Outcast Center diff bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet that rips. How far do you have to turn the power down to run it?

I bet that rips. How far do you have to turn the power down to run it?
I run it on punch #4. Anything less the extra power comes on unexpectedly and at the wrong time. I find it easier to control at 4 or 5 punch setting. Try not to jam on the breaks, breaks cause heat build up fast in the motor.

Got the thermal pad put in the heat sink, dang that was tedious as hell, and easy to tear is an understatement 😂 we fixing to find out what it does!

Got the thermal pad put in the heat sink, dang that was tedious as hell, and easy to tear is an understatement 😂 we fixing to find out what it does!
I did 2 the same night.And didn't bleed a drop.
Your going to notice a big difference in motor temp. The heatsink actually gets warm.
I read on the forum here last year ordered them forgot about the pads. I installed them over the winter. Ran once or twice till spring. I could never find the post or an thread about it and leave a comment.

Last edited:
I'm sorry the losi diff locker is 17 mm. The opening needs to open about 5mm more to be able to slide the motor into the heatsink with the thermal pad in place.

To be able to get a thermal pad in between your motor and heatsink. I used a diff locker from my losi baja rey I'm not using any more. Had to grind away metal off the diff locker so I could prop the opening on the bottom even more (5mm maybe) of the heatsink to be able to slide the motor in. My 2600kv hobbywing motor is running 20 to 30 degrees cooler.
Just adding the thermal pad! That’s crazy!

I did 2 the same night.And didn't bleed a drop.
Your going to notice a big difference in motor temp. The heatsink actually gets warm.
I read on the forum here last year ordered them forgot about the pads. I installed them over the winter. Ran once or twice till spring. I could never find the post or an thread about it and leave a comment.
You have definitely made a believer of me! The truck ran cooler than it ever has, cools off extremely quick if you stop it for a break. And end of hard run in the yard motor temp was like 130. I changed absolutely nothing on the truck but adding the thermal pad. I'm pretty damn amazed to put it mildly. Heatsink was actually warm and doing its job like you said. I did the 1mm pad, maybe should have done the 0.5mm which would have made the install a hell of alot easier 😂

Last edited:
I need to try this now, while my OC4 is all apart. How did you jam in that little diff locker?
Jammed it in their with my fingers pulling the heatsink open, then carefully pulled it out till the motor would clear it. Maybe 1mm or less was actually holding the heatsink open. If I put the heatsink down to hard the diff locker would pop out, only twice did i knock it out🤦

Jammed it in their with my fingers pulling the heatsink open, then carefully pulled it out till the motor would clear it. Maybe 1mm or less was actually holding the heatsink open. If I put the heatsink down to hard the diff locker would pop out, only twice did i knock it out🤦
Did you use the 1mm pad or the 0.5?

You have definitely made a believer of me! The truck ran cooler than it ever has, cools off extremely quick if you stop it for a break. And end of hard run in the yard motor temp was like 130. I changed absolutely nothing on the truck but adding the thermal pad. I'm pretty damn amazed to put it mildly. Heatsink was actually warm like and doing its job like you said. I did the 1mm pad, maybe should have done the 0.5mm which would have made the install a hell of alot easier 😂
It really does help.
You might of had the easier time with the 1mm. The .05 was flopping around with no wind in the room.😵‍💫

Last edited:
So you did use the 0.5? I did the 1mm because that's what popped up from the link you sent, it was a pain in the @$$ to get put in 😂
As long as I held the heatsink upside down the pad stayed in place. Which I learned about the 4th time the dam thing floped over on itself.

As long as I held the heatsink upside down the pad stayed in place. Which I learned about the 4th time the dam thing floped over on itself.
No wonder why I fought like hell to get the motor in and not rip it, it was double the thickness of what you used. And I had to use a longer heatsink bolt to get it closed together because the factory one wasn't anywhere near catching threads 😂

Back