Let's see those crawlers and trail runners!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tired of ripping up the bottom edge of my Zuul's body, so I designed and 3D printed some sliders that actually protect the Lexan. Also posted up the files on Cults3D (first time doing that) and made my first sale! A whopping $4 into my bank account :ROFLMAO:

I also designed a hybrid bent sheet metal + 3D printed trailing arm mount variant and will have a prototype of that in the next few days, hopefully.

NT4T6yi.jpg
NBJPe3H.jpg

Spent a few days in Fruita working out the last details on the Ryft 2.2" rock crawler. Close behind is Kyle with his 2.2" Antero / Dlux Fab build. Overall, we are super pleased with the Ryft's evolution, and will be putting up the build details on the website. Tires make all the difference on this cold and damp sandstone, and the 2.2" Ruptures with CI two-stage foams proved their worth. Excellent combo on both rigs.​

Ryft 33.jpg

Kyle's Antero / Dlux Fab 2.2 Hybrid. We've used this is as the testing baseline for our Ryft development, meaning that I have to follow this truck's line out on the trail. Easier said than done....
Kyle 2.2 A.jpg

Last edited:
RC Speedy SCX-6 rock buggy with Treal axles and 2.9" JConcepts Landmine tires. It was out first outing with the rock buggy, and it's pretty well dialed in from the get-go. We will design up a set of sliders to tuck up under the tube chassis for a bit of protection.
SCX6 Buggy 4.jpg

RC Speedy SCX-6 rock buggy with Treal axles and 2.9" JConcepts Landmine tires. It was out first outing with the rock buggy, and it's pretty well dialed in from the get-go. We will design up a set of sliders to tuck up under the tube chassis for a bit of protection.
View attachment 363743

I didn't realize people were doing these kinds of builds on the SCX6 platform! That's amazing... I would still love to drive an SCX6 one day.

In other 1/10 scale news, I designed some stainless rock sliders for the Zuul and had them lasercut/bent by SendCutSend. The slider is 0.060" 304 stainless and requires the use of a 3D printed trailing arm bracket if you want to continue using the trailing arm setup, otherwise the slider can be used by itself if you are switching over to a 4-link setup.

cLz1Erb.jpg
uKLK6zt.jpg
A1l8PZN.jpg

My wifes Defender can crawl now! Still a little top heavy compared to mine with the IR40 body, but dramatic improvements compared to before when it was stock except weighted wheels and new tires. Still have some bigger 63mm JConcepts Scorpios on the way, but its already a lot more fun.
1000006558.jpg
1000006557.jpg

My wifes Defender can crawl now! Still a little top heavy compared to mine with the IR40 body, but dramatic improvements compared to before when it was stock except weighted wheels and new tires. Still have some bigger 63mm JConcepts Scorpios on the way, but its already a lot more fun.
View attachment 364289View attachment 364290

Nice crawling course!

Back