Granite Granite weak body shell compared to other 4x4 Arrmas ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmuRock

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I noticed that the Granite body is thinner and way more fragile than my other Arrma`s body`s.
After two battery runs i already have cracks in the back of the Granite body, its a mega body though,
could that have something to do with it being more fragile ?

I have two 3s V3 Typhon`s and Two Big Rocks and and none of the bodies on these have any signs of cracking and i don't even know how many runs i have on these.
They're body`s just feel way more solid and thicker made than my blue Granite Mega Body.

One of my Typhon 3s cars have the green mega body and that body does feel as durable as the original Typhon 3S body to me (which i have two of and both are in great condition).

Could there be something to it that the Granite body actually is a weaker body than the rest of the Arrma Mega`s and the 3s lines,
or do i have a Granite body that shouldn't have passed Quality control ?

Any inputs on this topic is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi.
I noticed that the Granite body is thinner and way more fragile than my other Arrma`s body`s.
After two battery runs i already have cracks in the back of the Granite body, its a mega body though,

I have two 3s V3 Typhon`s and Two Big Rocks and and none of the bodies on these have any signs of cracking and i don't even know how many runs i have on these.
They're body`s just feel way more solid and thicker made than my blue Granite Mega Body.

One of my Typhon 3s cars have the green mega body and that body does feel as durable as the original Typhon 3S body to me (which i have two of and both are in great condition).

Could there be something to it that the Granite body actually is a weaker body than the rest of the Arrma Mega`s and the 3s lines,

Thanks.

Not sure if this helps but I think I remember reading that the Mega bodies are not Lexan. But that being said there is a bit of a difference in the quality of the material used in the bodies on the Arrma vehicles. The Outcast and Notorious bodies as an example are much thicker than the body on the Kraton. So that being said I can find it easy to believe that the Granite body is indeed different than the other 3s bodies in thickness.

Hi.
I noticed that the Granite body is thinner and way more fragile than my other Arrmas body`s.

I have two Typhon`s and Two Big Rocks and and none of the bodies on these have any signs of cracking and i don't even know how many runs i have on these.

One of my Thyphon`s have the green mega body and that body does feel as durable as the original Typhon 3S body to me (which i have two of and both are in great condition).

Thanks.

They're just made thinner from the factory..
That's all there is to it.

You could do the fibertape and shoe goo.
Or purchase 3D printed body protectors.

Yeah I always thought it was strange that the big rock is made with one of the strongest bodies i have ever had, but the granite body rips apart if you look at it weird.

They're just made thinner from the factory..
That's all there is to it.

You could do the fibertape and shoe goo.
Or purchase 3D printed body protectors.
Thanks.

Its a strange call from Arrma since Granite is the type of car that probably excels the most of the Arrma 3s cars at doing acrobatic jumps(IMO) which pretty much require a good quality body shell.
I have newer heard anywhere in any reviews that the Granite body is thinner and weaker than the rest of the line so i just assumed is was the same quality as my other Arrma 3s cars. I which i had that information before my first Granite runs LOL :D

Thank you for the strengthening suggestions too :D
Is there any kind of fibertape that's better than other fibertape`s for strengthening a Rc body ?

Last edited:
Thanks.

Its a strange call from Arrma since Granite is the type of car that probably excels the most of the 3s cars at doing acrobatic jumps(IMO) which pretty much require a good quality body shell.
I have newer heard anywhere in any reviews that the Granite body is thinner and weaker than the rest of the line so i just assumed is was the same quality as my other Arrma 3s cars. I which i had that information before my first Granite runs LOL :D

Thank you for the strengthening suggestions too :D
Is there any kind of fibertape that's better than other fibertape`s for strengthening a Rc body ?

Its probably because the granite is less stable so a lighter body keeps it from being tipsy?
Who really knows why these companies do the things they do...
From what I know the mega does I deed have a thinner & weaker body though.

Yeah I always thought it was strange that the big rock is made with one of the strongest bodies i have ever had, but the granite body rips apart if you look at it weird.
Its super strange since i think most people buy the Granite for doing fun jumps, its certainly the reason why i bought the Granite.
when i was pulling and bending the Big Rock body vs the Granite body its really night and day how much more strength the Big Rock body have.
Im not seeing my self being able to crack the Big Rock body unless i do it on purpose or a really weird accident happens :)
Its probably because the granite is less stable so a lighter body keeps it from being tipsy?
Who really knows why these companies do the things they do...
From what I know the mega does I deed have a thinner & weaker body though.
The Typhon Mega body is very solid though, im not 100% sure its as durable as the Typhon 3s v3 body but they felt close when i was bending and pulling on them side by side. The Typhon Mega body is way better quality than the Granite mega at least :)

LOL I just came here to do some research on Granite bodies, my 7 year old is ripping mine off the hinges. But my two typhons and vendetta (which has bounced off the wall more than a few times) are fine. I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.

