My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have winter here. We have warm and not so warm. Sort of boring if you ask me but people seem to like it.

I had a gas mower and I was constantly fixing it, fueling it, something it. I'd spend an hour getting it out for the bi-monthly mow and 15 mins actually mowing the lawn.

It has it's place in suburbia where the water is scarce and the yards are small. The yard is small enough that I can mow, whack and blow on one battery.

I'm about ready to plant rocks to be honest.
For the amount of usage, it wouldn't have been a bad idea for you to have fuel stabilizer in your fuel cans. Ethanol attracts water. Water no goody for Mr. engine. In all seriousness, with your space, I wish ya well. I'm sure those fold up nicely too, less mess ETC. If "I" had 900sqf of grass, I'd be using my wacker. I'm kinda fancy with the wackage :ROFLMAO:

I changed to Makita battery powered tools years ago. Line trimmer, leaf blower, vacuum, air compressor, drills etc. It's been great. No wasting time cold starting engines or playing with fuel. Batteries are always charged ready to go and preform the same every time.

I'm just waiting for my old lawnmower to die so I can get a battery powered one. It's a Briggs and Stratton engine so it's lasting forever (and mind you, this one starts first time, every time).

I think both fuel and battery powered tools have their place. I have no plans to get rid of my Stihl chainsaws.

Last edited:
I don't think anything electric is worth having unless it's an RC. It's all novelty imo. The batteries for electric lawnmowers and their matching weed wacker aand blowers are ridiculously expensive. Not worth it. Electric cars? Novelty item. They're not feasible in the real world with all the temperatures, and lithium as well as NiMh can't even come close to being enough in resources for society. The world has a big problem when it comes to energy. For the present moment we're fine, but down the road, mankind will have to find a longer lasting solution.
My neighbor put an electric mower out on the street cuz he couldn't get a replacement battery for it. Finally someone picked it up after a few days. :LOL:

We don't have winter here. We have warm and not so warm. Sort of boring if you ask me but people seem to like it.
Where I live we have hot and disintegrate into a volcano hot!!

Last edited:
Electric rocks! Yea, batts are expensive, but if you get the tools with the same battery (same brands), their interchangeable. I'll never go back to corded blowers, weed wackers, drills, chain saws, sanders, circular saw, etc. 99% of my tools/yard tools are electric. Never had an issue with any of my batteries and I drain em every time.

Now mowers are different. I've got a little over an acre and ain't no way an electric mower is gonna handle that. But if you have a small lot, electric mowers are awesome.

Basic problem with electric tools is the battery. Shut off is when the capacity is somewhere around 10% or less. Damage guaranteed. As the curve of anything lithium drops drastically when just about empty there is no really good way to make the tools shut off early enough if you are not measuring Amps all the time. No tool does that unless you use something like an Unisense-E like some use on RC-planes. So basically it's guaranteed to damage your lipo once the tool shuts off due to low voltage. Capacity of the battery just drops every time your tool shuts off due to low voltage. The only workaround is a lipo with large capacity.

Gas mowers are a bit like Arrma cars. They do need some Tender Loving Care time. But that's part of the fun. Called wrenching.
Lipos need to be young, dumb, and full of mah to keep the tool going. Gas tools are the old tools. Need lots of TLC and priming to get going. Lots of wrenching.

"people seem to like it. I can mow, whack and blow on one battery."
😂 Sorry. Had to do it. I'm a bit like Beavis and Butthead.

Last edited:
@Dan B. Back to your rant…. I’m sick of a whole generation of idiots being taught how to live off our tax money and get a raise every 9 months. I knew this guy who made 8 grand a month off the government with a nice Obama phone and a flat screen tv and we can’t take care of our own veterans? Freedom comes at the ultimate sacrifice and if you risk your life in a foreign land to protect what so many take for granted and we can’t give them a free everything let alone they should have the very best prosthetics if you get blown up. They use you up and throw you away. But let’s give some free money to a guy on fake disability from GM but has a cash job on the side. I live in Michigan. Our governor is a real piece of garbage. And let’s remind the country that we are pussies with sleeper cells all over the fkin place. If you catch 9 terrorist in Raleigh NC? The FBI agent had to go rouge to get the rest of them on board. Now it’s mass shooters killing innocent Americans by Americans. I miss Ronald Regan. He was the last bad ass mf that made sure the world knew who you can’t even think about messing with us? FAFO. You don’t hear about the navy seal who gave up his position to laser Chavez because he vowed to kill us all and Obama told them to stand down and he was killed. Nobody knows because they don’t want you too. I know because my sister in laws 4 brothers are seals. Her oldest brother was a top gun grad and teacher. They were there. Shady af

