I hate Fakebook… (just an aggravated rant…)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlemotor

My Member is Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So I’m not big on social media, and genuinely miss the high traffic, good content, discussion forums of old… I know, I know; I’m ON a discussion forum, lol.. This is LITERALLY the only one I’m on these days. I may have accounts at all of my old online stomping grounds for 1:1 racecars, and hotrods, but RC-wise; they’re literally all gonezo. Not a fan of RCTech.whatever, truggyracers is lonnnnnnng gone, 3diffs shut down, RCCNA is over with, NCBashers, etc….

It took me YEEEEEEEEARS to finally cave, and open a Fakebook acct, and primarily did it strictly because I got tired of feeling like some weirdo everytime another girl asked me if they “could add me”… I guess I’m old school, and if I wanna “keep up” with friends, and family, I actually hang out with them, stay in touch, or give them a shout…

Anyyyyyyway…. I eventually opened a “marketplace only” profile to keep that poop separate from my routine/mundane BS profile/acct. I’ve bought, built, and parted out SEVERAL 1:1 racecars/hotrods over the years, and require some sort of venue for the buying/selling… After the decline of the majority of the forums I’d frequent, and as much of a dumpsterfire that Craigslist is, it was the only logical choice imo.. I’ve since deleted my original account, and don’t regret it, or miss it one bit. So now all I have is my “alter-ego” marketplace only account, which does have maybe 3-4 cellphone scroll swipes worth of action total just to at least not come off as a fake acct/or scammer.. Has done its job in that respect as far as I can tell. I’m also on a handful of RC Groups, and am a moderator as well..

Now I don’t do this as a side job by any stretch of the term, but I do buy, sell, trade, etc., to help keep the hobby going for myself, as is the nature of RC in general, and the funds always go right back into the mix.. Probably sold roughly $8k worth of RC stuff in the last 45 days or so.. I had not met the forum criteria to start selling here, as I believe I became a member around December 15th I wanna say..

Now….

Over the past month or so, every single time I make a well worded, and properly formed listing on Fakebook, less than 10min later, I get a notification saying they’ve taken it down as it goes against their standards/community guidelines, or whatever the fiddlestick.. I first look over the listing for any obvious errors, or something that may be tripping off the bots, algorithms, or otherwise setting red flags, and I. See. Nothing. Wrong. 😳🤬

I’ve filed re-reviews, appeals, etc., and even completely redone the listings, to no avail… And honestly I wanna choke the poop outta someone.. I won’t sit here and say I’m being singled out, as I’m not THAT narcissistic, but Jesus… I boot scammers, and regulate bullshiiit listings all dammmiiit daaaay, and I’m being told by some bot that I’m infringing on someone’s intellectual property, selling counterfeit items, using fake photos, and hurting somebody’s feelings….

How freaking hard is it to simply sell off a couple brand new, high end Italian nitro engines?!?!?

1707200825258.gif

So I’m not big on social media, and genuinely miss the high traffic, good content, discussion forums of old… I know, I know; I’m ON a discussion forum, lol.. This is LITERALLY the only one I’m on these days. I may have accounts at all of my old online stomping grounds for 1:1 racecars, and hotrods, but RC-wise; they’re literally all gonezo. Not a fan of RCTech.whatever, truggyracers is lonnnnnnng gone, 3diffs shut down, RCCNA is over with, NCBashers, etc….

It took me YEEEEEEEEARS to finally cave, and open a Fakebook acct, and primarily did it strictly because I got tired of feeling like some weirdo everytime another girl asked me if they “could add me”… I guess I’m old school, and if I wanna “keep up” with friends, and family, I actually hang out with them, stay in touch, or give them a shout…

Anyyyyyyway…. I eventually opened a “marketplace only” profile to keep that poop separate from my routine/mundane BS profile/acct. I’ve bought, built, and parted out SEVERAL 1:1 racecars/hotrods over the years, and require some sort of venue for the buying/selling… After the decline of the majority of the forums I’d frequent, and as much of a dumpsterfire that Craigslist is, it was the only logical choice imo.. I’ve since deleted my original account, and don’t regret it, or miss it one bit. So now all I have is my “alter-ego” marketplace only account, which does have maybe 3-4 cellphone scroll swipes worth of action total just to at least not come off as a fake acct/or scammer.. Has done its job in that respect as far as I can tell. I’m also on a handful of RC Groups, and am a moderator as well..