LOL I just came here to do some research on Granite bodies, my 7 year old is ripping mine off the hinges. But my two typhons and vendetta (which has bounced off the wall more than a few times) are fine. I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Oh man LOL i didnt understand what the heck what was happening to my Granite as i believed everything with this car was in the same league as the Typhon and Big Rock.
Its not so strange to believe that either because the Granite isn't any cheaper than the other cars with the stronger body`s, at least not in my country.

Im going to try fibertape and some glue thats in the same ballpark as shoe goo next week. I`ll let you know what i think.
If im not happy i think i will take a look at alternative body`s for the Granite
. Im going to look for pro-line stampede body's if the fibertape strengthening of the Granite isn't enough as i have heard that they are made of thicker material than the Granite at least. many of them should fit the Granite.
48194_Proline_Proline_3518-15_Pre-Cut_Brute_Bash_A_1.jpg
EoSXE_Proline_Pro-Line_1972_Chevy_C-10_Truck_Body__1.jpg
9BGiv_Proline_Pro-line_359100_Body_2021_Ford_Bronc_1.jpg

I googled around today when i learned that the Granite body is unfortunately made weak on purpose. I found three alternatives so far that i might consider
one of them is super strong but also very expansive so its not going to be easy picking the right one.

This is the super strong one and its pre cut and its in white, its about 120$ in my country, Ouch! :
https://www.samirc.no/products/prol...-white-for-pro-mt-4x4-stampede-4x4rustler-4x4

These two looks awesome IMO but they come as blank and im not good at painting so for me it will be one color only :

https://www.samirc.no/products/pro-...ruck-body-tough-color-stone-gray-for-stampede

https://www.samirc.no/products/pro-line-359100-body-2021-ford-bronco-clear-stampede-granite-vorteks

Right now Im leaning towards the 1972 Chevy because the windows are decals so even with limited painting skills i think i can make it look decent ,
and its half the price of the white one.

Im going to drive the granite a lot after strengthening it so if it turns out that i absolutely adores it after doing a lot of jumping i might consider the super strong body. But fingers crossed that the body strengthening is enough so i can save my money for something else :)

Last edited:
According to some who have tested Said Proline Stampede body`s is better than stock Granite body but not by much.
Yeah, that was not what i wanted to hear LOL :D

Anyways, i started working on strengthening the Granite Body.
This glue should be pretty strong and it has flex in it which i think is very important as i don't want to cover the body with something that cracks by it selves , its a bit hard to work with as its a little thick but i really wanted to test it since i have a lot of it laying around.
Its called casco SuperFix+

It takes at least 12 hours before its dried up i think and its late at night here so i`ll figure out more tomorrow.
I didnt want to do the whole car before i know how durable the back feels.

Cheers :)

IMG-0473.jpg
IMG-0472.jpg

I am not totally sold on the entire body shoe goo treatment.

I like to strengthen where I see weaknesses, either from personal experience or from examples right here on the forum. You can see where common damage area's are and weak spots.

I cut up strips of lexan and shoe goo them to the exterior of the body and add strips to the underside as well that exhibit stress. Where cracks occurs I just add straight shoe goo, after several more bash sessions the shoe goo is still holding.

Interesting observation, the Mega body doesn't shred the tires at full tilt (the wheel wells are cut out larger at the factory), the BLX one does.

Temperature also makes a big difference.

I am not totally sold on the entire body shoe goo treatment.

I like to strengthen where I see weaknesses, either from personal experience or from examples right here on the forum. You can see where common damage area's are and weak spots.

I cut up strips of lexan and shoe goo them to the exterior of the body and add strips to the underside as well that exhibit stress. Where cracks occurs I just add straight shoe goo, after several more bash sessions the shoe goo is still holding.

Interesting observation, the Mega body doesn't shred the tires at full tilt (the wheel wells are cut out larger at the factory), the BLX one does.

Temperature also makes a big difference.
That's seems like a very good way to do it :) i whish i knew about it before i fibertaped and glued the whole back of the Granite body haha
Im sure the back of my Granite body will still be stronger than stock but im considering getting lexan material for the rest of the weak places now and im going to get some glue that works within minutes and not 12 hours for this task :)
English isnt my first language so im not 100% sure what you meant about temperatures.

How do you bend and cut the lexan material for small tight corners ?

Thanks

By temperature I just mean when it's cold out the bodies tend to crack easier.

I use pretty thin lexan, just use tin snips to cut the strips and a pair of pliers to bend them in the shape I would like.

Granite mega body.jpg

Here are more picture of a senton body I did with a bunch of use on it.

Senton body.jpg

Senton body 2.jpg

Senton body 3.jpg

Senton body 4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow looks like there is no easy fix. Time for my 7-year-old to learn a lesson I had to learn: If you can't duct it, F*** it.

(Mommy, what does f*** mean?)

Hi.

