BLX 185 vs Spektrum Firma 150?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yazman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Which do you prefer, and why? I like that the Spektrum makes bleep bloop noises, but I'm curious about it's performance/longevity/quality/heat.

Also, are the Spektrum 2050kv and the BLX 4074 the same thing?

I don't have any problems with the Spektrum 150, but I've got 4 BLX 185s that have been absolute work horses for me. For that reason, I'd choose the BLX.

Are there any advantages to the Firma 150? The computer noises fools a noob such as myself into thinking it's got some fancy technology or something

To me BLX 185>Spektrum 150. BLX was a Hobbywing. Spektrum not so sure, but firmware is upgradeable.

Seems like the blx has slightly more low end response, but that's just my 2 cents. I haven't actually tested anything, just driving impressions

Are there any advantages to the Firma 150? The computer noises fools a noob such as myself into thinking it's got some fancy technology or something
I'm also new to this hobby. I first picked up the RTR K6 blx and being a beginner I had a hard time keeping the truck straight under full throttle. I also picked up an EXB and went with a spektrum 160 and a AVC receiver and for me it was a huge difference on how much easier it was to control it under full throttle. Just my noobie 2 cents.

185blx is a workhorse, have 2 for 4-5 years and they never failed.
I'm kinda new to the Spektrum, i have (had) 2 - and one failed on my 2nd run...

The spektrum have an option for 7.4v BEC which is nice, and more settings as timing and brakes higher than 50%. Also telemetry which i don't use.

Thanks guys for all your thoughts!

What do you all think about the Spektrum 2050kv vs the BLX 4074?

The blx 185 is pretty much a hobbywing 08BL150, the spektrum the hobbywing Max8. Hobbywing specs are almost identical. Max8 is worth the extra coin for the 7.4v bec and the better on off button. I don’t have a proper Max8 but the Corally Max8 clone and it is better than both of them. (Own only one Firma 150 and but 5 blx’s). If I were buying an 1/8 scale esc I’d look for the corally on eBay for under 90$ or so or get the Max8 if I want to spurge.

Last edited:
I'm also new to this hobby. I first picked up the RTR K6 blx and being a beginner I had a hard time keeping the truck straight under full throttle. I also picked up an EXB and went with a spektrum 160 and a AVC receiver and for me it was a huge difference on how much easier it was to control it under full throttle. Just my noobie 2 cents.
Feel ya....AVC in all my bashers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back