Kronos XTR 2022 Wrong Shocks From Factory, Anyone Else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^
+!
Was my first impression also....
then I thought maybe, just maybe, he did get someone elses returned rig , repackaged and sold to him? What it looks like.
Unless he knows more than he is telling.:unsure:
Team Corally is a "stretched name" for a Basher type RC company. Deceiving. These are not "Team" Raced" rigs at all. Not even close. They just have the quick appearance they are, along with the Company's "Racy" name.:rolleyes:
Seems most have luck with them on the whole however, as basher brands go.
Yeah. I had one, was far from fast stock. Did what I could to it, it was OK...but just not my style rig. It was tough as nails though.

Many "say" they are easier to work on than the Arrma 6s line. Is that your experience?
I never had a TC.

Many "say" they are easier to work on than the Arrma 6s line. Is that your experience?
I never had a TC.
No. Have to remove a bunch of stuff to get to the front and rear diffs. Arms and suspension pretty much the same process. Motor is same process also.

^^^
+!
Was my first impression also....
then I thought maybe, just maybe, he did get someone elses returned rig , repackaged and sold to him? What it looks like.
Unless he knows more than he is telling.:unsure:
Team Corally is a "stretched name" for a Basher type RC company. Deceiving. These are not "Team" Raced" rigs at all. Not even close. They just have the quick appearance they are, along with the Company's "Racy" name.:rolleyes:
Seems most have luck with them on the whole however, as basher brands go.

Team Corally is a huge on road race brand and has been around for a few decades now. Jason Deerden the guy that started Arrma used to either work for or drive for them before he worked at HPI. They just recently dipped their toes into the basher market.

^^^
I stand corrected and never even knew any of this. TY
I just never seen their presence in Racing before. At least here in the States.

^^^
I stand corrected and never even knew any of this. TY
I just never seen their presence in Racing before.
If it makes you feel better I had never even heard of them until the Python was announced. I guess they are really big in Europe not so much here in the states though.

I have a '21 Kronos XTR with the TC combo which is a max8 in a red wrapper. I like it, it drives pretty well, not as durable for me as the k6exb. The steering rack, links and arms have all been problematic from TC. I added the upper "dual rack" stiffener after breaking the original rack, then broke an arm, and both steer links more than once.. I know some break these same parts on their Arrma's, but I have yet to break more than a single rod end on my Arrma's🤷‍♂️.. My brother bought the rtr kronos late last year. Only a handful of runs through it thus far. I can say his Kronos has already lasted longer without issues than his Sludge!!🤣🤣
We don't bash in the traditional sense that most do. We run around a small track here at the house. ALOT of crashing into each other, as well as trees.. I consider it very abusive myself. TC released the updated front hubs right after I bought mine in late '21. I got them for free after submitting a claim to TC. I did have to pay for shipping from Belgium, which was $25. His did NOT come with the updated hubs, even though they've been available for over a year? I think they should have at least thrown the upgrades in the box?
As to working on a TC vs Arrma, it's a wash IMO.
The TC drive line is waay off center, as such, the center cups and shafts wear quite quickly I feel vs the Arrma's. Diffs and shocks have been fine for me.
Team Corally is a huge on road race brand and has been around for a few decades now. Jason Deerden the guy that started Arrma used to either work for or drive for them before he worked at HPI. They just recently dipped their toes into the basher market.
I don't mean to be critical of TC by any means. Like I said, I like mine overall. Arrma is on the v5 and I know they've had some hiccups along the way.. TC is on v2 I believe, so, as long as they're committed to improving, I see no reason they won't be just as good.

Last edited:
I have a Kraton 6s and two Corally vehicles - a Radix6 buggy and a Muraco truggy (think Talion). There are few differences on maintenance between Arrma and Corally as the designs are similar.

The one area Corally shines is their electronics: they have a rebranded Max8 for their ESC; a rebranded Hobbywing 2050kv motor with a finned can; and a 25kg servo, all stock. I haven't felt the need to replace the electronics in my Corally vehicles, but I have replaced all the electronics in my Kraton.

the diffs are better than arrma hardened steel gears had no problems at all with them serviced them after eight months or so and they are like brand new the car has had a lot of use also. all the drive cups are in really good condition there from the xtr 2022 model. all the driveshafts were worn out so just changed all those

the diffs are better than arrma hardened steel gears had no problems at all with them serviced them after eight months or so and they are like brand new the car has had a lot of use also. all the drive cups are in really good condition there from the xtr 2022 model. all the driveshafts were worn out so just changed all those
Same here.. I replaced the front center driveshaft along with all the cups. TC supplied the upgraded spring steel cups free of charge, nearly 6 months after I bought it!! The OP claim is definitely BS.
I'm keeping an eye on my brothers rtr Kronos drive cups since his came through with the black XP cups.. no signs of wear yet. He's still running the stock tires on the track.. I've suggested he swap them out for "proper" track tires but he hasn't.. I think he's afraid of seeing how much better it is than his beloved $1200 Sludge and E Revo's!! LOL 😉🤣🤣

I have a Kraton 6s and two Corally vehicles - a Radix6 buggy and a Muraco truggy (think Talion). There are few differences on maintenance between Arrma and Corally as the designs are similar.

The one area Corally shines is their electronics: they have a rebranded Max8 for their ESC; a rebranded Hobbywing 2050kv motor with a finned can; and a 25kg servo, all stock. I haven't felt the need to replace the electronics in my Corally vehicles, but I have replaced all the electronics in my Kraton.
Yes, the TC esc is fully programmable, unlocked if you will. That's a welcomed feature IMO, vs most rebranded HW esc's included with rtr's that have limited programming options.
The TC combo is quite potent for an rtr. However being a truggy sized system, a fully upgraded "muggy" such as a beefcacked k6 with heavier than stock aluminum bits and big tires is a stretch for a max8 combo I feel. They run on the hot side. Obviously some good quality fans helps keep the electronics happy but, I really am not a big proponent for relying on fans to keep things from burning up.. I find that these tiny fans fail rather frequently, and go too easily undetected while having a good time.
Whenever possible, I like to test without fans and see how hot things get, and how quickly. Keep the gearing conservative. Just in case..

I really am not a big proponent for relying on fans to keep things from burning up.. I find that these tiny fans fail rather frequently, and go too easily undetected while having a good time.
Whenever possible, I like to test without fans and see how hot things get, and how quickly. Keep the gearing conservative. Just in case..

I agree 1000% with all of this! 👍

The XTR comes as a roller and is not available as a RTR vehicle. Did you get electronics installed from the factory in your Kronos? If it came with electronics installed, you got a Kronos XP, not a Kronos XTR. Regardless, of whether or not it is an XTR, the diffs and shocks shouldn't be leaking out of the box.

If you had issues with the shocks out of the box, why didn't you submit a warranty claim when you first noticed the issue before you tore things down? Once you tear things down you may have voided the warranty. Even if you didn't void it, having the warranty period expire is your own fault.

I own two Corally vehicles (a Radix6 and a Muraco), and I haven't had a single issue with either of them: no leaks, no malformed wheels, nothing. The quality on my Corally vehicles surpasses that on my Arrma Kraton 6s: the diffs and shocks were filled properly on the Corallys, unlike those on my Kraton.

One more thing: according to RChobbyexplosion.com, the part number you provided for the XTR shock pistons is for Team Corally Shock Piston Heavy Duty 4mm Set - Sketer 4S MT, C-00180-768. These are NOT for an XTR.
I agree I like my corrally I got a radix 6 and a skeeter build quality is superior to arrma

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back