Kraton Full Kraton 6s exb Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quick1unc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Good evening all,

I recently found time to do the build for my exb that I had been stocking parts for, for the past few months. This is a full build from the ground up. I only re-used a few parts like cvd's, wing, turn buckles etc. Everything else is replaced with M2C, Hot Racing and ADU parts from Aliexpress. Have to say, i'm very impressed with the ADU parts, they look and feel like great parts at a lower price point comparatively. Anyways, just wanted to share and happy to answer any questions regarding parts or build process. Front and Rear diffs have been rebuilt using ADU aluminum housings, but you wont see that in the pics. I'm just waiting on m2c hex's since the extended ones I bought off ebay have too much play in them. I ordered some shims that will fit the axle hub, but will probably toss those hexes on a budget build and use the m2c for this one.

I went with the Spektrum 8s system as this is a pretty heavy build and with belted tires, I wanted more torque and i'll adjust pinions higher as I test. Also running an 80kg 8.4v servo. Also since i've been asked on FB, i'm running upgraded 13lb springs that East Tactics had tested in one of his vids to help deal with the additional load.

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

+1
E. Tactics. He has the heavy Duty springs. I Wanted to try them on my FT. Thing is a heavy girl out the box.
These rigs can get quite heavy after you load them up with goodies.
That's a Full Monte there. Nice.

+1
E. Tactics. He has the heavy Duty springs. I Wanted to try them on my FT. Thing is a heavy girl out the box.
These rigs can get quite heavy after you load them up with goodies.
That's a Full Monte there. Nice.
Ya he was runnin the stiffer ones but changed to these for slightly more plushness. I’m excited to test them out in a few days.

You said they are 13 pounders. They have many tightly wounded coils. I always set my shock droop first, then shock spring preload last.
My FT needs springs. I have bins of Tekno and Arrma 6s springs. All are too soft. I'm running 6mm of compression limiters on the front FWIW. Most guys with the FT do this. Or the Fr. CVD's pop out. Springs being too soft.

Last edited:
Ya they are wound tighter of course but they aren’t near as far to compress by hand as the first ones he tried which were 15+lb ones. I believe stock is like 8-9lbs iirc.

You said they are 13 pounders. They have many tightly wounded coils. I always set my shock droop first, then shock spring preload last.
My FT needs springs. I have bins of Tekno and Arrma 6s springs. All are too soft. I'm running 6mm of compression limiters on the front FWIW. Most guys with the FT do this. Or the Fr. CVD's pop out. Springs being too soft.
Shoot i've gone to the stock fireteam shocks with m2c caps/internals for a few kratons and an outcast. hopefully they won't be too soft on this big rock :unsure:

Shoot i've gone to the stock fireteam shocks with m2c caps/internals for a few kratons and an outcast. hopefully they won't be too soft on this big rock :unsure:
They’ve got all kinds of springs at centurysprings. Watch his vid as he tested other springs both stiffer and softer so you might find the right one for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back