@Dan B. Back to your rant…. I’m sick of a whole generation of idiots being taught how to live off our tax money and get a raise every 9 months. I knew this guy who made 8 grand a month off the government with a nice Obama phone and a flat screen tv and we can’t take care of our own veterans? Freedom comes at the ultimate sacrifice and if you risk your life in a foreign land to protect what so many take for granted and we can’t give them a free everything let alone they should have the very best prosthetics if you get blown up. They use you up and throw you away. But let’s give some free money to a guy on fake disability from GM but has a cash job on the side. I live in Michigan. Our governor is a real piece of garbage. And let’s remind the country that we are pussies with sleeper cells all over the fkin place. If you catch 9 terrorist in Raleigh NC? The FBI agent had to go rouge to get the rest of them on board. Now it’s mass shooters killing innocent Americans by Americans. I miss Ronald Regan. He was the last bad ass mf that made sure the world knew who you can’t even think about messing with us? FAFO. You don’t hear about the navy seal who gave up his position to laser Chavez because he vowed to kill us all and Obama told them to stand down and he was killed. Nobody knows because they don’t want you too. I know because my sister in laws 4 brothers are seals. Her oldest brother was a top gun grad and teacher. They were there. Shady af
Too many in government who simply hate the American dream, the American way of life and the freedom it represents. It is what it is. And they are working hard to destroy it. So obvious - not just "conspiracy theory" anymore but conspiracy. But that house of cards is starting to come down as their fear mongering, warmongering and sabotaging is becoming so obvious that even the naive are starting to see what they are dealing with. More money trails are coming into the light...

This is a rant thread, so it's fair game, I suppose. There are people who cheat the gov with fake disability claims who work on the sly. Usually people claiming bad backs. It's BS. A valid complaint. However, I'm a bit taken aback about your approval of Ronald Reagan...you being from MI and all. You ignore Reagan's destruction of unions. You also ignore his involvement with funding the destruction of central American government. It's WHY we have such an immigrant problem today. He funded guerilla warfare which downright handed power over to the drug lords. These people are trying to escape their tyranny to this day. I'm NOT saying their government was fantastic....but it wasn't like THIS. Read up on what happened, and WITHOUT your right-wing bias.

Edit - another thing about Reagan. He began the idea of NAFTA. Look into it. There's even a YouTube video of him with the 'brilliant' idea.

Clipboard01.jpg

No comment, not new, been in place for 10+ years

All it takes is one inconsiderate person and we all pay the price. I understand if they want to limit access to remote controls in parks and public places but provide an alternate location where we can bash. Heading to a point where I have to learn the skills to navigate a 6s Kraton in my living room.

Drones would have been ok if they did not have cameras. Those uploaded drone videos caused the mess.

I live in an apartment complex with say 100 ish apts 6 buildings and a lot of dogs my male heeler is my Esa my gf has a corgie her Esa I found a female heeler out in the woods this Christmas eve and brought her home looked for her owner nothing no sign registered her got her her shots the works in the court yard I would let my dogs out to go to the bathroom like everyone else does near me and we have a older guy with an aggressive Frenchy looking thing both bad apples my gf was letting the dogs out and the dogs ran up to him he was so afraid he called the cops I ended up having to give up my female heeler that I rescued because even after my property manager told me i could have 3 dogs the corporate office said no she's in a safe happy home with my kid and her mother and is doing well but this dude will walk right up to my patio door and start taking pictures of my apt on the inside he will take pictures of my pellet grill call the cops on people working on there cars the works I've made My stance with him known but he will go at my girlfriend when I'm gone he's on a nonrenewal so my stance is to out last him but where I come from playing stupid games wins you stupid problems I'm about to finish this in a way I grew up in a small town farm I am not the tree to bark up

