Outcast C Ciip rear input gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkbait

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the C Clip keeps coming off my outcast 8s , I'm ordering a new one as properly stretched but just thought anyone got any advice as to why and if I need to order other bits . This is the 2nd time , this time I stopped the truck as not to damage it anymore as last time the pin that goes through the drive shaft mushroomed and couldn't get the bearing back in . I order CVD Rebuild set of pins and replaced the pin , put C Clip back on but after 2mins of running heard strange grinding sound , stopped truck , tool shell off and noticed the bearing had come out again and the C clip was off the input gear . Very frustrating ...

Lots of people are experiencing this right now. With no real resolve in sight.. I really hope this issue doesn’t bomb the desire to have 8s rigs... I’ve only seen this issue in the more recent 8s rigs... my early v1.5 k8s doesn’t have this problem. And neither does my crusher. But I know @Harriot10 is having this issue with his newer kraton 8s ... and I was having it with my newer outcast 8s... so I’m thinking it has something to do with a newer part. 🤔

Lots of people are experiencing this right now. With no real resolve in sight.. I really hope this issue doesn’t bomb the desire to have 8s rigs... I’ve only seen this issue in the more recent 8s rigs... my early v1.5 k8s doesn’t have this problem. And neither does my crusher. But I know @Harriot10 is having this issue with his newer kraton 8s ... and I was having it with my newer outcast 8s... so I’m thinking it has something to do with a newer part. 🤔
Is it the same part from the older to the newer version? Anything noticable changed?

Same part numbers, and visually it would seem as nothing changed. That’s what worries me 🤔
Maybe some locking compound will help? Or stretching the clip to hold better? I hope🤷‍♂️ is it bad I want to sell this before I even have it in hand???

Thanks for getting back to me and in a weird sort of way , I'm glad its not just happening to me . I've ordered a new main input gear and some new C Clips and ill update on here if this sorts the issue out ..
If this doesn't sort it out then maybe all us new 8s users should say something to Arrma to look into and if its down to a new design in something then maybe they should roll back to a version that works ..
I'll update again once the new parts have been installed.. thanks again ..
Cheers 👍

Does anyone know why the C Clip keeps coming off my outcast 8s , I'm ordering a new one as properly stretched but just thought anyone got any advice as to why and if I need to order other bits . This is the 2nd time , this time I stopped the truck as not to damage it anymore as last time the pin that goes through the drive shaft mushroomed and couldn't get the bearing back in . I order CVD Rebuild set of pins and replaced the pin , put C Clip back on but after 2mins of running heard strange grinding sound , stopped truck , tool shell off and noticed the bearing had come out again and the C clip was off the input gear . Very frustrating ...
Been a problem every time I’ve ran my K8! It sucks, but I’m gonna keep on trying to get to the bottom of it.
Thanks for getting back to me and in a weird sort of way , I'm glad its not just happening to me . I've ordered a new main input gear and some new C Clips and ill update on here if this sorts the issue out ..
If this doesn't sort it out then maybe all us new 8s users should say something to Arrma to look into and if its down to a new design in something then maybe they should roll back to a version that works ..
I'll update again once the new parts have been installed.. thanks again ..
Cheers 👍
I’ve contacted HH several times about the c clip retainer and they act like it’s a non issue. The last time they asked me to ship my rig in for repair or to see what the issue was.

I’ve got a new input gear and retainer installed. I’ll be running shortly!🤞🏼I’ll post the outcome later.
Maybe some locking compound will help? Or stretching the clip to hold better? I hope🤷‍♂️ is it bad I want to sell this before I even have it in hand???
It’s definitely disappointing. Some others aren’t having issues. I’m not giving up!

Last edited:
Well after changing the input gear and a new c clip retainer, I finally got a run in without the c clip coming off!👍🏼😉 Hopefully I’m good. 🤷🏻‍♂️I did tear the sidewall on a rear tire 😔

D45AC82B-88D2-4DB1-8A66-07005F370781.jpeg

62C0023A-D534-4116-9680-B0ECF00A0D13.jpeg

42BA59FE-8652-4DEA-ADF0-B4B4DAE31CAD.jpeg

Same part numbers, and visually it would seem as nothing changed. That’s what worries me 🤔
Now that I’ve switched to a different input gear, makes me believe it has something to do with the groove not being deep enough. Front never popped out and now the rear replacement seems ok!🤞🏼🤷🏻‍♂️

Give er hell bud!
So another bash with the K8 today and the rear C clip retainer stayed put! Finally I can enjoy running this monster! (y)

So another bash with the K8 today and the rear C clip retainer stayed put! Finally I can enjoy running this monster! (y)
The BIG question is, what did you do to finally solve the problem ???

P.S great to hear you finally got a full run without it removing itself..!!

The BIG question is, what did you do to finally solve the problem ???

P.S great to hear you finally got a full run without it removing itself..!!
New rear input gear and c clip retainer. Makes me believe that the groove in the input wasn’t deep enough. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Great news bud . Still waiting for my order to come through New input and C clip , so 🤞 ill be lucky too .. Best off luck with it and hope the little bugger stays on 😀

Great news bud . Still waiting for my order to come through New input and C clip , so 🤞 ill be lucky too .. Best off luck with it and hope the little bugger stays on 😀
I was giving it hell yesterday and Saturday. Running a HW Max5/800kv combo with 34t pinion. I think it would of popped back off if was going to. Hope when you get your parts you’ve got the same results. 👍🏼

Back