Fireteam FireTeam ready to roll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she’s going 8S boys! Swapping out the 4985 for a 4990!View attachment 354311
There’s been quite the pause on this build. Turns out the Vitavon 6S shafts do not work properly with the factory Arrma 29mm EXB diff cups. The Vitavon shaft is 1mm longer than stock, and that combined with having a rounded shaft end keeps it from being able to seat properly, and pushes the hub out where the tire had positive camber. I fought with Vitavon for 2 weeks on the issue. After they refused to do anything I finally just gave up and ordered the Vitavon EXB diff cups to be done with it, then waited 2 more weeks for those to come in.

Rounded end on the Vitavon shaft (right)
IMG_5511.jpeg

Vitavon shaft in Arrma EXB cup
IMG_5514.jpeg

Vitavon shaft in a Vitavon cup
IMG_5515.jpeg

I think this one turned out beautiful! I’ll have to weigh it with the stock body, but it should come right in at the factory weight, even with all the motor and aluminum component upgrades.

No battery weigh in
IMG_5519.jpeg

A good balance with these batteries. It should be right on the money with 8S batteries.
IMG_5520.jpeg

There’s been quite the pause on this build. Turns out the Vitavon 6S shafts do not work properly with the factory Arrma 29mm EXB diff cups. The Vitavon shaft is 1mm longer than stock, and that combined with having a rounded shaft end keeps it from being able to seat properly, and pushes the hub out where the tire had positive camber. I fought with Vitavon for 2 weeks on the issue. After they refused to do anything I finally just gave up and ordered the Vitavon EXB diff cups to be done with it, then waited 2 more weeks for those to come in.

Rounded end on the Vitavon shaft (right)
View attachment 366673

Vitavon shaft in Arrma EXB cup
View attachment 366674

Vitavon shaft in a Vitavon cup
View attachment 366675
Nice catch on this and good info for those wanting the Vitavon shafts. 👍

The whole build is really nice!

I took this out for its maiden voyage today. “Oh my!” is all I was thinking lol. On 6S it is controllable, but still silly fast. I was halfway on the trigger when I put the hammer down. It pulled a wheelie so hard it scraped the top of the back bumper. I was in awe, I cannot wait to see it on 8S… and to get some footage. I left my GoPro at the house 😔

Back