Dumbo Rc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who pick up this rx/tx combo I found the below info extremely useful when I purchased. These words are not mine FYI but I did pull from an amazon reviewer. Thought I would share for those looking for info. This relates to the dumbo x6 with gyro.

How to bind the DumboRC transmitter to the Receiver:
1: connect the receiver to power:
1a: +5 volts (red wire) goes to any middle pin
1b: -5volts (black wire) to any pin close to the receiver's edge (farthest from the antenna)
2: Turn on the transmitter.
3: To bind the receiver, find the tiny black button in the hole next to the antenna. Use a paperclip to hold the button down for 1 or 2 seconds. 3a: The green LED should blink for a few seconds while it binds to the transmitter. Then the LED should be steady.

How to turn on and off the DumboRC receiver gyro:
1) connect the receiver to power. The green LED should be lit.
2) with a paperclip, push the little button next to the antenna three times in quick succession.
3) The red LED should blink and then remain on -- meaning that the gyro is activated (both red and green LEDs will be lit)
4) Again, push the button three times, and the red LED will turn off - disabling the gyro.
5) It's important that the receiver be mounted horizontally on your car -- I had mounted the receiver vertically, and did not detect any gyro action when steering.

Here's how to get into settings mode (for the "upgraded" version):
1: turn off the transmitter.
2: pull the throttle/trigger all the way backwards (against the handle-stop).
3: twist the steering wheel full counterclockwise.
4: with the trigger backwards and steering ccw, turn on the power.
5: let go of the steering wheel and throttle/trigger.
6: push the Channel 3 button (below the trigger)
7: the top light should start blinking.
8: now, with the light blinking, reset the neutral position of trigger and steering:
8a: twist the steering full cw, then full ccw, then let go
8b: pull the trigger full backwards, full forwards, then let go.
8c: turn off the power switch.

You must do steps 8a, 8b, and 8c, or else your RC model may not drive backwards, or may not go forwards!

How to set the direction, zero point, and sensitivity for the throttle and the steering:

Open the top cover to find two slide switches, and four knobs. The left switch and 2 left knobs are for steering. The right hand switch and 2 right knobs are for throttle.

Set the top left switch for either normal or reverse steering. (really, changes the direction of the steering wheel). Set the middle-left knob for the zero-point of steering (just point its arrow straight up at first). Set the lower-left knob for the steering limits (start with it pointing straight up, adjust as you please)

Set the top right switch for either normal or reverse throttle (just changes what happens when you push or pull the finger-trigger). Set the middle-right knob so that your model does not move when the trigger is in the neutral position. Set the bottom-right knob to control the speed limit of the trigger.

You can change between ordinary throttle-steering to mixed steering-throttle ("dual-motors" or "tank" or "v-tail").

Normal steering mode means the finger-trigger will control one servo for the speed. The steering wheel will control a second servo which turns the steering mechanism.

Mixed steering mode is for a model with two motors - a one motor driving the left side of the model and motor on the right side (think of a military tank). With mixed mode, the finger-trigger controls the speed of the model, and the steering wheel controls the speed difference between the left and right motors.

To change from normal to mixed steering mode, do this:
2: pull the throttle/trigger all the way forward (towards the front of the transmitter).
3: twist the steering wheel full clockwise.
4: with the trigger frontwards and steering CW, turn on the power.
4a: the LED on top should blink red-blue.
6: pull the trigger all the way backwards (against the handle-stop)
6a: the top LED should change to solid color:
6b: if the LED is blue, then you have normal steering
6c: if the LED is red, then you have mix steering ("tank" or "v-tail")
7: set the top switches:
top left switch is steering normal/reverse
top right switch is throttle/trigger normal/reverse
8: set the steering & throttle
Can someone help me. I got a Dumbo x controller and transmitter. I connected everything and the throttle works but steering doesn't. Any ideas how to fix that?

Which DumboRc transmitter and receiver? Plugged into what? Much more information needed. Pictures would help.
I got the X6FG And im trying to install it in my Mini e-revo. Even bought an extra receiver At the same time and both of them are doing the same thing. I'm plugging steering servo in 1st slot and speed control in 2nd slot. For some reason when only the speed control is plugged in i have throttle but when I plug the steering servo in i have nothing and the receiver light starts blinking green as well as my speed control light.
I hope this helps, I appreciate it

20210311_202647.jpg

I got the X6FG And im trying to install it in my Mini e-revo. Even bought an extra receiver At the same time and both of them are doing the same thing. I'm plugging steering servo in 1st slot and speed control in 2nd slot. For some reason when only the speed control is plugged in i have throttle but when I plug the steering servo in i have nothing and the receiver light starts blinking green as well as my speed control light.
I hope this helps, I appreciate it

View attachment 131557
Set the steering and throttle dual rates to 100%, both trims to center, and do the transmitter calibration process. Then your ESC calibration process. Then center your servo and put your steering horn/arm on and set your steering dual rate so you don’t exceed the endpoint of your steering on either side.

