Kraton Modification of the weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a 17t with mine on 4s/5s,Thomas P uses the 16t with 6s to give you some ideas.

View attachment 4932 Chassis braces:How effective?Heres a test if you dare,put a 4x4 block under each front and rear diff and push down at the center diff.With my brace i can stand on the center diff with very little deflection..

I use a 17t with my 4092,, but I have the 1480kv. You should tune your gearing with a temp gun,, Your battery's will thank you.

I use a 17t with my 4092,, but I have the 1480kv. You should tune your gearing with a temp gun,, Your battery's will thank you.
Motor temp was 138f,Esc 148f and battery got to 120f on 6s,going back to a 16t,theres no way i can use the top end with a 17t,and battery temp is to high.These temps where on a sand track,esc fan got some sand in it and stopped turning so my esc temp should go down next run.

Motor temp was 138f,Esc 148f and battery got to 120f on 6s,going back to a 16t,theres no way i can use the top end with a 17t,and battery temp is to high.These temps where on a sand track,esc fan got some sand in it and stopped turning so my esc temp should go down next run.

Sand is hard on drivetrain,, I've melted center diffs (500k) running in sand. Glad your taking temps,, way to go.

The soil I run in is all sand but you can see it has grass growing in it...it's better off for me to run on a dry day... If it's a little wet, it's into everything. I have to air this thing off often to keep sand out of it. I ran a few new parts last weekend, the Parma body and the Backflip tires. I love them both...getting use to the changes still. The Kraton handles much different now. I may add thicker shock oil. The body and tires are way heavier . I got this body beefed up pretty good from the under side. She's topping out at 57mph in the parking lot over here and runs well in the cabbage also . Let me see if I can get a short clip of some running around.

http://vid934.photobucket.com/albums/ad184/bailout27/editedVideo_1-7-2017_81206_PM_zpsqj098xxr.mp4

Attachments

• IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 71
The soil I run in is all sand but you can see it has grass growing in it...it's better off for me to run on a dry day... If it's a little wet, it's into everything. I have to air this thing off often to keep sand out of it. I ran a few new parts last weekend, the Parma body and the Backflip tires. I love them both...getting use to the changes still. The Kraton handles much different now. I may add thicker shock oil. The body and tires are way heavier . I got this body beefed up pretty good from the under side. She's topping out at 57mph in the parking lot over here and runs well in the cabbage also . Let me see if I can get a short clip of some running around.

http://vid934.photobucket.com/albums/ad184/bailout27/editedVideo_1-7-2017_81206_PM_zpsqj098xxr.mp4
That is truly Awesome!!!

Kauaiguy, what kind of fan is that mounted on the motor?
I'm using the Hobbywing fan,about $9 bucks on ebay,tried the Caslte single fan first and it hardly made any difference.The Hobbywing fan needs to be bent a little to fit the Leo can tight,remove fan before bending!

For those of you that installed the heatsink and fan, did you have to take the motor out to do it? My heatsink/fan came in today and I'm thinking what the best way to put it on would be. It seems that part of the roll cage prevents me from slipping it over the top.

For those of you that installed the heatsink and fan, did you have to take the motor out to do it? My heatsink/fan came in today and I'm thinking what the best way to put it on would be. It seems that part of the roll cage prevents me from slipping it over the top.
On my Leopard motor i had to remove the motor and the end cover screws and also resize the blue heatsink with fan off,then mount fan.

Installed new toro motor. 1550kv but is still getting toasty fairly quickly on 13t pinion and 5s lipo. Running backflip tires so traction is good. Cannot hold a finger to it for two seconds. No drivetrain resistance with a completely new bearing set. Not any heavier than any other kraton with front and rear tbone!
I guess it is just a heavy truck with good traction?
Thinking of trying a max 8 combo.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20170114_090714.jpg
    20170114_090714.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20170114_090718.jpg
    20170114_090718.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 61
Stock motor on 5s worked well for me on stock tires. Backflips are much heavier. Should still be good. Didn't get hot. Is the Max8 a 2200kv combo ?

Last edited:
On that motor,how long is the can,stock is 4072.If it's the same can length,then it should handle a 13t without getting hot on 6s,maybe one of the motor wires has a bad connection?

On that motor,how long is the can,stock is 4072.If it's the same can length,then it should handle a 13t without getting hot on 6s,maybe one of the motor wires has a bad connection?
Same size motor. My 1800kv 4274 hobbywing ran just as hot? Maybe bad soldering job on my esc?
The max 8 combo does come with a 2200kv motor. But I don't hear any complaints.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back