Grom I had to get another one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I figured since I totally modified my speed grom and never played around with it stock ,I had to get one. My speed grom broke good yesterday, won't be fixed for a week, have to order some parts and a motor, but it's the price you pay for going fast,so far 91 mph.

20240427_110913.jpg

20240427_110930.jpg

I gotta ask....what exactly does Grom even mean and why exactly did the scale size trend reverse back to smaller? Seriously, everytime I hear or see Grom I picture Orcs approaching Helms Deep with the mother of all battering rams..........

I gotta ask....what exactly does Grom even mean and why exactly did the scale size trend reverse back to smaller? Seriously, everytime I hear or see Grom I picture Orcs approaching Helms Deep with the mother of all battering rams..........
We need an Arrma Nazgûl.🤣

When you go big ,for me it's hard to go small.🤷 I love 1/7 and larger if I want to play with something small I can always use my son's hot wheel cars🤣

See, I always understood the concept when applied to crawlers. I'm almost always carrying mine out after a mishap. Doesn't sound like much but you try carrying an overweight scx10.iii for an hour or more... lol

See, I always understood the concept when applied to crawlers. I'm almost always carrying mine out after a mishap. Doesn't sound like much but you try carrying an overweight scx10.iii for an hour or more... lol
Sounds like you need to improvise .maybey get a big enough back pack to carry that big rig instead carrying it ..or a push cart .🤔🤷

Sounds like you need to improvise .maybey get a big enough back pack to carry that big rig instead carrying it ..or a push cart .🤔🤷
Lol. I did. Backpack with drawcords that get wrapped around the axles by all 4 tires. But again, walk an hour or more with a backpack that was heavy enough to begin with but now you added 20 pounds. After doing that I understand why many women downsize the puppies when they get older

I figured since I totally modified my speed grom and never played around with it stock ,I had to get one. My speed grom broke good yesterday, won't be fixed for a week, have to order some parts and a motor, but it's the price you pay for going fast,so far 91 mph.

View attachment 363305

View attachment 363306

View attachment 363305

View attachment 363306

you gotta post the video of your pass and crash! I didnt think mine would break 60. 91 is crazy fast.. you sure its not kph?

a

Lol. I did. Backpack with drawcords that get wrapped around the axles by all 4 tires. But again, walk an hour or more with a backpack that was heavy enough to begin with but now you added 20 pounds. After doing that I understand why many women downsize the puppies when they get older
Yeah one hour carrying a heavy Rc even in a back pack can put a toll on ya. I say rent a mule or a donkey and throw that heavy Rc on it's back 🤣🤣

you gotta post the video of your pass and crash! I didnt think mine would break 60. 91 is crazy fast.. you sure its not kph?

a
I don't take videos of all my runs,I just do it for my enjoyment, but look on the speed run thread and you will see an 84 mph run not kph video that was done over a week ago,the next day I hit 87 mph,last Thursday 91 mph.

91 with a GROM! crazy man. Those Castle Micro Xs are no joke.
Yeah, those little motors are awesome, I crashed yesterday because pin broke in center shaft and went between pinion and spur gears causing it to bend the motor shaft,too much power, lol, new combo will be here Wednesday then back in business, hopefully hit 100 next weekend

View attachment 363305

View attachment 363306
do the diffs hold up to brushless power? if so I would get a grom don't understand why they don't come brushless anyway. or at leased do a brushless version.

Back