Felony Got new motor for my vandetta need help with gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob2hot

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
new to this forum 1st post as well.........looking for help in my speedruns I got a 1515 2200kv by castle creations with mmx6s esc. My PB is 85 but want to reach 110. but my gearing is stock pinion gear I believe 26t not sure. I'm running it with to 2 zee 3s batteries 80c in series to get 6s. I don't understand gearing and spurs at all. but maybe u guys can help me buy something on amazon or ebay links welcomed. one person said 50t with 39t spur and other guy said 26t with 34t spur so I have no clue what to make my car faster. send links on what I need to buy for my vendetta. thanks in advanced

Highly recommend downloading an RC gearing app.
Also very worth pulling data logs from your ESC to understand what occurred with the battery voltage during a run. (requires getting the castle link usb)

I don't own a vendetta.
Do you know the pinion / spur and diff ratio?
What tire diameter?

With those details you can plug it into a calcualtor.

The biggest thing is that you have to account for voltage sag. You wont have full 6s voltage. (this is where ESC data logs help)

I also have a 6S vendetta. I run a slipper clutch eliminator spur gear instead of a slipper clutch with 44t on it. You can use the stock speed gear. 26t I believe. I have had many troubles getting my vendetta over 100 mph with out it trying to fly away, good luck mini have succeeded. It just didn’t happen for me (97mph) I moved up to the limitless. Life is so much easier.

IMG_0391.png

Last edited:
"I moved up to the limitless..."

As did I. As much as I love my Vendetta, especially at the $200 price point, the Limitless really has what it takes to get over 100 mph.

I ran my 6s vendetta up to 80 mph but that's where is really seemed to have trouble carrying all that 6s weight. I went with a larger spur, maybe too large at 32 teeth. I think that is the biggest that will fit without modification.

In general you really need to stiffen up the suspension when making the rig significantly heavier. I am not sure if springs are available.
Another thing we do with the really fast cars is install fuel tubing over the shock shaft. The goal is to limit the travel of the suspension.

For the front we set it up to just before the front would scrape.
For the rear it is almost locked out from any travel. Ultimately you end up with 3mm or so after a little squish of the tubing. I tried a few and liked the Tygon fuel tube sold on Amazon best. Very durable and wont split like silicon tube often does.

I had zero blow overs with my 1/7 VTE2 with the setup as described above.

In general you really need to stiffen up the suspension when making the rig significantly heavier. I am not sure if springs are available.
Another thing we do with the really fast cars is install fuel tubing over the shock shaft. The goal is to limit the travel of the suspension.

For the front we set it up to just before the front would scrape.
For the rear it is almost locked out from any travel. Ultimately you end up with 3mm or so after a little squish of the tubing. I tried a few and liked the Tygon fuel tube sold on Amazon best. Very durable and wont split like silicon tube often does.

I had zero blow overs with my 1/7 VTE2 with the setup as described above.

This is what I did thanks to this forum's search function. Unfortunately, the spot I had did have some bumps, so the Vendetta at speed, the limited suspension travel, combined with an overweight car gave me anxiety lol

This is what I did thanks to this forum's search function. Unfortunately, the spot I had did have some bumps, so the Vendetta at speed, the limited suspension travel, combined with an overweight car gave me anxiety lol
Finding a road worth of speeds over 100 is harder than it looks. Took me years...

Welcome. And finding a good road is no joke. I’m in Michigan. Nuff said!

What's the diff ratio in a vendetta??
NO IDEA sorry

Welcome. And finding a good road is no joke. I’m in Michigan. Nuff said!
yeah its hard i cant lie

I also have a 6S vendetta. I run a slipper clutch eliminator spur gear instead of a slipper clutch with 44t on it. You can use the stock speed gear. 26t I believe. I have had many troubles getting my vendetta over 100 mph with out it trying to fly away, good luck mini have succeeded. It just didn’t happen for me (97mph) I moved up to the limitless. Life is so much easier.

View attachment 359034
so you saying buy this thing ^^^ and keep the stock pinion gear which is 26t i belive ? if you reply send me other links that i need to buy in order to fit this in my vandetta 1515 2200kv motor ty

Highly recommend downloading an RC gearing app.
Also very worth pulling data logs from your ESC to understand what occurred with the battery voltage during a run. (requires getting the castle link usb)

I don't own a vendetta.
Do you know the pinion / spur and diff ratio?
What tire diameter?

With those details you can plug it into a calcualtor.

The biggest thing is that you have to account for voltage sag. You wont have full 6s voltage. (this is where ESC data logs help)
i don't know any diff numbers or my spur nothing unfortunalelty im new to this

Back