Talion Hello there anyone see a problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does it look bent or is it just me??!
Also anyone know which model is this was told v5 not sure had the blx185 in it was absolutely destroyed
It’s the notorious Talion 6s

Cheers

IMG_3260.jpeg

I don't see a bend but hard to tell.

At a minimum it needs a shock stand off in the front.
Looks to be missing the ESC, likely the radio system too.
Thank you for the quick reply yes I have removed the esc it was destroyed on the test run also the shocks screw snapped clean off, the front bumper was hanging off by 1 screw the Front arms came off snapping one of them although you can’t tell from the pic, so I have ordered those parts some bearings done the diffs, came with off the market remote control works ok but looking at the back wheels seems a little leaning right compared to the front?

It's bent but that's the way it's meant to be.

the back tired are always tilted inward from factory which is normal maybe thats why it looks bent. looks good to me.

The rear shock tower is bent. I think the entire rear assembly is cocked a bit to the right just a bit, but it could be the angle the pic is taken.

I see the same, looks like the rear bulkhead has a horizontal twist to it.. if you look at the center brace mounting point it doesn't look parallel to the center brace, looks more like the center brace is heading left..

If it is twisted or bent you will see it dog legging/ crab walking when going straight..

V4 Talion BLX? The chassis looks too skinny in the back for a V5 and the rear shocks seem to mount wide on the a-arms. It might just be the angle of the picture.

The rear shock tower is bent. I think the entire rear assembly is cocked a bit to the right just a bit, but it could be the angle the pic is taken.
Yeah I think it is the shock tower I’ll take it apart and have a proper look thank you for the advice

V4 Talion BLX? The chassis looks too skinny in the back for a V5 and the rear shocks seem to mount wide on the a-arms. It might just be the angle of the picture.
Not too sure tbh

I see the same, looks like the rear bulkhead has a horizontal twist to it.. if you look at the center brace mounting point it doesn't look parallel to the center brace, looks more like the center brace is heading left..

If it is twisted or bent you will see it dog legging/ crab walking when going straight..
That’s exactly what it’s doing the left wheel is easier to lift off the ground seems heavier on the back right stationary, thought it’s because the right shocks are off but it looks a little bent if you go by the centre brace sharp eye you got there sir thank you

Last edited:
How can I tell which version is this like parts wise are all Talions same?

Sorry my mistake it is the v4 yeah just double checked with the guy I got it from my bad

Last edited:
Measure from wheel nut to wheel nut front to rear on each side, and see if there is a discrepancy. Looks like the whole rear is cocked to the side, as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
Anything that will bolt to a V5 will bolt to a V4. The only exception is the rear a-arms. When you deal with your rear shock tower it would be a good time to convert it to a V5, a V5 shock tower plus 2 V5 a-arms.

Anything that will bolt to a V5 will bolt to a V4. The only exception is the rear a-arms. When you deal with your rear shock tower it would be a good time to convert it to a V5, a V5 shock tower plus 2 V5 a-arms.
That’s a good idea I’ll look into it any chance getting parts numbers?

Also do I change front and rear since the rear shock tower is changing so would changing both ends be a good idea arms and all 😊

Last edited:
Rear shock tower ARA320578, rear a-arms ARA330654.
The Talion is discontinued, You may have to substitute a Kraton/Notorious rear shock tower ARA320581. Aftermarket companies like M2C still produce Talion upgrade parts including shock towers.

Back