Kraton Kraton 6S Mud Guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Granite Mega
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon Mega
Been collecting parts for my K6 V5 build. Almost there. I've searched here and on-line. Are mud guards on the rear A-arms worth it? If so, what do you recommend? Everything I've found is meant for RPM arms or from China.

I do have a set of used RPM lower arms but, they are very warped. Could a guy boil them and straighten them? Would the mud guards help keep them straight? Lots of questions.

Been collecting parts for my K6 V5 build. Almost there. I've searched here and on-line. Are mud guards on the rear A-arms worth it? If so, what do you recommend? Everything I've found is meant for RPM arms or from China.

I do have a set of used RPM lower arms but, they are very warped. Could a guy boil them and straighten them? Would the mud guards help keep them straight? Lots of questions.
I do believe that M2C Racing offers mud deflectors. Pricey carbon fiber though.

Yes they are worth it imho cleaning mud out of your shocks and the rear suspension sucks. The mud guards do a very good job and keeping that area clean. I'm not a fan of the Rpm a arms so I just made my own mud guards for the V5.

1712630456544.jpeg

Here is one guy making them for the V5 https://www.phase1rc.com/p/mudguard...coQPIC4SD5ldBt7eUTJ4f7A8RtuZnY2QRmizNKSK1FjMg

there’s a member here that prints and sells them. Don’t remember his name though.

But, from Poland.

You may be right. Sure looks like it. Unfortunately I have to sign into social media sites I want no part of to message the seller. What a world. I ordered a set. See what happens. Thanks.

Campsites are carbonfiber nylon also and plenty strong

That's also where I got my fan stacks

17126337818271728815343328478367.jpg

Many members also make their own out of recycled plastics, lexan, etc.

If you get 3d printed ones be sure it's not PLA material. TPU or Nylon would seem like a much better choice for mud guards.

Those are too hard and brittle, I went through 2 sets pretty quickly throwing gravel at them. I believe they did save an arm or end link one time however from taking the impact so that's something to consider structurally.
1712669976077.png

ADU racing offers a nylon wide arm guard, these are similar to the arrma typhon's in terms of durability and thickness.

https://us.redbrain.shop/redirect/r...70d2a2e52b1fd2c42f4&utm_term=4587368673352619

Last edited:
You can make your own easy out of Kydex which is impact resistant.
You can cut it with easily and sand the edges to your own shape.
It bends easy with heat and can be drilled without cracking.
Kydex is the black stuff in the chassis compared to CF mud guards on the arms. View attachment 359840

Forgot about Kydex. Haven't messed with it. But, it's definitely an option. Thank you.

Those are too hard and brittle, I went through 2 sets pretty quickly throwing gravel at them. I believe they did save an arm or end link one time however from taking the impact so that's something to consider structurally.
View attachment 359856

ADU racing offers a nylon wide arm guard, these are similar to the arrma typhon's in terms of durability and thickness.

https://us.redbrain.shop/redirect/r...70d2a2e52b1fd2c42f4&utm_term=4587368673352619
Good to know. Heard a lot of good things about ADU. Had a real hard time trying to find their stuff. Tried ordering some of their shock towers. I refuse to deal with any seller that won't take Paypal. That should be a red flag for anyone. Saved this seller and may go that route if this other one doesn't work out. Thanks.

Some of these sellers are shady. Tried ordering an EXB front bumper. Apparently they are out of stock everywhere. This seller said he had 3. Luckily it was on Amazon. After 10 days of no resonse or tracking number, I filed a complaint. Money returned.

Back