I live in an apartment complex with say 100 ish apts 6 buildings and a lot of dogs my male heeler is my Esa my gf has a corgie her Esa I found a female heeler out in the woods this Christmas eve and brought her home looked for her owner nothing no sign registered her got her her shots the works in the court yard I would let my dogs out to go to the bathroom like everyone else does near me and we have a older guy with an aggressive Frenchy looking thing both bad apples my gf was letting the dogs out and the dogs ran up to him he was so afraid he called the cops I ended up having to give up my female heeler that I rescued because even after my property manager told me i could have 3 dogs the corporate office said no she's in a safe happy home with my kid and her mother and is doing well but this dude will walk right up to my patio door and start taking pictures of my apt on the inside he will take pictures of my pellet grill call the cops on people working on there cars the works I've made My stance with him known but he will go at my girlfriend when I'm gone he's on a nonrenewal so my stance is to out last him but where I come from playing stupid games wins you stupid problems I'm about to finish this in a way I grew up in a small town farm I am not the tree to bark up
Sometimes best to totally ignore. Not get worked up. Seems some people just want a reaction to get some emotional high from it. It does not even matter to them if that emotional reaction is positive or negative. So just don't give them any of that. Kind of stops many of them.

Check up some YouTube videos about ignoring narcissists. They can't deal with that so good. Just don't let yourself be pushed that you end up beeing the problem by law. Many people would rather be hated than to be unknown. Most people are basically emotionally adolescent. When you realize that it's easier to deal with just about anybody.

Last edited:
Sometimes best to totally ignore. Not get worked up. Seems some people just want a reaction to get some emotional high from it. It does not even matter to them if that emotional reaction is positive or negative. So just don't give them any of that. Kind of stops many of them.

Check up some YouTube videos about ignoring narcissists. They can't deal with that so good. Just don't let yourself be pushed that you end up beeing the problem by law. Many people would rather be hated than to be unknown. Most people are basically emotionally adolescent. When you realize that it's easier to deal with just about anybody.
Thank you man

The thing about that is, no one deals with that so good. The irony is, people with personality disorders can also use those tools to abuse someone. It's called the silent treatment. Gray rocking a narcissist has it's place, but blackballing or the silent treatment is quite another. Ignoring a 'karen' out in a park or place of residence is a wise move, unless a person absolutely has to physically defend themselves. Not long ago, I went through a public area (commons) and saw a Karen go after some dude who had his dogs loose. Two pitbulls. No, he's not supposed to have them loose. It's not a dog park. It is the law to have them on a leash there. But, she (the karen) was messing with fire by not leaving him alone, following him and calling the police. He started yelling over to me about the "Karen," then yelling "let's go Brandon" while laughing. She didn't seem to have any sense to back off and leave, despite him behaving like he might get physically aggressive with her. Both of them were in the wrong and overstepped social boundaries. I stayed out of their interaction. Wanted nothing to do with it and left. I went there to assess whether it was a viable place to run an RC. It isn't. Won't be going back there.

Another thing I don't understand, is all the hatred I see everywhere. Whether it be karens harassing people, or right-wing political hatred. I've noticed that a lot of people in the RC community are OBVIOUSLY right-wing and angry. That's why the previous president is so beloved by them. He is a loudspeaker...a mouthpiece for their long standing hatred that wants to come out, guns blazing (Devil's Advocate movie reference) to rant and even physically go after anyone who doesn't see things exactly their way. What they seem to want is big government against those they don't like, but small government when it comes anything in their interest. I'm getting sick of all of it. They can say anything they wish, but if anyone opposes them, or makes them look in the mirror....they lash out with either violence, screaming, or the silent treatment. Reminds me of a certain personality disorder.

I've noticed that a lot of people in the RC community are OBVIOUSLY right-wing and angry. That's why the previous president is so beloved by them. He is a loudspeaker...a mouthpiece for their long standing hatred that wants to come out, guns blazing (Devil's Advocate movie reference) to rant and even physically go after anyone who doesn't see things exactly their way. What they seem to want is big government against those they don't like, but small government when it comes anything in their interest. I'm getting sick of all of it. They can say anything they wish, but if anyone opposes them, or makes them look in the mirror....they lash out with either violence, screaming, or the silent treatment. Reminds me of a certain personality disorder.
The thing is, I only liked the previous president because he made America better. Gas prices were lower, we weren't relying on other countries for energy, and the borders were under control, to name a few. I'm sure there were downsides, as with any president, but the effect he had was net positive imo, unlike other presidents.

Back