Mojave Shock Setup Wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani d.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Vendetta
  6. Vorteks
I have a Mojave and have recently been driving it on an uneven field. It also has many small and larger bumps. The Mojave really takes off, it really loses contact with the ground.
The Mojave is an EXB and all original. Is there a recommended setup for the shocks what you can recommend me? Like a Trophy Truck Speed Basher Setup

Shock weight is a little weak, I like 80-100wt depending on the tire/electronics combo

The bias should be dictated by the battery tray position

Last edited:
I changed to 330507 springs in front. 900 oil in front. 800 in rear as the rear works more. Also harder springs in rear but not sure about the number. Spring list here. Glass taped the body with polymer (similar to silicon) so it's heavier and needs harder springs.

Machen Sie ein Foto von den vorderen und hinteren Türmen, mal sehen, was Sie vorhaben.
Hope it helps

20230725_180725.jpg

20230725_180718.jpg

I would recommend more preload on the springs.
Best setup seems to be when you press the car onto the ground with the chassis and have it come up by itself to about halfway of the shock's travel. In other words: when you drop the car from about 10 inches, it should come back up about half way to 2/3rd.
The way you have it now it is sitting too low. It can't handle bumps, because there's no travel left. It's all negative travel. Causing the rig to buck the rear upwards instead of compressing the shock.
Too much preload will cause the rig to bounce over small potholes, because the shocks can't expand anymore. All in all the Mojave needs almost as much up as down travel.
Easiest way to set this up is to press the rig down and have it come up to the point where the front arms are level and the rear just a tiny bit pointing downwards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back