Outcast C Ciip rear input gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I was giving it hell yesterday and Saturday. Running a HW Max5/800kv combo with 34t pinion. I think it would of popped back off if was going to. Hope when you get your parts you’ve got the same results. 👍🏼
Hi I was wondering if your idea still works? You mentioned a c clip retainer, is that just a new c clip? What do you mean with c clip retainer(My main language is not English sorry) Thanks. Leon

I tried several C clips (also referred to c clip retainer) and they were all popping off. I eventually switched the input gear and no more problems. The groove in the input gear must of been the issue.

Well after changing the input gear and a new c clip retainer, I finally got a run in without the c clip coming off!👍🏼😉 Hopefully I’m good. 🤷🏻‍♂️I did tear the sidewall on a rear tire 😔

View attachment 130485

View attachment 130486

View attachment 130487
Hi I was wondering if your idea still works? You mentioned a c clip retainer, is that just a new c clip? What do you mean with c clip retainer(My main language is not English sorry). I have the same problem. My c-clip on my Outcast 8s is getting off all the time....
I tried several C clips (also referred to c clip retainer) and they were all popping off. I eventually switched the input gear and no more problems. The groove in the input gear must of been the issue.
I oke, So probably a production error? Maybe a problem in the same outcast & Kraton 8s batch?

Did you compare the stock one with the new one?
No, just switched it out because I was running out of options and frustrated with the whole thing. I've ran the crap out of my K8 since switching the input and no issues.

No, just switched it out because I was running out of options and frustrated with the whole thing. I've ran the crap out of my K8 since switching the input and no issues.
Im really glad you found the solution. I have changed everything except the gear. So im ging to do that 2👍 thank you very much!

When mine started doing this i took some mechanics wire and twisted it tight around the groove, no problems since, also i think the problem is the groove itself its not very deep and its a lil bit wide on mine, im going to pull the wire off and dremel it deeper just to see, im geussing this will keep a clip on it

I took dremal and deepened mine a little and has stayed on so far
Me 2

Back