Hota D6+ Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you send a picture of your setup?

Only seen this happen to when I didn't have the balance wires connected correctly.

Ignore the display on voltage when nothing is connected, no need to wait. As soon as you connect a battery it should display that voltage right away.

Edit: Make sure that you have both balance connector and main leads plugged in and that they are in correct orientation (mainly balance plugs as main leads are straight forward)

Last edited:
Hi jkflow, thanks for getting back to me, I have put a video up on YouTube Look under Dingsvids . My wires are fine as it works perfectly on channel 2, I can charge, balance store do it all ok. Perhaps I am missing something, I have tried all my cables with the same results. see what you think of the video (y) cheers Craig.

Attachments

• 20200627_185859.jpg
    20200627_185859.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 203
  • 20200627_190011.jpg
    20200627_190011.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200627_190017.jpg
    20200627_190017.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 170
Yes, that helped a lot. No, you are not doing anything wrong. Sorry to say that your charger is bad.

With all the self-tests etc it looks like there is something incorrect in the path of the main leads.
I never looked inside one of these but my guess is that there is a bad sense line or bad parts internally.

I do get the same error when my main power leads are not connected. The voltage drops about equally on my charger when I disconnect.

FYI, you do not have to select the cell count, that is done automatically when you connect the balance plug. I doublecheck but only adjust if I have a 1S battery.

I'd exchange and good luck with banggood!
If returning is too much off a hassle and you are familiar with electronics you might want to open it up and take a peek. Work from the connector back, if there is nothing obvious you can't do much without a schematic. Don't do this if you are planning on returning this one. My guess it's a cold solderjoint on a part or wire.

Exchange!!!! I wish its Bangood after all lol.

Thanks for your help By the way. You put my mind at rest, I like the charger well the half that works lol.
I have contacted Hota directly and they came back today asking for a bit more info, hence doing the video. We will see what comes of it I will keep you informed.

If I have no luck I will pull it apart and see whats what inside, but I will try and return it.

Again thanks for your help

Craig.

Sry if hijacking topic but got a problem with my hota D6+ too.

Got to test my hota first time today. My ch1 seems to not work. Says operation not allowed or something like that.

Started testing: balance lead only shows right voltage... Main lead alone: nothing

My xt60 adapters seems to be low quality, but ch2 showed voltage. (My "proper" xt60 cable was cross connected.. + where - should be on xt60 connector). Was horrible with all these adaper and connectors definetly need to get better ones.

No worries Bruman, Where did you purchase yours from?. I'm now in talks with Bangood and arguing the case, as always they came back with a stupid offer of £45, to resolve the problem, No i want a new one or a full credit.. Idiots.
So on we go I won last time and got a full refund on a Bench drill that I never received.

I stripped mine down Don't do this if its under warranty, Mine is under warrenty still but I'm ok with electronics although I cant find a fault so its in the PCB, all caps are good, wiring is good so its back together now and looks untouched lol. If I get a replacement I will strip it fully and run more tests on it.
So its a manufacturing fault so does not fill me with confidence TBH.

I watched a video on a Hobbymate one being stripped and it has a Meanwell Power supply and they are good, unfortunately mine has a cheap knock off in it so say no more...
Build quality is good wiring is good and the boards look good well for the money it is, shame they are clearly not tested when leaving the factory.

I have a YouTube video done look under Dingsvids see if its the same fault as yours Bruman.. I will update you on any progress I have with mine.

No worries Bruman, Where did you purchase yours from?. I'm now in talks with Bangood and arguing the case, as always they came back with a stupid offer of £45, to resolve the problem, No i want a new one or a full credit.. Idiots.
So on we go I won last time and got a full refund on a Bench drill that I never received.

I stripped mine down Don't do this if its under warranty, Mine is under warrenty still but I'm ok with electronics although I cant find a fault so its in the PCB, all caps are good, wiring is good so its back together now and looks untouched lol. If I get a replacement I will strip it fully and run more tests on it.
So its a manufacturing fault so does not fill me with confidence TBH.

I watched a video on a Hobbymate one being stripped and it has a Meanwell Power supply and they are good, unfortunately mine has a cheap knock off in it so say no more...
Build quality is good wiring is good and the boards look good well for the money it is, shame they are clearly not tested when leaving the factory.

I have a YouTube video done look under Dingsvids see if its the same fault as yours Bruman.. I will update you on any progress I have with mine.

Yup mine is from banggood too D6+.. does your chanel 2 show voltage with only xt60 plugged in? But not in ch1 like mine?

