Mojave Clean or not to clean

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murgas1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave 4s
So I take care of my rc’s with running, washing, maintaining etc. But recently I’ve been just bashing the Mojave 4S cause I got it running again to my liking and haven’t given it any love but fresh battery packs and it just keeps running. When I would clean it constantly I would take it out and “wham” something would break. Now it’s just dirty but she’s like the energizer bunny, she keeps going and going. Not gonna wash it for a while.

Run it

energizer-bunny-desert-xi7kaqr36gleu69y.gif

So I take care of my rc’s with running, washing, maintaining etc. But recently I’ve been just bashing the Mojave 4S cause I got it running again to my liking and haven’t given it any love but fresh battery packs and it just keeps running. When I would clean it constantly I would take it out and “wham” something would break. Now it’s just dirty but she’s like the energizer bunny, she keeps going and going. Not gonna wash it for a while.

It's actually like Arny in Predator..

Just Better all mudded up!
arnold schwarzenegger 80s GIF

Actually, the dirt tends to self-clean from the high-pressure air flow areas and collect in the low pressure areas. This creates turbulent flow to further delaminate the flow, reducing drag even further. It is counter-intuitive, like having the tailgate up on a pick-up truck actually helps gas mileage.
Add to that the physical cushioning the dirt offers from damages, and you have to wonder why anybody cleans their rc's. The extra ounces are more than offset by these gains.

I have to go over mine after bashing and give them a bit of a clean up. would hate to go out bashing the next day and something dropped off because I didn't check it (y)

Assuming the first picture is before cleaning? In which case I wouldn't even consider that dirty myself. Dusty, maybe. I'd air clean if I really felt the need, but I also don't store my rc's in the house which sure makes a difference. I never use water to clean bearings or parts with bearings installed, electronics either. I know they're marketed as waterproof but, I don't trust the claims. To each their own as always.

Nice rig brother!!

That I consider dirty, still not bad though. I'd let it dry, knock off the heavy stuff with a brush, air clean.. done. Besides, they really look better dirty IMO. Covers up all the cracks and scratches, LOL.

.. maybe it's just cuz all I own is jalopies? 🤷‍♂️ ;) :p

Last edited:
That I consider dirty, still not bad though. I'd let it dry, knock off the heavy stuff with a brush, air clean.. done. Besides, they really look better dirty IMO. Covers up all the cracks and scratches, LOL.

.. maybe it's just cuz all I own is jalopies? 🤷‍♂️ ;) :p
"cracks and scratches"...its my battle scars.

Back