Thanks.
3s Typhon is a buggy body and gets way less abuse as a result of being smaller and having a very low profile. Same with the 6s Typhon body.
The Granite body is what it is. Just like the 6s Kraton body is so very thin compared to my Notorious and 6s OutCast bodies. I was eating Kraton bodies left and right. I don't even bother to shoogoo and drywall tape them. They break anyway. I was using Gorilla tape here and there as needed. Best way. A waste of time and $$ to reinforce them. Been there. I would look for a thicker upgrade body if it matters to you. I went with a PL unbreakable body for my 6s Kraton. Costs more, yet Bullet proof now for years. I would have been through at least 6 more stocker Kraton bodies, easily by now.
Driving ability is the other part of the equation. How hard you bash and how well you drive.
If replacing with another stocker Granite body, go to JennysRC. The cheapest alternative.

Last edited:
3s Typhon is a buggy body and gets way less abuse as a result of being smaller and having a very low profile. Same with the 6s Typhon body.
The Granite body is what it is. Just like the 6s Kraton body is so very thin compared to my Notorious and 6s OutCast bodies. I was eating Kraton bodies left and right. I don't even bother to shoogoo and drywall tape them. They break anyway. I was using Gorilla tape here and there as needed. Best way. A waste of time and $$ to reinforce them. Been there. I would look for a thicker upgrade body if it matters to you. I went with a PL unbreakable body for my 6s Kraton. Costs more, yet Bullet proof now for years. I would have been through at least 6 more stocker Kraton bodies, easily by now.
Driving ability is the other part of the equation. How hard you bash and how well you drive.
If replacing with another stocker Granite body, go to JennysRC. The cheapest alternative.
I agree that the Typhon benefits from having a low profile body but is is still notable stronger built than the Granite Body.
Big rock is a monster truck just like Granite and Big Rock Body is much much stronger than the Granite. Im not seeing my self cracking Big Rock anytime soon :) So i was so disappointed when Granite body turned out this weak.

Buying a new stock body for these two Arrma trucks cost almost the same.
I almost feel Arrma is pulling a cheap one in this case so i wont buy a Arrma body for my Granite when i need a replacement.
I heard the senton has a fragile body too so i think im done with buying more Arrma cars in the 3s line.

I actually really really wanted a 3s senton but if im getting a cheapo built easy to crack body then no thanks,
i think the 6s senton used to have a good durable body but you cant buy those Body`s anymore i think

When/if im going with Arrma 4s or 6s cars im going to make sure the ones i pick don't have thin fragile body`s. fragile body`s = no buy.

Im going to go with the Proline pre-cut Brute Bash Armor Body next year for the Granite. It will hold, it will fit and it looks pretty good.

Thanks for your inputs :)

I wouldn't worry too much, none of the RC bodies are built to go nuts with that I have seen. (Unless you are looking at aftermarket unbreakable styles).

After adding lexan and shoe glue as shown those bodies have lasted so long. Just gotta find the weak spots.

I agree that the Typhon benefits from having a low profile body but is is still notable stronger built than the Granite Body.
Big rock is a monster truck just like Granite and Big Rock Body is much much stronger than the Granite. Im not seeing my self cracking Big Rock anytime soon :) So i was so disappointed when Granite body turned out this weak.

Buying a new stock body for these two Arrma trucks cost almost the same.
I almost feel Arrma is pulling a cheap one in this case so i wont buy a Arrma body for my Granite when i need a replacement.
I heard the senton has a fragile body too so i think im done with buying more Arrma cars in the 3s line.

I actually really really wanted a 3s senton but if im getting a cheapo built easy to crack body then no thanks,
i think the 6s senton used to have a good durable body but you cant buy those Body`s anymore i think

When/if im going with Arrma 4s or 6s cars im going to make sure the ones i pick don't have thin fragile body`s. fragile body`s = no buy.

Im going to go with the Proline pre-cut Brute Bash Armor Body next year for the Granite. It will hold, it will fit and it looks pretty good.

Thanks for your inputs :)
The 3s Senton may work with any SCT body out there. Proline ones, etc Not 100% sure. But look into it. Pretty much all SCT's are very close in dimensions. Paint one up. I don't have any of the 3s 4x4 models, and not familiar with the Granite body. But if it is as paper thin as my 6s Kraton body, which would split and crack if you just sneezed at it, definitely look to an upgrade body. Not hard to fit it I am sure. Many do this.

I wouldn't worry too much, none of the RC bodies are built to go nuts with that I have seen. (Unless you are looking at aftermarket unbreakable styles).

After adding lexan and shoe glue as shown those bodies have lasted so long. Just gotta find the weak spots.
im not going to crazy as i mostly do jumps on my lawn.
The Granite body actually cracked just by doing a wheelie on flat ground that ended with the Granite upside down in the grass LOL
Im going to buy a 3D printer to add some extra protection on the roof and back etc. and im doing the full fibertape glue treatment on the inside :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back