Fireteam FireTeam ready to roll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshjosh

Fast, Faster, Boom…
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Vendetta
Hello fellow RCholics! I started this journey after the Black Friday sale, in which I had every intention of getting a Kraton EXB. After picking up the FT I really loved the way it drove, though it was constantly rolling over in my back yard when turning. The winter months came, and I decided to tear it apart to have a look! A few things I noticed that I wanted to immediately fix were the EXB diffs with LSD and the corresponding gears, the hubs, and the shock towers. During the tear down I stripped quite a few screws, which meant I ended up replacing more parts than intended lol, but the end result works really well! I’ve also picked up the Milwaukee screwdriver bit set, and I stopped stripping screws.
Parts;
M2C - rear brace (the front brace didn’t fit), front and rear captured hinge pin set (FR hinge pin holder required grinding to fit with the beefed up ScorchedRC diff carriers), and 4mm top plate.
BasherQueen - Center brace
ScorchedRC - Diff carriers, input cups, titanium shock towers, M4 shock stand offs, Ackerman plate with bearing kit, front-rear-center titanium drive shafts, titanium pillow balls, titanium shock pins
GPM - 7075 servo arm
PPS - motor mount
Arrma - EXB LSD - all 3, EXB front upper hinge pin, sway bar balls, Kraton wheel axles, and EXB input gear and diff gears.
Lunsford - titanium turnbuckles.
ST Racing - steering post upper mount brace
Hot Racing - locking servo saver tube, and steering bell crank.
1up racing - titanium screws scattered throughout, and servo mount screws.
J&T - wheel nuts.
Treal Hobby - triple bearing front and rear Kraton hubs.
GA - 6s Advanced battery - 6800mah.
Random GR2 titanium screws and washers for the body cover. Added washers to reduce the shearing of the plastic panels. With the screws swapped and washers added it shaved ~1 oz off the top.
Replaced the rear outer hub pins with GR5 titanium 45mm bolts.

The M2C shock caps for emulsion style shocks were purchased, but after thoroughly researching the emulsion technology I found it’s really only good for jumping. It doesn’t like constant movement from off-road bumps, it creates heat and isn’t as reactive. I have not installed those yet, as I haven’t gotten a ramp yet to justify.

The Treal hubs are excellent, though they do add a good amount to the unsprung weight. They only weigh a few grams less than the HR Kraton hubs without bearings, but the triple stainless bearing add up. Im really happy with the 7075 construction of them though. I’m looking to replace those triple bearings with ceramic to reduce that weight some. After swapping those out I notice I can hit the turns faster without it rolling over now that it’s wider. I had some issues with the driveshaft popping out initially. I adjusted the shims to all of them in the rear, and corrected the camber to -3, which fixed the issue.

I removed the rear hand brake, and still found the rear to be much heavier than the front. I added about 4oz total to the front in weights to balance.

I had initially purchased mostly Vitavon parts, but every part I tried had fitment issues except their EXB diffs. At that point I had lost faith in their gear, and didn’t use any of it. They did return shipping for some of it, but not all. In the end, the return shipping price of the Vitavon items off of eBay wasn’t significantly less than my initial purchase price. Whatever they didn’t pay for return shipping is just sitting in a tote as wasted money.

The car drives great! I still have a Castle motor and ESC I had intended to build a Kraton with, but at this point I have an extended length Kraton that is pretty built. It’s plenty fast for now, especially after putting in the high voltage GA battery. General other items I used are a toe and camber gauge, and a SkyRC corner weight scale. I have it setup for 50/50 FR and RL. Last piece is to find an aluminum front brace that fits, and get a ramp for some jumps! Thanks for reading!
CA31D19C-AE67-48D4-92F0-C7E46EC8AB15.jpeg
42FF6047-14A1-4236-9783-A2E039972741.jpeg
61FA8C12-1B79-4A11-8762-26E40566580E.jpeg

33A24C21-C2EA-4EAF-A04E-89BCEA02B64D.jpeg
AF39D43F-6762-4688-9462-D0A69BD09D1A.jpeg
07D7D968-C976-472F-976A-9135CBAD3F3A.jpeg
B16498A4-D508-4915-A3FA-1CFFB8F9D174.gif

Last edited:
Jeez man, you built a military grade Fireteam (pun intended 😁). Nice rig!
Thank you!
Though I was initially against the body, being from a military background I actually fell in love with it once it came in!

