Big Rock Big Rock diff 4 gears not spinning when trying to put back together.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hey Arrma Fam,

I took my Big Rock diffs apart just to change the diff lube. I go to put the 4 small gears back in. As I try to put a third one in, they will not spin. It gets locked up. Can’t figure it out for the life of me! Spent so much time trying to figure it out and looking at videos. I’m so confused because it’s so easy to put back together. I did the rear so easy. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I made a video but I guess you can’t upload videos here? So confused how it keeps getting locked up after I put a third gear in.

Thanks

Hey Arrma Fam,

I took my Big Rock diffs apart just to change the diff lube. I go to put the 4 small gears back in. As I try to put a third one in, they will not spin. It gets locked up. Can’t figure it out for the life of me! Spent so much time trying to figure it out and looking at videos. I’m so confused because it’s so easy to put back together. I did the rear so easy. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I made a video but I guess you can’t upload videos here? So confused how it keeps getting locked up after I put a third gear in.

Thanks
Please see video here

Just add a video on YouTube and copy it here!!
Awesome. Uploaded, thanks!

Mine was binding the other day until I put the whole thing together sorry it didn’t work for you. You know there’s another gear to complete the assembly right

Last edited:
Mine was binding the other day until I put the whole thing together sorry it didn’t work for you. You know there’s another gear to complete the assembly right
Yea there are 4 gears. When I put the third one in that’s when it gets stuck.
Where is that video!?
You're putting it together wrong.
That’s what I was thinking. But I can’t find what I’m missing. But it’s very easy to put back together. All gears and rods are the same size. It just keeps getting stuck somehow.
If you put the cover on does it still bind?
Ok I just put the cover on and tried again… now it’s working. Swear I did that many times. Thank man!

Last edited:
Put the forth gear in and put the cap on and see if that work. The shafts need to be supported on both ends or it will bind.

You're putting it together wrong.
Finally got it. Thanks!!
Hey Arrma Fam,

Thanks
Update. Problem solved. I put the whole thing together one more time and it works.

Thanks everybody!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back