Now I don’t do this as a side job by any stretch of the term, but I do buy, sell, trade, etc., to help keep the hobby going for myself, as is the nature of RC in general, and the funds always go right back into the mix.. Probably sold roughly $8k worth of RC stuff in the last 45 days or so.. I had not met the forum criteria to start selling here, as I believe I became a member around December 15th I wanna say..

Now….

Over the past month or so, every single time I make a well worded, and properly formed listing on Fakebook, less than 10min later, I get a notification saying they’ve taken it down as it goes against their standards/community guidelines, or whatever the fiddlestick.. I first look over the listing for any obvious errors, or something that may be tripping off the bots, algorithms, or otherwise setting red flags, and I. See. Nothing. Wrong. 😳🤬

I’ve filed re-reviews, appeals, etc., and even completely redone the listings, to no avail… And honestly I wanna choke the poop outta someone.. I won’t sit here and say I’m being singled out, as I’m not THAT narcissistic, but Jesus… I boot scammers, and regulate bullshiiit listings all dammmiiit daaaay, and I’m being told by some bot that I’m infringing on someone’s intellectual property, selling counterfeit items, using fake photos, and hurting somebody’s feelings….

How freaking hard is it to simply sell off a couple brand new, high end Italian nitro engines?!?!?

View attachment 346948
I only had this happen when i was advertising for 3d printing. But i have listings setup atm about it so idk

Like I say-I’ve started over with a completely new listing, no copy & paste, or even listed a completely different item, and BOOM! removed in 10min flat.. I seriously don’t see anything wrong.. it’s damned near like the only red flag (same thing from one listing to the next) is my damned NAME, I swear.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m truly at a loss.. none of my fakebook buddies, other mods or admin, or other guys I know that do a lot of moving on marketplace, or within the groups have any idea…
IMG_2750.png
IMG_2751.png

Damn you sound like me with the social media bull crap..

I closed that down like 4 or 5 years ago. Don't miss it a bit. Never was my style in keeping up with folks. Feels more like stalking thier every move more so then keeping up. Like I care what my friend from high-school fed thier 3 year old kid on accident.....

Arrma forum and a knife forum is my only online interaction. Well aside ebay.. I buy/sell/trade a lot of rc, knives and flashlights on ebay. Like a whole hidden community within the messages. Wierd stuff..

Anyway man, I don't know crap about market place. Never been on it.. wish you luck in getting it sorted though. Thats a heck of a motor! Would love it for my mp9 but the funds aren't in the cards right now.

Like I say-I’ve started over with a completely new listing, no copy & paste, or even listed a completely different item, and BOOM! removed in 10min flat.. I seriously don’t see anything wrong.. it’s damned near like the only red flag (same thing from one listing to the next) is my damned NAME, I swear.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m truly at a loss.. none of my fakebook buddies, other mods or admin, or other guys I know that do a lot of moving on marketplace, or within the groups have any idea…
View attachment 346950View attachment 346951

It's your title..

Too wordy

Just have- NIB , brand / model

Your listing body don't over emphasize Brand New in Box ,because your photo obviously shows it been opened...
Zuck's Meta A.i. will flag it.

it's that smart..
🤷‍♂️

Rest of the description is too lengthy. Trim it down to a sentence or two.

It's your title..

Too wordy

Your listing body don't over emphasize Brand New in Box ,because your photo obviously shows it been opened...

it's that smart..
🤷‍♂️

Damn you sound like me with the social media bull crap..

I closed that down like 4 or 5 years ago. Don't miss it a bit. Never was my style in keeping up with folks. Feels more like stalking thier every move more so then keeping up. Like I care what my friend from high-school fed thier 3 year old kid on accident.....

