Kraton HELP! Radio link RC6GS v3 Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennie 8s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I’m trying to set up my Kraton 8s so that I have to hold the small silver button in to go in Reverse. I’d like to disable it from its current way (when you use the brake twice it goes into reverse, as normal) I’d like to pull the trigger, same as forward but reverse when holding the silver button. Can this be done? Can I set it up at all so reverse only works when I’m holding the button? Thanks for your help guys!

Bro you got this posted on atleast 3 different sections of the forum
I saw that too.
But if he’s watching this particular thread then his answer is No. You can’t. The programming is for a double tap on “brake” to get reverse. That’s why you don’t burst into reverse when you hit the throttle trigger forward while running. Your ESC, spur gear, pinion gear, and differentials will thank you later.
Why would you want to do this? Drifting? If so, buy an Infraction and be one of the few who seek to master the hand brake in their bashing endeavors. Or just use your K8 for bashing, as intended? Or maybe I just don’t fully understand the question. That right there is one of those gosh danged possibilities.

I saw that too.
But if he’s watching this particular thread then his answer is No. You can’t. The programming is for a double tap on “brake” to get reverse. That’s why you don’t burst into reverse when you hit the throttle trigger forward while running. Your ESC, spur gear, pinion gear, and differentials will thank you later.
Why would you want to do this? Drifting? If so, buy an Infraction and be one of the few who seek to master the hand brake in their bashing endeavors. Or just use your K8 for bashing, as intended? Or maybe I just don’t fully understand the question. That right there is one of those gosh danged possibilities.
I keep going into reverse by accident and wanted to prevent it from happening. I thought there may be a way to setup my remote so that reverse only works while i hold the button in. Just a question I had.

I keep going into reverse by accident and wanted to prevent it from happening. I thought there may be a way to setup my remote so that reverse only works while i hold the button in. Just a question I had.
Gotcha, I totally misunderstood the question. I thought you wanted to bypass the trigger and go into reverse instantly at the touch of a button. Which could be really bad for the rig.
Best advice is to just practice your braking, bearing in mind that you’ll only ever hit reverse after a quick double tap. If you have to modulate the brake excessively (and that’s why you’re getting reverse) then perhaps try changing the brake percentage in the RadioLink to get more or less, depending on your scenario.

Gotcha, I totally misunderstood the question. I thought you wanted to bypass the trigger and go into reverse instantly at the touch of a button. Which could be really bad for the rig.
Best advice is to just practice your braking, bearing in mind that you’ll only ever hit reverse after a quick double tap. If you have to modulate the brake excessively (and that’s why you’re getting reverse) then perhaps try changing the brake percentage in the RadioLink to get more or less, depending on your scenario.
Thank you will do. Turn It down on the remote

Last edited:
Back