Kraton Broken Kraton exb out of the box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegendaryLawman

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Someone has a Kraton 6s exb for sale-

The RC is new in the box but the bottom of the both diff gears are placed so that they are scraping against the top of the chassis plate, and the drive train tends to lock up. Supposedly the RC is marked NW to signify that it does NOT come with an arrma warranty.

Any idea if this could be an easy fix? The EXBs are hard to find and the price isn’t too bad

I don't like to buy someone else's problems. If you're not mechanically inclined then you might find it a big pain in the 🚫. Not all 2nd hand rigs are bad. I just like to buy new. 🏁. Good luck and welcome to the club. :cool:

Someone has a Kraton 6s exb for sale-

The RC is new in the box but the bottom of the both diff gears are placed so that they are scraping against the top of the chassis plate, and the drive train tends to lock up. Supposedly the RC is marked NW to signify that it does NOT come with an arrma warranty.

Any idea if this could be an easy fix? The EXBs are hard to find and the price isn’t too bad
Would have to see it opened up and rotating the ring gears. Is it the older EXB? Sounds like the diff cases have a defect where they come up a bit short. All depends on the price of it. Might be worth a bulkhead upgrade if it's the older plastic bulkhead model. There are also gaskets which might provide a modicum of height to keep the ring gear from the chassis.

$550 shipped kinda pricey but they are literally not available right now, it’s new in the box obviously a manufacturer defect.

Its the new version, aluminum diffs and bulkheads

But if you're not experienced with 'wrenching' on RC's then blaster 27's advice is good.

$550 shipped kinda pricey but they are literally not available right now, it’s new in the box obviously a manufacturer defect.

Its the new version, aluminum diffs and bulkheads
Then you should probably steer clear of it. These things (RC models) already need things like fluids being topped off and servo end pounts adjusted out of the box as it is. Like what's been said. You don't need any more bull crap.

Last edited:
Strange, got a link?

For Arrma to honor the warranty you do have to have an original receipt from an authorized retailer.

I wouldn't. Not for that kind of money. No. It's been poked and prodded with grimy hands all over it. It's messed up and doesn't function correctly. The front shock tower looks a little tweaked, (could be optical illusion) but even still. No.
Thanks for the reassurance, maybe at $350-400 but i agree it’s getting too pricey. I was hoping to pick one up but they are allusive to say the least, hence the high price for a fixer upper

I've been watching the same one since day one of the posting, mainly because I didn't think it would go for anywhere near what it is now. And a parts truck would be nice but not for what it's at now. Especially not when it's close to what a new one with no issues and a warranty costs. I know the pain of finding one these days but keep in mind it will pass and others will be available before you know it, that don't require significant tweaking and no warranty

You seem new to the hobby. 🤷‍♂️ .You will spend more $ and time to get it up and running. Better to pass on this one. Don't make your 1st Kraton a mistake. Might make you give up on the hobby.:cool:. I bought a few rigs off @joostin420. He will treat you right. All he sells are new in box, so no worries. 👍

Where in here does it say anything about the diffs scraping? i've bought sliders off them just fine.
Brand new never driven, may have minor handling marks from disassembly. NEWEST VERSION FULL EXB RED metal DIFF BULKHEAD and COVERS This is the newest version and ready to build. It includes all diffs, axles and the exb center diff limited slip diff and spur, speed pinion, books manuals, tool kit as shown. Exb has all the upgrades, bigger towers, metal braces, updated steering assembly l, metal servo mount, red metal bulkheads now! Sold as pictured , needs electronics , body, tires, shocks etc as shown

-i think you attached the wrong link.

Where in here does it say anything about the diffs scraping? i've bought sliders off them just fine.
Brand new never driven, may have minor handling marks from disassembly. NEWEST VERSION FULL EXB RED metal DIFF BULKHEAD and COVERS This is the newest version and ready to build. It includes all diffs, axles and the exb center diff limited slip diff and spur, speed pinion, books manuals, tool kit as shown. Exb has all the upgrades, bigger towers, metal braces, updated steering assembly l, metal servo mount, red metal bulkheads now! Sold as pictured , needs electronics , body, tires, shocks etc as shown

I think you are seeing an alternative now that the item has sold. Here is the original listing and text:

"This unit NOT complete as it is missing 4 wheel nuts. This unit has been bench tested and all electronics tested well; note that the bottom of the diff gears are placed so that they are scraping against the top of the chassis plate, and the drive train tends to lock up. Overall this unit is in okay looking unused condition with multiple issues throughout, so this unit is intended for use as PARTS ONLY. This unit is marked NW to signify that it does NOT come with a manufacturer's warranty. Thank you for your interest."

Too bad

Too late you could have bought it.

No worries though, it will be on eBay again. 🤣

Back