Kronos XTR 2022 Wrong Shocks From Factory, Anyone Else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRCEEE

Reaction score
Already posted this on Corally forum. I need to spread this information to anyone looking into this company.

I was delivered a Kronos XTR 2022 version early March. It came with some issues out of the box. Wheels malformed, bent front drive shaft, leaking front differential, leaking front shocks and what I feel is the worst of these, is the shocks mounted on the chassis were from Corally's regular 6S models. They were simply the wrong part. One shock went 'limp' so I opened it up and to my surprise

PXL_20230410_202417618.jpg

PXL_20230409_231631586.jpg

Those are the incorrect pistons mounted on the 'XTR 2022'.

I searched the part number provided from HRP's website exploded-view of the XTR 2022. And that part number is C-00180-768 And looks much different. And supposedly 4mm thick. The calipers show a discovery of BS. Bull**** you ask? No, bait and switch. Even the shock rod ends are incorrect. The whole shock setup was a scam.

I am left with a terrible platform. An unusable rig. I feel so scammed and cheated. I was assured the model sent was a 'Kronos XTR 2022'. I've lost all patience regarding this thing. Over 30 days. Can't return. Or, argue with Corally and HRP for the necessary parts. This thing has been nothing but let downs, and stress dealing with all the people not helping.

I could have almost forgiven them even for the junky wheels, leaking differential, leaking front shocks and HOW DOES A DRIVESHAFT GET BENT FROM FACTORY? But the incorrect shocks mounted was the last thread.

It was the biggest disappoint in my many years of RC. It has only left me feeling cheated. I know, I know. 'Corally service will help'. Enough with the crutch please. Relying on customer service instead of the quality of units is disappointing to say the least. I paid for one thing, but got another.

Let this be a lesson regarding Corally. Don't buy their junk. It is just a scam. Pathetic excuses of humans would defend this fraud.
PXL_20230414_103611608.jpg
PXL_20230414_103630661.jpg

Can all of these defects and issues really be forgiven? Wrong shocks, and some crappy build quality to salt the wound

Last edited:
The XTR comes as a roller and is not available as a RTR vehicle. Did you get electronics installed from the factory in your Kronos? If it came with electronics installed, you got a Kronos XP, not a Kronos XTR. Regardless, of whether or not it is an XTR, the diffs and shocks shouldn't be leaking out of the box.

If you had issues with the shocks out of the box, why didn't you submit a warranty claim when you first noticed the issue before you tore things down? Once you tear things down you may have voided the warranty. Even if you didn't void it, having the warranty period expire is your own fault.

I own two Corally vehicles (a Radix6 and a Muraco), and I haven't had a single issue with either of them: no leaks, no malformed wheels, nothing. The quality on my Corally vehicles surpasses that on my Arrma Kraton 6s: the diffs and shocks were filled properly on the Corallys, unlike those on my Kraton.

One more thing: according to RChobbyexplosion.com, the part number you provided for the XTR shock pistons is for Team Corally Shock Piston Heavy Duty 4mm Set - Sketer 4S MT, C-00180-768. These are NOT for an XTR.

Last edited:
When Corally first joined the basher game, we were hoping they would compete with arrma. It turns out they do compete with arrma, but only in the lack of QC. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for your loss, but it kind of seems like your own fault for not returning or warranty claiming in the first 30 days. I don't know the story behind why you didn't file a claim in the first 30 days, but if TC messed up, they should send you the parts (within reason).

When Corally first joined the basher game, we were hoping they would compete with arrma. It turns out they do compete with arrma, but only in the lack of QC. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for your loss, but it kind of seems like your own fault for not returning or warranty claiming in the first 30 days. I don't know the story behind why you didn't file a claim in the first 30 days, but if TC messed up, they should send you the parts (within reason).
Right? There are tons of threads on here about people with issues like this.

Already posted this on Corally forum. I need to spread this information to anyone looking into this company.

I was delivered a Kronos XTR 2022 version early March.

Where did you buy the car from?

Am I the only one who thinks this nut does not look like one that was removed one time to investigate this issue on a month old rig?

View attachment 293543
Does look like it's been wrenched on more than twice.
Also, seems like too many pieces for one shock?

Screenshot_20230417-132119_Hancom Office S Viewer.jpg

This has NOT been my experience with Corally.
Mine either🤷‍♂️
All these rigs come through with occasional defects.. under filled diffs, loose or stripped hardware, ect..
I feel Arrma still has a leg up on TC from at least a durability perspective, quality? Not so much, they're close in that regard IMO.
I had issues with premature wear on my 21 xtr drive/input cups. They are the same as the rtr models, they wear rather quickly. The 22 xtr and sketer came with the spring steel cups..
Corally warranted all my cups with the upgraded parts FOC. At 6 months old.. I consider that very reasonable considering that drive cups are indeed a consumable part.

Last edited:
I bet it is worse on the corally forum.
Not really: that forum is not very active. But for those of us who are on both the Arrma and Corally forums, we don't see as many issues with Corally vehicles as we do for Arrma vehicles. On my two Corally vehicles, I haven't had a single quality control issue. I did a thorough inspection right after I got them, and the fasteners were tight, the diffs were filled properly, and the spur gear mesh was close to perfect, unlike my Kraton 6s. I haven't cracked open the shocks as they seem to be working well.

I bet it is worse on the corally forum.
Nope.
Not really: that forum is not very active. But for those of us who are on both the Arrma and Corally forums, we don't see as many issues with Corally vehicles as we do for Arrma vehicles. On my two Corally vehicles, I haven't had a single quality control issue. I did a thorough inspection right after I got them, and the fasteners were tight, the diffs were filled properly, and the spur gear mesh was close to perfect, unlike my Kraton 6s. I haven't cracked open the shocks as they seem to be working well.
This^

didn't have any trouble with my kronos xtr 2022. stripped it a few months ago for a full service and clean the car is really well built

didn't have any trouble with my kronos xtr 2022. stripped it a few months ago for a full service and clean the car is really well built
Same here, well except the complete teardown.. I did that last year when TC gave me the swiss upgrade drive cups under warranty (at 6 months old). It is well built I think. The plastic parts are really the only problems for me. They are weaker than Arrma's plastics IMO.
I run stock power in most everything, more track oriented than bashing.. I would buy TC again.

Same here, well except the complete teardown.. I did that last year when TC gave me the swiss upgrade drive cups under warranty (at 6 months old). It is well built I think. The plastic parts are really the only problems for me. They are weaker than Arrma's plastics IMO.
I run stock power in most everything, more track oriented than bashing.. I would buy TC again.
not even had any trouble with the plastics had to change the turnbuckles on the front and rear for the plastic ones and its been fine since. also put titanium shock standoffs on cause I broke two of those. I would buy another team corally for sure

^^^
+!
Was my first impression also....
then I thought maybe, just maybe, he did get someone elses returned rig , repackaged and sold to him? What it looks like.
Unless he knows more than he is telling.:unsure:
Team Corally is a "stretched name" for a Basher type RC company. Deceiving. These are not "Team" Raced" rigs at all. Not even close. They just have the quick appearance they are, along with the Company's "Racy" name.:rolleyes:
Seems most have luck with them on the whole however, as basher brands go.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back