Arrma forum and a knife forum is my only online interaction. Well aside ebay.. I buy/sell/trade a lot of rc, knives and flashlights on ebay. Like a whole hidden community within the messages. Wierd stuff..

Anyway man, I don't know crap about market place. Never been on it.. wish you luck in getting it sorted though. Thats a heck of a motor! Would love it for my mp9 but the funds aren't in the cards right now.
Ha! Yeah-I’m not much in to the “look at me” mindset…

Pretty crazy about the eBay thing.. I’m also not down with paying taxes on my stuff TWICE which is fast becoming the accepted norm..

Thanks for the kind words on the motor, it’s a good one! I’ve got (2) to unload..😅
It's your title..

Too wordy

it's that smart..
🤷‍♂️

So you’re saying literally change “brand new in box” to “NIB”? Everything after that IS the brand, and model.. and if ya miss one bit of it, your listing won’t get viewed by the folks looking for that specific motor.. at any rate-I had it whittled down to just “Reds SV 7-port”, and it still got removed..

As for Cuck’s errr-I mean Zuck’s bs; in 30yrs of selling, if it’s unused-it’s brand new in the box. I guess possibly that shiiit is too literal for the snowflakes and millennials using it these days, and my wording is just dated or has become obsolete? 🤷🏻‍♂️. But there again-I had that whittled down to not even saying BNIB, and just said “never seen a drop of fuel”.. Still booted. Fml..

Rest of the description is location and feedback, aside from the bit about scammers… I mean-I’ve never had a problem until now, and imo that’s exactly what the item description/details is for..

This shiiit was just so much easier when it was on a freaking forum, and had a simple generic i-Trader feedback system… 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️🤬

Last edited:
You should be able to post in the classifieds section. You only need 25 posts and been a member for 1 month. You meet both of those requirements. :cool: (y)

You should be able to post in the classifieds section. You only need 25 posts and been a member for 1 month. You meet both of those requirements. :cool: (y)
I do now lol… I didn’t when I was fighting with the fakebook algorithms, and Zuck’s AI crap lol.. I was good on 1/15.. I thought I’d tread lightly though-didn’t wanna just post-whore it up, and then of course these motors are obviously nitro, and don’t have a thing to do with Arrma ANYTHING lol..😅🤷🏻‍♂️ -just didn’t wanna rub anyone the wrong way here is all. 🤙

Edit: while it wasn’t here-I HAVE seen a couple nitro converted Kratons with race .21’s on them.. Pretty damned cool..

I do now lol… I didn’t when I was fighting with the fakebook algorithms, and Zuck’s AI crap lol.. I was good on 1/15.. I thought I’d tread lightly though-didn’t wanna just post-whore it up, and then of course these motors are obviously nitro, and don’t have a thing to do with Arrma ANYTHING lol..😅🤷🏻‍♂️ -just didn’t wanna rub anyone the wrong way here is all. 🤙

Edit: while it wasn’t here-I HAVE seen a couple nitro converted Kratons with race .21’s on them.. Pretty damned cool..
You can sell whatever you want in the classifieds tbh. People list computers/laptops/gopros/drones/blahblahblah you will be just fine as long as it's nothing illegal :ROFLMAO:

You can sell whatever you want in the classifieds tbh. People list computers/laptops/gopros/drones/blahblahblah you will be just fine as long as it's nothing illegal :ROFLMAO:
Ha! Right on man, thanks for the feedback, I may post em up tomorrow.. or I guess that’s “today”…🤣. I’ll keep the illegal shiit to the private forum then lol

I've never been on Facebook. If someone wants to know what's going on in my life then they can do it the old fashion way and pick up the phone and call.

I don't even like texting, it always feels so impersonal to me. Some people consider it a full blown conversation. Like they have filled an obligation to keep in touch.

I use Facebook for the marketplace, because you can actually find some really good deals and for memes other than that it's just a giant poop show.

Yeah- IF they don’t flag and remove your listing every single time you make one… Hence this rant thread…🤷🏻‍♂️😅🤬
Oh I only buy stuff, same with eBay and craigslist. I hate selling things because people am dumb.

Back