Kraton Arrma Kraton 6s no wheelie oil in center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
Hi, what do you recommend regarding the differential oil for my Kraton 6s? I don't like that model to wheelie, so I put 20k on the rear, 60k on the front, but as regards the central differential I understood that (but correct me if I'm wrong) the thinner the oil the less the model tends to wheelie , It is true? So I thought I'd put 20k in the back - 60k in the middle and 60k in the front. What do you think?
Thank you!

You are correct.. thinner center fluid transfers power to the front more when the rears have traction.. be very careful what you ask for though.. if it's constantly diffing out at high rpm your liable to burn down the center diff, if it gets hot enough it will melt the cup..

I would be more focused on your finger control to prevent wheelies.. 👍

I would just keep what it comes stock and just turn your punch setting down but if you’re going to change it, like you have it, I’d put 30K in the front.

You are correct.. thinner center fluid transfers power to the front more when the rears have traction.. be very careful what you ask for though.. if it's constantly diffing out at high rpm your liable to burn down the center diff, if it gets hot enough it will melt the cup..

I would be more focused on your finger control to prevent wheelies.. 👍
What do you recommend me for the center? I would like to keep 60k front and 20k rear, for the center, according your opinion, could i use 60k like front, or is too fluid?

Since the factory puts 100 K in them going to 60k would definitely tone it down. I like the idea of just turning the punch level down and adjusting it to your type of driving style. You have taken into consideration how much traction you’re getting, going to a lighter oil in the center Will definitely turn your front tires into pizza cutters.

What do you recommend me for the center? I would like to keep 60k front and 20k rear, for the center, according your opinion, could i use 60k like front, or is too fluid?

What I've found with diff fluid is the viscosity beats down pretty quickly.. 100k typically feels like 60k after 4 or 5 packs worth of run time.. 500k ends up feeling like 300k..

You can certainly try the 60k, it will beat down pretty fast.. I would keep an eye on your center diff temp's if you do.. but it personally scares me a little as I've seen them melt down on 100k..

On a controlled surface like a track you won't see crazy amounts of heat, but out bashing you will..

Also, if you flip your truck you might see a loss of snap in the air with a light fluid..

I tend to setup center diffs stiff, and be more linear on the trigger.. slow pulls can provide ultimate traction and speed, where as a diffed out pinned throttle is just spinning front wheels.. and spinning isn't winning.. 😉

Only you truly know what you will like the feel of.. so I would suggest experimenting.. just be conscious of that center diff and heat..

Back