Vorteks Highly modified Typhon Mega build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowpea

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a weird experiment I've been working on. I bought this typhon on ebay as just a chassis. I put a 550 brushed motor in and tried it out. The power seemed severely lacking. Having no idea if the idea would work, I ordered a 775 brushed motor and a wp 880 esc. With an aluminum adapter for mounting, it was actually pretty easy to put in. It was much more fun to drive, a lot closer to what I was expecting. But... I had a starter motor from and old lawn mower laying around. It was an 895 brushed motor. It was much more of a challenge to mount the 895. I needed another mounting adapter, and had to go up to a 25t pinion to clear the driveshaft. That worked out ok though because this motor ran at about half the speed of the 775. It is absolutely not a perfect fit, I think i could make it better with some more tweaking. Took it out for a test drive and wow, the power looks more like what i see online from the brushless typhons (I'm sure its still behind them) The motor is sealed, no venting. It was supposed to be a starter so didn't need the cooling, but I might be buying another 895 to run in this. Also running 18650s in a 4s2p for a battery. I'm poor and these were laying around from a broken tool battery. Still dirty, just got back from testing.

PXL_20240403_025823194.png

PXL_20240403_025734733.jpg

PXL_20240403_025741306.jpg

Back