Outcast Center diff bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up for all having heat issues with motor. Using the brakes on a brushless rc will cause the heat to build up fast. The motor actually ever so lightly goes into reverse to stop the rc. This causes most of the heat besides running in grass or spinning the hell out of the tires in hard packed dirt.

Has anyone tried thermal paste yet?
I used thermal paste between the motor and heatsink. Sure it will attract dirt for exposed grease, but it is between the motor and heatsink and the rest washed off. It kinda helps make a better connection for better heat dissipation. It is used between computer heatsinks and CPUs so it has got to help. Other people have used thermal pads 1mm thick.

I used thermal paste between the motor and heatsink. Sure it will attract dirt for exposed grease, but it is between the motor and heatsink and the rest washed off. It kinda helps make a better connection for better heat dissipation. It is used between computer heatsinks and CPUs so it has got to help. Other people have used thermal pads 1mm thick.
Might just give the paste a try then. Everything I've read up in computer forums says the thinner the better transfer and paste has better transferring capabilities than pads do

I just don't see the paste working that well.
Mainly the heatsink is going to push all the paste out. Leaving a uneven maybe none at all paste left in places. IDK !
At least with the 3s and 4s heatsink.

I just don't see the paste working that well.
Mainly the heatsink is going to push all the paste out. Leaving a uneven maybe none at all paste left in places. IDK !
At least with the 3s and 4s heatsink.
It's possible but according to computer building nerds the thinner the better because all you want to do is fill in the imperfections, make a full contact surface and that's it.

I see NO heatsink and the fan blowing directly on the motor...
If it didn't already have a heatsink with a dual fan set up maybe, given I already have both might as well make it work like it's supposed to

Last edited:
So last night out of boredom I studied up on thermal pads vs paste, and when it came to performance of transferring heat the paste wins hands down every time. I'm definitely going to give the paste a try on the next go round

So last night out of boredom I studied up on thermal pads vs paste, and when it came to performance of transferring heat the paste wins hands down every time. I'm definitely going to give the paste a try on the next go round
Same method of madness. Force the the heatsink open and insert motor? Or slide the motor in?

Just ran 2 3s in my kids bigrock. Ran hard for 3 solid minutes and motor never went over 80 degrees. 40mm × 40mm 12volt fan,.05 thermal pad.
Should be ok for kid use and no over heating. True test will be Kyle my 12 year old. Toggle switch for throttle kid!!!🫣🥵😵

Just ran 2 3s in my kids bigrock. Ran hard for 3 solid minutes and motor never went over 80 degrees. 40mm × 40mm 12volt fan,.05 thermal pad.
Should be ok for kid use and no over heating. True test will be Kyle my 12 year old. Toggle switch for throttle kid!!!🫣🥵😵
That's pretty dang impressive!

Back