Measuring for beadlock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Hey guys, I’m clearly a mega newb, been in the dream since November. Can I please get some advice on how to search for some rubber that will fit these? With a caveat of course; I’m not looking for crawler tires, and yes, I know these rims are made for a crawler. From the little I’ve learned, I’ve deduced that they are MT I think that means they are both sides the same measurement. I’d like some tires that can get up to speed maybe off-road on road maybe paddles, even slicks. Maybe it’s impossible with the size. maybe it’s a one off I don’t know.

42C6EBE3-4061-4067-A9FC-A9DEBAE30D34.jpeg

Can make a lot of tires work(custom cut) depending on rpm and usage with adequate foams. What do the rings look like, not a lot of clamping on only 6 threads but aluminum is obviously more rigid. Just need to confirm its flatness, basher or crawler??

8B1375F3-1916-4048-BC58-9927AAD646D0.jpeg

Outside of crawlers / trail trucks I have not had much success with beadlock wheels. If bashing or speed stick with a good quality ca glue and standard wheels and tires. If premounted check the bonding anyway and add glue as needed.

Can make a lot of tires work(custom cut) depending on rpm and usage with adequate foams. What do the rings look like, not a lot of clamping on only 6 threads but aluminum is obviously more rigid. Just need to confirm its flatness, basher or crawler??

View attachment 287733
I know they’re not gonna be great for high speeds, but I’d like to at least be able to rip around some off roading maybe? Probably push them to their limit and then stay below it. Maybe I should rough up or add grooves to that clamp? Ad a little friction? Or maybe these will be strictly show pieces? I am obsessed with keeping my car is looking as good as they run.

2422483F-369E-4901-9B1D-84CF69553924.jpeg

That’s enough surface area clamp to try without glue, just need to find a tire/foam. Proline hyrax for UDR might be a good reference candidate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back