Thank you for your suggestions unfortunately that did not do anything. I have found that when I do not plug my steering servo in "only Speed control" I do have throttle. As soon as I plug my steering servo in, the receiver light and my speed control light start blinking and I have no function of anything. I have tried 3 different service thinking it might be bad servo and that is not the case. I also bought an extra receive And they both are doing the same thing.
Thanks for your help

X6FG has the gyro in ch6, so plug your servo in there. Also there's an older and new series transmitters. The video in the link below shows how to calibrate both.

For those who pick up this rx/tx combo I found the below info extremely useful when I purchased. These words are not mine FYI but I did pull from an amazon reviewer. Thought I would share for those looking for info. This relates to the dumbo x6 with gyro.

1b: -5volts (black wire) to any pin close to the receiver's edge (farthest from the antenna)
3: To bind the receiver, find the tiny black button in the hole next to the antenna. Use a paperclip to hold the button down for 1 or 2 seconds. 3a: The green LED should blink for a few seconds while it binds to the transmitter. Then the LED should be steady.

2) with a paperclip, push the little button next to the antenna three times in quick succession.
3) The red LED should blink and then remain on -- meaning that the gyro is activated (both red and green LEDs will be lit)
4) Again, push the button three times, and the red LED will turn off - disabling the gyro.
5) It's important that the receiver be mounted horizontally on your car -- I had mounted the receiver vertically, and did not detect any gyro action when steering.

8: now, with the light blinking, reset the neutral position of trigger and steering:

You must do steps 8a, 8b, and 8c, or else your RC model may not drive backwards, or may not go forwards!

How to set the direction, zero point, and sensitivity for the throttle and the steering:

Open the top cover to find two slide switches, and four knobs. The left switch and 2 left knobs are for steering. The right hand switch and 2 right knobs are for throttle.

Set the top left switch for either normal or reverse steering. (really, changes the direction of the steering wheel). Set the middle-left knob for the zero-point of steering (just point its arrow straight up at first). Set the lower-left knob for the steering limits (start with it pointing straight up, adjust as you please)

Set the top right switch for either normal or reverse throttle (just changes what happens when you push or pull the finger-trigger). Set the middle-right knob so that your model does not move when the trigger is in the neutral position. Set the bottom-right knob to control the speed limit of the trigger.

You can change between ordinary throttle-steering to mixed steering-throttle ("dual-motors" or "tank" or "v-tail").

Normal steering mode means the finger-trigger will control one servo for the speed. The steering wheel will control a second servo which turns the steering mechanism.

Mixed steering mode is for a model with two motors - a one motor driving the left side of the model and motor on the right side (think of a military tank). With mixed mode, the finger-trigger controls the speed of the model, and the steering wheel controls the speed difference between the left and right motors.

2: pull the throttle/trigger all the way forward (towards the front of the transmitter).
This has helped alot!

Set the steering and throttle dual rates to 100%, both trims to center, and do the transmitter calibration process. Then your ESC calibration process. Then center your servo and put your steering horn/arm on and set your steering dual rate so you don’t exceed the endpoint of your steering on either side.
How do I do the esc calibration process?

How do I do the esc calibration process?
Turn on transmitter. Press and hold set button on esc and power on esc. Esc light flashes red and release set button. With transmitter in neutral press set on esc -> 1 beep sound. Hold full throttle and press set -> two beeps. Hold full brake and press set -> three beeps. Turn off esc and transmitter. Done.
Tip: put car on blocks or something to lift it (or take off wheels). Just precaution in case a signal goes rogue and car takes off when doing the recalibration.

Turn on transmitter. Press and hold set button on esc and power on esc. Esc light flashes red and release set button. With transmitter in neutral press set on esc -> 1 beep sound. Hold full throttle and press set -> two beeps. Hold full brake and press set -> three beeps. Turn off esc and transmitter. Done.
Tip: put car on blocks or something to lift it (or take off wheels). Just precaution in case a signal goes rogue and car takes off when doing the recalibration.
Thanks for the info. Appreciated

And what do I do if the car takes off as stated (wheels where off but throttle revs high)?

My throttle is backwards everything else works fine how would I fix this my servo is in 1 n NY esc 2
My throttle is backwards everything else works fine how would I fix this my servo is in 1 n NY esc 2

Hey @JAM . Great write up. You might want to add one more thing.

If your gyro is correcting in wrong direction you have to push the set button twice quickly to reverse it to the correct direction.👍

Also does anyone know if there is a way to set up one of the channels up to work with the handbrake servo. I want it to activate when pressing the button but release as soon as you let go.

does anyone know how to use channel 3 for a LEDs switch?

right now all i get is a constant on. if i switch to channel 5 (the knob) it will toggle the LEDs on and off.

the channel 3 switch is way cooler.

i have the dumbo rc x6 and the x6fg rx
You will need the ch3 adapter. This allows two sets of lights to be controlled using the ch3 button on the transmitter. Plug the lights into the prongs on the adapter and the adapter in ch3 on the receiver. Power on as normal then press ch3 button. Lights come on press twice and they go off and the other set of lights come on. If fitted. Press twice all lights come on . Press twice all lights flash at variable speeds. Press twice all lights off. This adapter is on eBay for about £5.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back