Factory Stock Arrma RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
How many have an Arrma rc 100% factory stock, owned for at least a year. Factor to include only stock replacement parts and tires.

Wondering what the "stock vs moddified" rc owner ratio would be...

I have one that has remained stock, a 6s Typhon. I think it’s about 2 years old now. It’s actually about to be refreshed and upgraded! 😂
Cool...2 years is a long time. You're the first in the poll with a stock 6s Typhon. Can it be counted if you own more than one 6s Typhon... ;)

Cool...2 years is a long time. You're the first in the poll with a stock 6s Typhon. Can it be counted if you own more than one 6s Typhon... ;)
Absolutely it should be counted. And I should get a gold star for it! 😂. ATM I have three Typhons, and the other two aren’t even recognizable as Typhons any more. It really is the only Arrma I’ve ever left alone, and it’s also the rig with the most time on it of any I own. Regardless of whatever rig I want to run, the Typhon is almost always taken along as well. It’s been a great rig, but I’ve noticed noise coming from the diffs, the bearings are getting pretty crusty, my shocks aren’t really dampening anything anymore, and I had a bent shock tower that I straightened and recently noticed it’s bent again. So yes, it’s time. I got a couple TLR bits from Jenny’s (shocks, chassis, steering rack that I’ll be changing the pin block on) and some new shock towers. I also just grabbed those MX ProLine buggy tires and I can’t wait to check those out.

Two of three that I've owned over a year all 100% stock (a Typhon 3s blx and granite 3s blx. I've tried some aftermarket shocks, and servo saver or two. I've always gone back to stock. The only thing I'm waiting to break so I can "upgrade" are the A arms, or possibly servos.

Absolutely it should be counted. And I should get a gold star for it! 😂. ATM I have three Typhons, and the other two aren’t even recognizable as Typhons any more. It really is the only Arrma I’ve ever left alone, and it’s also the rig with the most time on it of any I own. Regardless of whatever rig I want to run, the Typhon is almost always taken along as well. It’s been a great rig, but I’ve noticed noise coming from the diffs, the bearings are getting pretty crusty, my shocks aren’t really dampening anything anymore, and I had a bent shock tower that I straightened and recently noticed it’s bent again. So yes, it’s time. I got a couple TLR bits from Jenny’s (shocks, chassis, steering rack that I’ll be changing the pin block on) and some new shock towers. I also just grabbed those MX ProLine buggy tires and I can’t wait to check those out.

Funny how the stock rc becomes the most reliable after a while. Regardless, upgrading is fun. All the best with the servicing and repairs. Good choice in tires.

Funny how the stock rc becomes the most reliable after a while. Regardless, upgrading is fun. All the best with the servicing and repairs. Good choice in tires.
Back in the day my was about 5 or 6 and I bought him a brushed motor 2 wd slash and that truck would not break no matter what he hit, even he was driving up the base of a 2ft wide pine tree and getting 5ft up the trunk. But stupid me ended up putting a brushless in it and it broke on a daily bases. So 15 years later and it turned into this

20200315_121122.jpg

20200315_104507.jpg

20200315_121130.jpg

Back in the day my was about 5 or 6 and I bought him a brushed motor 2 wd slash and that truck would not break no matter what he hit, even he was driving up the base of a 2ft wide pine tree and getting 5ft up the trunk. But stupid me ended up putting a brushless in it and it broke on a daily bases. So 15 years later and it turned into this

View attachment 362838

View attachment 362839

View attachment 362840

I love it when cars are too slow to do any damage to themselves! But the drag slash is badass as well!

View attachment 362838

View attachment 362839

View attachment 362840
Beautiful job on that lid, man! Sick build!

My Mojo 6S is stock, except for the servo. Fireteam is also stock, except for servo. Kraton 8S is 100% stock. I bought those before I realized how much I enjoyed building up rigs from rollers.

What's stock, nothing I own is stock? Even if I build a kit it's never stock, always add better parts no matter what!

I ran my 6s Typhon stock for about a month, thats the longest I've ever stayed 100% stock. Now I don't even run a rig once stock. I go through the diffs and check everything else and figure while I'm doing that might as well go ahead and do what are what I consider basic/useful upgrades: shock towers/standoffs, chassis braces, diff mount, hinge pin mounts and EXB front bumper. If I end up making room for an Infraction I will run it stock at least for a few months.

Back