Here is a true test of Arrma Forum allegiance…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sore! I’m home now, and I guess I shouldn’t complain. I got the new style of knee installed yesterday, two bones cut off and mounting cups hammered into them, joint put in, sewed back up, and I’m actually walking around. Amazing. I’m avoiding stairs at the moment, but if I keep improving at this rate I don’t think it will be long at all. Most of the pain is coming from the incision stretching and the soft tissue. The joint itself is surprisingly good. It was “robot assisted” surgery. I got a CT scan before the surgery with a measuring device strapped to my leg, and that showed the exact places for the robotic arm to saw through my bones. And godammit, as I type this I realized I forgot to ask for the old knee joint! I wanted to keep it in a jar. I guess they come out in one piece, as the bones are cut through on the top and bottom of the joint.
Glad to hear it went well! Sounds like a success with great technology & smooth sailing from here.

Thanks, and agreed! It’s going to be nice to not be hobbling around anymore. I’m looking forward to skiing again, I haven’t been able to go for a couple years.

Sore! I’m home now, and I guess I shouldn’t complain. I got the new style of knee installed yesterday, two bones cut off and mounting cups hammered into them, joint put in, sewed back up, and I’m actually walking around. Amazing. I’m avoiding stairs at the moment, but if I keep improving at this rate I don’t think it will be long at all. Most of the pain is coming from the incision stretching and the soft tissue.

The joint itself is surprisingly good. It was “robot assisted” surgery. I got a CT scan before the surgery with a measuring device strapped to my leg, and that showed the exact places for the robotic arm to saw through my bones. And godammit, as I type this I realized I forgot to ask for the old knee joint! I wanted to keep it in a jar. I guess they come out in one piece, as the bones are cut through on the top and bottom of the joint.

Sounds like you were Robocop-ped

1712885926016.png

Sore! I’m home now, and I guess I shouldn’t complain. I got the new style of knee installed yesterday, two bones cut off and mounting cups hammered into them, joint put in, sewed back up, and I’m actually walking around. Amazing. I’m avoiding stairs at the moment, but if I keep improving at this rate I don’t think it will be long at all. Most of the pain is coming from the incision stretching and the soft tissue. The joint itself is surprisingly good. It was “robot assisted” surgery. I got a CT scan before the surgery with a measuring device strapped to my leg, and that showed the exact places for the robotic arm to saw through my bones. And godammit, as I type this I realized I forgot to ask for the old knee joint! I wanted to keep it in a jar. I guess they come out in one piece, as the bones are cut through on the top and bottom of the joint.
I know a couple of people that have had that surgery. It's amazing how quick the recovery time is.

IKR?!? It really is getting crazy what they can do these days. That whole procedure was only a little over an hour, start to finish.

Next thing you know they will offer New Full Body Enhancements..
And you can get it done in just 10 hours >>>

1712888469748.png

+ Extras, like-
Grappling hook, Arm Rockets, Cyclops Eye Laser, and Jetpacks..

View attachment 360419

+ Extras, like-
Do you think m2c will have any offerings?🤔

Gladd your ok and back home ..as you were describing what the robot did, I cringed and my shizzzz nits hurt for a second thinking about bones getting 🪚 off. YOU ARE LIKE ARRMA..BUILT TOUGH 👊

Gladd your ok and back home ..as you were describing what the robot did, I cringed and my shizzzz nits hurt for a second thinking about bones getting 🪚 off. YOU ARE LIKE ARRMA..BUILT TOUGH 👊

Trusting.. a robot (running Microsoft code) with a Bone Saw...
THAT was tough for me to wrap my brain around..

The mental image of that procedure gave me the eeby geebies...

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Jim Carrey Omg GIF
I know right👍

Jim Carrey Omg GIF
My shizzzz nits still hurt😬 .like what if china decides to hack micro soft while the robot is 🪚 😬

Last edited:

View attachment 360419

+ Extras, like-
Don’t forget the laser sword!

Ok, off to surgery tomorrow morning at 6:30. Total knee replacement. My left one was replaced about 10 years ago and had enjoyed around 6 surgeries after multiple injuries including traction for 2 months back in the day (1980’s) after an accident. It was all kinds of f’cked, so the replacement was pretty much expected. This one, my right knee, is because of bone spurs that resemble stalagmites on the CT scan. Well, ok then! Dude, I’m in my 50’s! Whatever, I can barely walk, so I’m looking forward to a new one. 👍. Let’s see how long I stay away from this place. 😊
Love you guys. See you in a few.
Hope your healing well

Glad to hear it went well. 1 hour? Sounds like you got the express lane. 🤣
Amazing how fast some of these things are done now!

That's unbelievably Fast actually!
More like a surgical speed run -for having cut through a femur and tibia then fusing a large titanium hinge joint** into them.
And, he's up and walking about the next day.. that's just incredible.

So, I'm guessing Dan will be setting off metal detectors at court houses and airports each time he goes thru the security gate..
🚨👮‍♀️

**Would have been extremely cool if that titanium joint was manufactured by Scorched. 🤣

Back