Granite Discontinues continued Electric Boogaloo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancelthefuture

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
So apparently not only are the v2 4s models discontinued, now Senton 3s, Granite 3s, Granite Mega, Granite Boost, Vorteks Boost, Vorteks 3s, Infraction Mega, and Fireteam are all discontinued as well.

I figured Fireteam was coming when the super sale happened, but the 3s and Mega discontinues are really surprising. Seems either there is a new platform on the way or Horizon is in hot water. My guess is a new platform based on the Hobbywing 10BL60 G2, 10BL120 G2, and 8BL150 G2 are coming out soon considering the new 1/5 scale V2 stuff. Traxxas is getting rid of all brushed models and doing a 2s brushless combo starting in a month or two, so maybe Arrma will follow suit with the 10bl60 for Mega BLX 2s, then 10bl120 for new BLX 3s.

Anyway very curious to see what's next.
1693627201361.png

If they are discontinued - I guess that is making room for some improved platform/models. The Senton kept tipping over in corners and the Granite has a CG that's simply too high. Nice jumping with the Granite was a problem. Because it would bounce so much after the jump and end up toppling over. Wheelbase just very short for nice landings. Looked great but pretty useless to drive on 3s. Too much power for that high center of gravity. And the Senton only became fun after we used the wide suspension arms.

Would not be worried too much about them beeing discontinued. After the 6s Senton the Mojave followed. Not too bad...

Mega cars are great for kids - the ESC does not just burn when blocked like with brushless ESC. Sensored ESCs still too expensive for low end kid's toys. Just like rechargeable NiMh are just so much safer for kids than lipos.

On the other hand there is a bug on the Arrma site that says "discontinued" if stock is not available. We'll see...

1/5 Mojave and Typhon style - come!
1/8 Street car with some more ground clearance that can also go on gravel - come!
And perhaps some T5 style 1/8 car with a wide wheelbase that simply does not flip over.

Last edited:
I have to think its time for the overhaul. Current platforms are getting a little long in the tooth. Hopefully its not just add lights and new colors and call it a new release........who would do that. Do they think we are just stone idiots!
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

V2 4s is on backorders now
Oh I was actually coming back here to update tonight. Many of the models I mentioned above are either back in stock or on Backorder status now. It appears we might not be getting a refresh as soon as I had hoped, but the release of the 150 spektrum g2 still seems to indicate that to me.

Oh I was actually coming back here to update tonight. Many of the models I mentioned above are either back in stock or on Backorder status now. It appears we might not be getting a refresh as soon as I had hoped, but the release of the 150 spektrum g2 still seems to indicate that to me.
Yeah im pretty bummed about that we might have to wait a few more weeks or a year who knows. Idk why they ellease straight up nothing every summer or spring it should be the time you release the more you can when its rc season. They release during winter and autumn the time people berely touch their rc because of the freezing weather and also snow

Interesting.. I hope they just remedy the issues with the 3S line and bring it back.

Still, after a few fixes we have had so much fun with the 3S line.

The Granite and Senton are "go-to" RC's for us.

Last edited:
Yeah im pretty bummed about that we might have to wait a few more weeks or a year who knows. Idk why they ellease straight up nothing every summer or spring it should be the time you release the more you can when its rc season. They release during winter and autumn the time people berely touch their rc because of the freezing weather and also snow
Christmas sales are not to be underestimated

Christmas sales are not to be underestimated
Yeah ik but its not the main season for rc. Its the period of gifts
Most of them are available again guys, no worries. Including the Fireteam.
The fireteam needs a big MSRP reduction for it to sell. Should be at the same price as the mojave

Prices in Europe are very different, I can buy a 4s Outcast for 399 euro and and a 6s Kraton is 599, Kraton 4s is 479 euro. That's in Holland, in Germany you often find better deals. Fireteam is now in discount, below 600 euro, same for the Mojave, below 600 euro.

This keeps coming up: Someone unhappy that a certain rig won't be available anymore because shown as "discontinued". Meanwhile the "discontinued" rig gets ripped apart in the market. Then turns out the website keeps having the same bug.

Certainly a unique way to manage a brand and company. I think something they don't get about their fans: Arrma belongs to us all, they just work there. 😜 And we want them to keep doing things so good so we can keep giving them our money in exchange for rigs.

That Fireteam would have been the go-to-rig for many more if it were not for those male barbie dolls. It's like the best characteristics of Mojave and Kraton combined and then comes Ken whose guns keep breaking off.... Oh dear. Nope. So unnecessary to divide the fan base here. Should have at least have an alternative internal body styling as an upgrade.

Last edited:
So apparently not only are the v2 4s models discontinued, now Senton 3s, Granite 3s, Granite Mega, Granite Boost, Vorteks Boost, Vorteks 3s, Infraction Mega, and Fireteam are all discontinued as well.

I figured Fireteam was coming when the super sale happened, but the 3s and Mega discontinues are really surprising. Seems either there is a new platform on the way or Horizon is in hot water. My guess is a new platform based on the Hobbywing 10BL60 G2, 10BL120 G2, and 8BL150 G2 are coming out soon considering the new 1/5 scale V2 stuff. Traxxas is getting rid of all brushed models and doing a 2s brushless combo starting in a month or two, so maybe Arrma will follow suit with the 10bl60 for Mega BLX 2s, then 10bl120 for new BLX 3s.

Anyway very curious to see what's next.View attachment 320187
Bro why in the world would arrma discontiue a such good lineup these romors are everywhere and they're fake. Arrma has no plans to commit suicide to their company any time soon.

Bro why in the world would arrma discontiue a such good lineup these romors are everywhere and they're fake. Arrma has no plans to commit suicide to their company any time soon.
This was during a big system outage where Horizon and Tower hobbies had just discontinued a bunch of stuff, but a bunch of other stuff was also listed as discontinued due to system glitches. Things have stabilized now.

Back