Breaking M2C CVD Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics of Vitavon cups and drive shafts. Four slots might be handy if over time the first two get notched. Also might be easier to put new pins in with these.

Edit: question - since pins sit internally in cups, do I grease them?

20230810_001519.jpg

20230810_001627.jpg

20230810_001747.jpg

Installed now. I had to remove the shock assembly to get the differential back in. The Vitavon cups were hitting up against circled otherwise.

View attachment 316691
Bad?! What did you do to fix it? That bottom one screws into the bulkhead correct?

Bad?! What did you do to fix it? That bottom one screws into the bulkhead correct?
Yes, into bulkhead. Sorry - I meant: remove tower - install diff and cover - replace tower.

The Vitavon cups are thicker so there's less wiggle room. Plus they seem to sit a lot closer.

Yes, into bulkhead. Sorry - I meant: remove tower - install diff and cover - replace tower.

The Vitavon cups are thicker so there's less wiggle room. Plus they seem to sit a lot closer.
Ah, cool. Keep us posted on how they work out for you. I want some if they are legit better than stock.

Welp I've finally fallen victim! few days ago the pin on my rear m2c dog bone yeeted in the outcast and today the kraton 8s rear m2c overkill yeeted in the same way. The kraton one did last for almost a year though but damn. I've had a problem with this truck the last 7 times i've taken it out. Just random stupid stuff from electronics being funky to snapping screws in steering link to cvd pins :eek: :eek: :eek:

Welp I've finally fallen victim! few days ago the pin on my rear m2c dog bone yeeted in the outcast and today the kraton 8s rear m2c overkill yeeted in the same way. The kraton one did last for almost a year though but damn. I've had a problem with this truck the last 7 times i've taken it out. Just random stupid stuff from electronics being funky to snapping screws in steering link to cvd pins :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hang in there and you will prevail! I am thinking limiting the shock travel like a droop screw might be the answer. But I am going with bump stops and limiters being printed by Tex. I've looked at the limiting straps Vitavon a few times but don't want to go that route if I don't have to.

Hang in there and you will prevail! I am thinking limiting the shock travel like a droop screw might be the answer. But I am going with bump stops and limiters being printed by Tex. I've looked at the limiting straps Vitavon a few times but don't want to go that route if I don't have to.
Ive thought about limiting straps, Ive got screws in the droop screw holes but the whole hub and tire assembly that I don't think they do too much.

Had a couple odd things happen over the weekend too.
Five minutes into first run the red arrow screw fell out and was lost. As it turns out, this screw is pretty important! ;)
For second run I decided to go back to stock wheels/tires just for the hell of it. About halfway through, the foam insert of front left flew out of the tire. From a distance I thought the whole wheel had fallen off!
To top it off, both these incidents occurred about 700ft from where I was standing.

Sidenote #1 - the gripe about Mashers X traction on grass is completely valid. I've only been using the Mashers since I got them ~8 months ago. Putting the stock wheels back on and then driving in grass this weekend I was shocked how much faster the Kraton was at full throttle. I wish I would've had a GPS on it to measure top speed.

Sidenote #2 - the Vitavon cups/shafts are working great!

shot.png

Anyone having issues with the pins just falling out of the dogbone? My brother's O8S exb roller has maybe 4 or 5 packs through it, Max6/1100 combo. Lost rear wheel drive yesterday, took a look, the pin just fell right out of the rear dogbone. 🤔😖🤷‍♂️ The inner pin nearest the differential..wow! This thing is brand new.. sad. Are there any sleeves available to put over the Arrma 8s outdrives?

Anyone having issues with the pins just falling out of the dogbone? My brother's O8S exb roller has maybe 4 or 5 packs through it, Max6/1100 combo. Lost rear wheel drive yesterday, took a look, the pin just fell right out of the rear dogbone. 🤔😖🤷‍♂️ The inner pin nearest the differential..wow! This thing is brand new.. sad. Are there any sleeves available to put over the Arrma 8s outdrives?
I've had pins break but not just fall out. I haven't had a problem since I added nylon washers to my rear shock shafts. This never happens in the front BTW 🤣

I've had pins break but not just fall out. I haven't had a problem since I added nylon washers to my rear shock shafts. This never happens in the front BTW 🤣
Yeah, I didn't see that coming..pins just falling out. Especially on stock power. Think it's more of a QC problem than anything else. My bro has some voodoo on him or something, LOL. His TRX Sludge did the same thing, although that was all the driveshafts..front, rear, even center shafts!! Maybe they all come from the same factory?🤷‍♂️
Can't say I'm not concerned, since I do have an O8S roller on b/o. If I could find an actual XRT roller I might be tempted to go to the darkside!!😉😂😂🍻

Yeah, I didn't see that coming..pins just falling out. Especially on stock power. Think it's more of a QC problem than anything else. My bro has some voodoo on him or something, LOL. His TRX Sludge did the same thing, although that was all the driveshafts..front, rear, even center shafts!! Maybe they all come from the same factory?🤷‍♂️
Can't say I'm not concerned, since I do have an O8S roller on b/o. If I could find an actual XRT roller I might be tempted to go to the darkside!!😉😂😂🍻

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275583338340

Green to match your X-Maxx.

Thanks👍 I've been looking! Problem I have with those is they need too much. Tires, body, motor/esc, servo.. even if I built it on the cheap I'm in for $1000. Might just as well buy an rtr.🤷‍♂️ Which is more money than I have to play with ATM.
If the O8S pans out, I'll be able to finish it out under $700.. big If as to whether they will ever ship. I have had chats with both HH and Amain, they say they're coming..🤞

Thanks👍 I've been looking! Problem I have with those is they need too much. Tires, body, motor/esc, servo.. even if I built it on the cheap I'm in for $1000. Might just as well buy an rtr.🤷‍♂️ Which is more money than I have to play with ATM.
If the O8S pans out, I'll be able to finish it out under $700.. big If as to whether they will ever ship. I have had chats with both HH and Amain, they say they're coming..🤞

I’ll send you a lightly used reinforced green body and the servo I took out of mine for the cost of shipping.

I’ll send you a lightly used reinforced green body and the servo I took out of mine for the cost of shipping.
Thanks brother, I appreciate that. I gotta think about it. Truth be told, I would rather have a different rig than what my bro has.. I admit, it's the $399 that hooked me onto the O8S. You know me, stock is how I role generally. It just works for me. Hmm..

Back