Kraton Kraton v5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwashb7145

Reaction score
Just wanted to show off my recent build.

V5 Kraton
Stock esc and motor with 16t pinion
Powerhobby 729mbl servo w/exb mount and hr horn
M2C chassis, towers, hinge pins and rear tower brace
Basherqueen bulkheads, wing mount bolts drilled and tapped to 4mm (thanks Kimberly)
Exb diffs front and rear
Hot racing battery tray
Amazon center diff/roll cage mount
Rpm hd wing mount
Hr front hubs, power hobby rear
Backflip lps
EFC82D24-1D42-41C0-8D04-0BCD8641B8C2.jpeg
96765A94-C6A3-4DD9-BA64-0D1F8CD32813.jpeg
DDFB94BE-5C4A-4E06-BBA0-393C583A47F3.jpeg

Looks beast mode!

Just a heads up, even with that fan… if you run 6s and full battery packs through that rig with stock motor and esc @16T , you’re gonna fry that thing pretty quick. Even stock, with a 15T (not all the extra M2C weight) would still burn up pretty quick.

Just trying to save you some headache.

Sick looking rig tho! Love the parts.

Love the build those motors hold up decently I’ve had a 17t on a kraton with a fan and heatsink and it was 265 degrees and I ran that for about six months without an issues so use it at your own risk. Happy bashing.😜

Looks beast mode!

Just a heads up, even with that fan… if you run 6s and full battery packs through that rig with stock motor and esc @16T , you’re gonna fry that thing pretty quick. Even stock, with a 15T (not all the extra M2C weight) would still burn up pretty quick.

Just trying to save you some headache.

Sick looking rig tho! Love the parts.
Thanks man. I have run it with the 16t, although not in above 60° ambient temps. Have you found that to be that case above a certain temp?

Thanks man. I have run it with the 16t, although not in above 60° ambient temps. Have you found that to be that case above a certain temp?
i live in Washington, so temps don’t get too outta control here. I wanna say last time I ran a factory system with a 14T (outcast) it overheated within minutes .. maybe 5 or less and that motor was COOKIN! Think I remember the temps in the 200’s somewhere 😂🤣..

This is of course, with my heavy left finger. I like the throttle and love to go bawls out. Perhaps if someone was just putting around (or maybe just using 4S) it would be all good… you know what 🤔 now that I think about it I might suggest doing just that, check the beast out on 4S … sometimes with the right gearing it’s just what the doctor ordered 👌🏻👌🏻

I know with my MT410 that has a xr8 plus combo (1900kv) I prefer it on 4s and a 17t pinion.. it’s beef caked out m2cified to the max so she’s a heavy girl, probably similar to your Kraton.. Kraton probably a couple pounds heavier but it’s in the ball park.

Try 4s… see how she does. I break less stuff on 4s and if geared properly it can be just as “fast” or torquey as a 6s .. just less top end. (There’s where the break less stuff comes in 😂🤣) also, the lighter 4s packs means less weight as well.

All opinions I’m sure some will say I’m nuts 🤪

Happy bashing 😎👊🏻

Just wanted to show off my recent build.

V5 Kraton
Stock esc and motor with 16t pinion
Powerhobby 729mbl servo w/exb mount and hr horn
M2C chassis, towers, hinge pins and rear tower brace
Basherqueen bulkheads, wing mount bolts drilled and tapped to 4mm (thanks Kimberly)
Exb diffs front and rear
Hot racing battery tray
Amazon center diff/roll cage mount
Rpm hd wing mount
Hr front hubs, power hobby rear
Backflip lps
View attachment 290987View attachment 290988View attachment 290989
lovely that:)

i live in Washington, so temps don’t get too outta control here. I wanna say last time I ran a factory system with a 14T (outcast) it overheated within minutes .. maybe 5 or less and that motor was COOKIN! Think I remember the temps in the 200’s somewhere 😂🤣..

This is of course, with my heavy left finger. I like the throttle and love to go bawls out. Perhaps if someone was just putting around (or maybe just using 4S) it would be all good… you know what 🤔 now that I think about it I might suggest doing just that, check the beast out on 4S … sometimes with the right gearing it’s just what the doctor ordered 👌🏻👌🏻

I know with my MT410 that has a xr8 plus combo (1900kv) I prefer it on 4s and a 17t pinion.. it’s beef caked out m2cified to the max so she’s a heavy girl, probably similar to your Kraton.. Kraton probably a couple pounds heavier but it’s in the ball park.

Try 4s… see how she does. I break less stuff on 4s and if geared properly it can be just as “fast” or torquey as a 6s .. just less top end. (There’s where the break less stuff comes in 😂🤣) also, the lighter 4s packs means less weight as well.

Happy bashing 😎👊🏻
Intentionally lowering the power goes against my morals 😂 next time I take it out I’ll make sure to watch the temps. I’ll update the thread. Btw I live in Washington as well!

Happy bashing 😎👊🏻
Don't be scared....EMBRACE THE POWER OF THE 6S SIDE...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back