Kraton Help building a better kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcLord510

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hi guys, after having the kraton for 2 ish years, it’s got maybe an hour on it, it just keeps breaking stuff, so im trying to put a list together of stuff to get for it, but wanted some input from you guys

Right now i want to get new wheels and tires(not sure which ones yet), new body, fan for motor(running a 4985 hobbywing motor so not sure which heatsink to get) rpm a arms, fast Eddie bearing kit, and, that’s all I can think of, im trying to stay around $300, and bulletproof my Kraton, any other parts you guys recommend?

Hi guys, after having the kraton for 2 ish years, it’s got maybe an hour on it, it just keeps breaking stuff, so im trying to put a list together of stuff to get for it, but wanted some input from you guys

Right now i want to get new wheels and tires(not sure which ones yet), new body, fan for motor(running a 4985 hobbywing motor so not sure which heatsink to get) rpm a arms, fast Eddie bearing kit, and, that’s all I can think of, im trying to stay around $300, and bulletproof my Kraton, any other parts you guys recommend?

Let's be honest here.. is it the car or the Driver that's breaking stuffs?

Keep it simple.

Check out JennysRC.com for stock arms and parts for Cheap.

You can go down a tooth or two on the pinion to keep the heat way down on the motor. A lot easier and doesn't add extra weight (like you would if you try to "bullet proof" the chassis.)

If you love to Bash it Hard ,it be better to just buy in Bulk some standard parts for a lot less $$.

You broke wheels and tires in an hour? RPM arms will resist breaking, cvds and shock shafts will suffer by bending or breaking from the flexible arms I think. Maybe forego the upgrades and replace what's broke with stock as they're typically the cheapest parts. Then get some more driving experience before breaking the expensive stuff if that makes sense?

Let's be honest here.. is it the car or the Driver that's breaking stuffs?

Keep it simple.

Check out JennysRC.com for stock arms and parts for Cheap.

You can go down a tooth or two on the pinion to keep the heat way down on the motor. A lot easier and doesn't add extra weight (like you would if you try to "bullet proof" the chassis.)

If you love to Bash it Hard ,it be better to just buy in Bulk some standard parts for a lot less $$.
I have about 15 rcs, 7 electrics and 8 nitros, and they break parts rarely, this is the first car I’ve broken so much on in so little time, I’ve broken stuff on literal perfect landings, im starting to think its not me…

Also i really can’t go down a tooth, it really doesn’t have enough power as it is with this pinion, so id rather just get a better cooling setup,

trust me jd be the first to judge myself for poopy driving, and I’m not the best driver, but it has just broken so much, i want to go all out for it, better cvds better diff cases fans body wheels and tires bearing kit and maybe some shock upgrades, that’s what I hope to get answers for, I know I’m not the best driver but im far from the first person to have this problem of it constantly breaking stuff, but I know these have major potential so I want to get as much performance as possible out of it
You broke wheels and tires in an hour? RPM arms will resist breaking, cvds and shock shafts will suffer by bending or breaking from the flexible arms I think. Maybe forego the upgrades and replace what's broke with stock as they're typically the cheapest parts. Then get some more driving experience before breaking the expensive stuff if that makes sense?

This is far from my first rc, as I said in the other reply im at 15 i think now, and they all rarely break, it’s only been this truck. So id like to upgrade it just so I can have fun with it, again any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Sell it and buy a v6 EXB. Where you at in Wisco?
South east, and I didnt even know they had a v6 yet, but yeah I guess they do, however I’m not thrilled about spending $800 on this one just to sell it for 400 and buy another $600 car… although the v6 does look pretty good

Last edited:
I have about 15 rcs, 7 electrics and 8 nitros, and they break parts rarely, this is the first car I’ve broken so much on in so little time, I’ve broken stuff on literal perfect landings, im starting to think its not me…

Also i really can’t go down a tooth, it really doesn’t have enough power as it is with this pinion, so id rather just get a better cooling setup,

trust me jd be the first to judge myself for poopy driving, and I’m not the best driver, but it has just broken so much, i want to go all out for it, better cvds better diff cases fans body wheels and tires bearing kit and maybe some shock upgrades, that’s what I hope to get answers for, I know I’m not the best driver but im far from the first person to have this problem of it constantly breaking stuff, but I know these have major potential so I want to get as much performance as possible out of it

This is far from my first rc, as I said in the other reply im at 15 i think now, and they all rarely break, it’s only been this truck. So id like to upgrade it just so I can have fun with it, again any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

South east, and I didnt even know they had a v6 yet, but yeah I guess they do, however I’m not thrilled about spending $800 on this one just to sell it for 400 and buy another $600 car… although the v6 does look pretty good
Well, you're in the minority as far as I'm concerned to be constantly breaking parts. So, what brand are these rc's that rarely break? If you say TRX, I'll $hit myself from laughing!!

Just curious what are you breaking? The forum is no stranger to breaking things but I bet the A-team can help you out with upgrade idea's and fixes for known weaknesses if we knew what broke.

(y)

As for tires, the 6S backflips are a favorite, they are probably one of the best RTR tire around. Heatsink and fan, people seem to gravitate towards the fan motor bracket (not a full heatsink) with some high speed rocket (or rocket equivalent) fans. I have one of these and wow.. Sound like a rocket https://www.amazon.com/NHX-Cyclone-Cooling-Cover-Heatsink/dp/B08WHBDDW9

Bearings, I have mostly used Jim's Bearings but lots of people have used and been happy with Fast Eddies and TRB as well.

Hope that helps, sounds like you are not having the best luck with your K6S, they are usually very durable.

Last edited:
Well, you're in the minority as far as I'm concerned to be constantly breaking parts. So, what brand are these rc's that rarely break? If you say TRX, I'll $hit myself from laughing!!
Nooo, I only have one traxxas, and it doesn’t break much, but it’s in probably second place to poop that breaks the most. Not to say that Traxxas stuff isn’t tough, but most of it isn’t. My stuff all Losi and hpi stuff, and teckno, those are all bulletproof in my experience, I’ve broken 2 things on my savage? I think? And never broken anything on my 8ight t. And again please instead of not listening to what im saying, please help me with my initial question, im not on here to get made fun of for breaking stuff because my car isn’t tough. That’s not to say all arrmas aren’t, just mine isn’t

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back