H all, right help please. Just got my Hota D6-Pro and not having much luck with Channel 1, Channel 2 charges and balances fine. All I get on channel 1 is -Current operation is not supported in a yellow screen. Both channel 1+2 are mirrored and I have used the same leads on both sides to be sure. I tried a factory reset, I have run the test in the menu, the only strange thing is when I return to the main screen after a system self-chcking channel 1 takes up to 20 seconds to return to 0.00v where as channel 2 returnes to 0 in no time. Its from Bangood and they are not replying to my Emails Grrrrr. Any Ideas You amazing Peeps ...
Yup mine is from banggood too D6+.. does your chanel 2 show voltage with only xt60 plugged in? But not in ch1 like mine?
My ch1 works fine and shows everything ti you press start to charge, then it say - Current operation is not supported .. and wont charge.

My ch1 works fine and shows everything ti you press start to charge, then it say - Current operation is not supported .. and wont charge.
Mine says the same, but wont show voltage with xt60 (until i connect balance lead).. seems somewhat the same problem

Edit: on your video it does not show voltage on ch1 before you connect balance lead.

Sounds like the same type problem just a different channel. Voltage should show up as soon as you connect.
Some googling later my results are:
Might be a fuse on the charger board?
Obviusly should work new so need to start writing to banggood too

My ch1 works fine and shows everything to you press start to charge, then it say - Current operation is not supported .. and wont charge.
ok so when I have my screen on standby split screen, And plug in the xt60 on ch1 I get no V reading. When I plug in the Balance lead I get a reading. So its dead on the Xt60, I will pull it apart when I get a replacement or credit and test the fuses. (y)

Last edited:
Hi all, right help please. Just got my Hota D6-Pro and not having much luck with Channel 1, Channel 2 charges and balances fine. All I get on channel 1 is -Current operation is not supported in a yellow screen. Both channel 1+2 are mirrored and I have used the same leads on both sides to be sure. I tried a factory reset, I have run the test in the menu, the only strange thing is when I return to the main screen after a system self-chcking channel 1 takes up to 20 seconds to return to 0.00v where as channel 2 returnes to 0 in no time. Its from Bangood and they are not replying to my Emails Grrrrr. Any Ideas You amazing Peeps ...

Hi all, right help please. Just got my Hota D6-Pro and not having much luck with Channel 1, Channel 2 charges and balances fine. All I get on channel 1 is -Current operation is not supported in a yellow screen. Both channel 1+2 are mirrored and I have used the same leads on both sides to be sure. I tried a factory reset, I have run the test in the menu, the only strange thing is when I return to the main screen after a system self-chcking channel 1 takes up to 20 seconds to return to 0.00v where as channel 2 returnes to 0 in no time. Its from Bangood and they are not replying to my Emails Grrrrr. Any Ideas You amazing Peeps ...
ok so when I have my screen on standby split screen, And plug in the xt60 on ch1 I get no V reading. When I plug in the Balance lead I get a reading. So its dead on the Xt60, I will pull it apart when I get a replacement or credit and test the fuses. (y)
So the latest, Bangood have said they would Credit Me £98 so happy days, Never easy with them..

So I stripped the Charger right down and tested all that can be tested, I removed the heat sink to find more components, and Boom found a fuse had gone. Why/How who knows? could be a number of reasons....
So found some fuses and ordered them, when they arrive I will solder and test, I am doing a video and will place it up on Youtube for you all.
I will let you know when its up Peeps Keep safe and Bash hard (y)

Last edited:
Interesting. Any chance you connected polarity wrong at any point in time?

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. You could bridge the fuse with a wire in the meantime. I'd give it a trial run prior connecting a big lipo though.
Definitely replace the fuse! Just saying, for science sake and such.

Glad you got your money back.

Interesting. Any chance you connected polarity wrong at any point in time?

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. You could bridge the fuse with a wire in the meantime. I'd give it a trial run prior connecting a big lipo though.
Definitely replace the fuse! Just saying, for science sake and such.

Glad you got your money back.
jkflow I wish, that would make sense if I had. I used the same leads on both sides, so it would have blown both. I used a 12amp Quick blow fuse wire from a glass fuse, so it was under the 14amp so safe as can be, it Tested fine. So new fuses on order From Furnells .

So here is my YouTube Video on the fix,
It works fine now but if it happens again I will change the Pcb fuses for car ones and adapt them to the side of the Charger. A video for another day.

I got my full refund from Bangood so happy days.

Yes, done that many times.
Make sure you have a lipo alarm connected to the lipo powering the charger in case the charger doesn't provide that functionality.

1. Balancing only balances the cells at whatever level they are and until they are done, no timer needed. There is a safety timer limit but not shown.
No, I never use the balancing function, useless imho. Storage and normal charge will balance the cells anyway.

2. 99% of my use is on AC. I use a DIY supply, but you would need some electrical experience for wiring.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0786LMNR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hello I need ur help I just purchased the d6 plus and its in Asian language I need to find out how to put it in English please

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back