Talion DX5C no reverse!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I don’t know what happened but for some reason reverse and brake stopped working on my Talion. I was at about 30 feet off the ground when I discovered this so it was not a pretty landing! I know it’s something to do with the remote because I changed to a different ESC. I was able to get brake’s back but not reverse. I kinda hate this remote

I don’t know what happened but for some reason reverse and brake stopped working on my Talion. I was at about 30 feet off the ground when I discovered this so it was not a pretty landing! I know it’s something to do with the remote because I changed to a different ESC. I was able to get brake’s back but not reverse. I kinda hate this remote
It's your new ESC. Some ESCs come set for race mode, which doesn't have reverse or brake. You need to use a programming card to select an option that includes reverse and brake.

Also, you must recalibrate the neutral/throttle/brake sequence whenever changing components.

It's your new ESC. Some ESCs come set for race mode, which doesn't have reverse or brake. You need to use a programming card to select an option that includes reverse and brake.
I have a program card and tried that on both. Only reason I tried new ESC was the loss of brake and reverse. I got brake back by turning the brake setting all the way to 100% on the remote. I tried it again and it works for other settings and says it’s where it should be. I tried both settings. I had it start turning backwards a couple times while messing with the remote settings but it won’t work with the remote. Weird

I have a program card and tried that on both. Only reason I tried new ESC was the loss of brake and reverse. I got brake back by turning the brake setting all the way to 100% on the remote. I tried it again and it works for other settings and says it’s where it should be. I tried both settings. I had it start turning backwards a couple times while messing with the remote settings but it won’t work with the remote. Weird
What brand of ESC are you having issues with?

Those are both Hobbywing ESCs. For those two ESCs, you need to set the value for Item 1 on the programming card (Running Mode), to Option 2, which is Forward/Reverse with Brake, press the OK button, then shut the ESC off and back on. Have you done that?

Those are both Hobbywing ESCs. For those two ESCs, you need to set the value for Item 1 on the programming card (Running Mode), to Option 2, which is Forward/Reverse with Brake, press the OK button, then shut the ESC off and back on. Have you done that?
Yes several times. I even tried a factory reset which puts it in forward brake reverse mode. On the card it shows it to be in the 2 setting of the first parameter.

I’m not sure I know how to do that with this DX5C.
It's basically the same for all Hobbywing ESCs. Hold the set button on the power switch as you power up. As soon as the switch button flashes, let go of the power button. The LED on the ESC flashes to show it is in programming mode. In the neutral trigger position, press the set button on the ESC once. You will hear a beep. Move the trigger to the full throttle position, then push the set button. You will hear two beeps. Move the trigger to full reverse/brake position, then hit the set button. You will hear three beeps. And IIRC, you will hear one confirmation beep. Your throttle is now calibrated.

Back