Hello fellow RCholics! I started this journey after the Black Friday sale, in which I had every intention of getting a Kraton EXB. After picking up the FT I really loved the way it drove, though it was constantly rolling over in my back yard when turning. The winter months came, and I decided to tear it apart to have a look! A few things I noticed that I wanted to immediately fix were the EXB diffs with LSD and the corresponding gears, the hubs, and the shock towers. During the tear down I stripped quite a few screws, which meant I ended up replacing more parts than intended lol, but the end result works really well! I’ve also picked up the Milwaukee screwdriver bit set, and I stopped stripping screws.
Parts;
M2C - rear brace (the front brace didn’t fit), front and rear captured hinge pin set (FR hinge pin holder required grinding to fit with the beefed up ScorchedRC diff carriers), and 4mm top plate.
ScorchedRC - Diff carriers, input cups, titanium shock towers, M4 shock stand offs, Ackerman plate with bearing kit, front-rear-center titanium drive shafts, titanium pillow balls, titanium shock pins
GPM - 7075 servo arm
PPS - motor mount
Arrma - EXB LSD - all 3, EXB front upper hinge pin, sway bar balls, Kraton wheel axles, and EXB input gear and diff gears.
J&T - wheel nuts.
Random GR2 titanium screws and washers for the body cover. Added washers to reduce the shearing of the plastic panels. With the screws swapped and washers added it shaved ~1 oz off the top.

The M2C shock caps for emulsion style shocks were purchased, but after thoroughly researching the emulsion technology I found it’s really only good for jumping. It doesn’t like constant movement from off-road bumps, it creates heat and isn’t as reactive. I have not installed those yet, as I haven’t gotten a ramp yet to justify.

The Treal hubs are excellent, though they do add a good amount to the unsprung weight. They only weigh a few grams less than the HR Kraton hubs without bearings, but the triple stainless bearing add up. Im really happy with the 7075 construction of them though. I’m looking to replace those triple bearings with ceramic to reduce that weight some. After swapping those out I notice I can hit the turns faster without it rolling over now that it’s wider. I had some issues with the driveshaft popping out initially. I adjusted the shims to all of them in the rear, and corrected the camber to -3, which fixed the issue.

I removed the rear hand brake, and still found the rear to be much heavier than the front. I added about 4oz total to the front in weights to balance.

I had initially purchased mostly Vitavon parts, but every part I tried had fitment issues except their EXB diffs. At that point I had lost faith in their gear, and didn’t use any of it. They did return shipping for some of it, but not all. In the end, the return shipping price of the Vitavon items off of eBay wasn’t significantly less than my initial purchase price. Whatever they didn’t pay for return shipping is just sitting in a tote as wasted money.

The car drives great! I still have a Castle motor and ESC I had intended to build a Kraton with, but at this point I have an extended length Kraton that is pretty built. It’s plenty fast for now, especially after putting in the high voltage GA battery. General other items I used are a toe and camber gauge, and a SkyRC corner weight scale. I have it setup for 50/50 FR and RL. Last piece is to find an aluminum front brace that fits, and get a ramp for some jumps! Thanks for reading!
View attachment 278062View attachment 278063View attachment 278064
View attachment 278065View attachment 278069View attachment 278070View attachment 278066
Somebody aint messin around!
Welcome Josh!

Parts;
GPM - 7075 servo arm
PPS - motor mount
J&T - wheel nuts.

View attachment 278062View attachment 278063View attachment 278064
View attachment 278065View attachment 278069View attachment 278070View attachment 278066
Nice build!👍

Somebody aint messin around!
Welcome Josh!
Thank you for the warm welcome, glad to be here!

love the diff case housings will get some one day :)
They are amazing! They are designed to be able to use Arrma or Hobao gears. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

Cool looking rig with the limitless body on there & what's under the hood is equally impressive!!😃👍🤘 Just curious, what kinda vitavon parts do you have just sitting in that tote? Anything you'd be interested in selling?
Thanks, I appreciate it! I wasn’t sold on the Limitless body on there at first, but it grew on me.
Sure, the parts I have are; Vitavon steering bell crank, a full set of suspension mounts, 2x 29mm differentials. Arrma EXB spacer and rear brace. Scorched Racing titanium shock standoff. A random brand H brace. All parts are new.
IMG_2375.jpeg

Crazy that their wheelbase lengths are less than 1/2" different, but one weighs twice as much as the other! :cool:
It really is crazy how beastly the O8S is! My FCX24 is a baby next to it.
IMG_4853.jpeg

Here’s an inside look! This has a TI chassis and driveshafts, and mostly CF everything else.
The CF parts are mostly BasherQueen, and the TI parts are ScorchedRC. The last part I’m waiting on are the 1UP Servo lockdown screws. Then I need to button it up by putting the rear shafts in, and plugging up the RX.
IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s an inside look! This has a TI chassis and driveshafts, and mostly CF everything else.
The CF parts are mostly BasherQueen, and the TI parts are ScorchedRC. The last part I’m waiting on are the 1UP Servo lockdown screws. Then I need to button it up by putting the rear shafts in, and plugging up the RX.View attachment 351440
View attachment 351441
What's the giant red thing on the esc?

Back