Fireteam Best upgrades for Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyal316

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on the FT6S, super excited to get it.

Got these with it:

Spektrum battery (plan to get at least one more)
22.2V 6800mAh 6S 120C Smart G2 Pro Basher LiPo: IC5
SPMXB6S68

Spektrum charger
S2100 G2 2x100W AC Smart Charger
SPMXC2000

What are some of the best upgrades for this vehicle?

Other things you recommend for it?

Congrats on the new rig...

Most of us would say bash it first and see what breaks to see what you need... everyone's style is different.

If I were to give a list of what I found was most helpful with my FT it would have been:

1. MC2 rear shock tower brace - redirect the force so does not bend the rear shock tower
2. M2C shock standoff - I'm not a jumper. Even on a bad bash/crash, the stocks bend
3. Aluminum front/rear chassis braces. I found some on ebay been good since did not go with M2C

Those are normally my basics. I did more, but those were areas in which I needed support for my style.

All of the above is optional and certainly not required for you to get started and find your fell

(y)

I just pulled the trigger on the FT6S, super excited to get it.

Got these with it:

Spektrum battery (plan to get at least one more)
22.2V 6800mAh 6S 120C Smart G2 Pro Basher LiPo: IC5
SPMXB6S68

Spektrum charger
S2100 G2 2x100W AC Smart Charger
SPMXC2000

What are some of the best upgrades for this vehicle?

Other things you recommend for it?
I would run it stock and see how you go. been there done all the m2c and other manufactures upgrades and its great fun and also very expensive. I always think the chassis is a good upgrade especially on the longer arrma cars that's if your thinking of doing a lot of high jumps

Bearings. For some reason this things destroys wheel bearings. Hopefully they got the issue sorted out by now, but just prepared to replace the wheel bearings if they haven't. Congrats on the new rig. It's definitely unique and a blast to drive 🍻

Bearings. For some reason this things destroys wheel bearings. Hopefully they got the issue sorted out by now, but just prepared to replace the wheel bearings if they haven't. Congrats on the new rig. It's definitely unique and a blast to drive 🍻
I agree on the bearings: I replace the wheel bearings on most all of my Arrma and Corally 6s vehicles with TRB RC ceramic hybrid bearings.

SLT transmitters are base models, I’d recommend DX5/6 if you’re going to continue stroking the Spektrum electronics train for full telemetry capability.

The Fireteam is my most durable basher I have right now and I have all the 6S EXBs and others. It’s the only one where I didn’t have to replace anything (yet). I can’t think of anything to upgrade (pragmatically speaking) unless you have money to throw around for upgrades that you probably don’t need.

One recommendation would be (eventually) upgrade the steering servo saver/bellcrank (get bearings for it and replace the servo saver spring to the EXB one) or replace it completely with the new Kraton 6S EXB v2 steering assembly since the new one comes with bearings out of the factory.

I recommend the latter.

The dual spring and the metal servo connector/horn thing is a huge upgrade. This will eventually blow your stock Spektrum S652 servo, but I run a REEFS RAW 500 on mine and it’s holds steering extremely well in all conditions now.

Thank you for all the advice! Will be good to know for future upgrades, or if I break something, will want to go with something stronger.

Does anyone recommend the chassis guard? Does this go over the existing bottom or does it replace the existing bottom?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B1VDVVQX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A39WPUHODJNU0K&psc=1

51sw6oZgVFL._AC_SX679_.jpg

51v6noMsyjL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Chassis guard is for the shelf aesthetics on a 6S and is unneeded weight.

I do run the front and rear skid protectors on Mojave’ since I bash and jump into gravel/asphalt/concrete edges. They are additional thickness so screw length is important into bulkheads.

IMG_1436.jpeg

Chassis guard is for the shelf aesthetics on a 6S and is unneeded weight.

I do run the front and rear skid protectors on Mojave’ since I bash and jump into gravel/asphalt/concrete edges. They are additional thickness so screw length is important into bulkheads.

View attachment 348171
Wow, I had no idea those pieces existed that'll protect the rear corners of the body. That part of the body takes tremendous abuse on roll-overs and flips.

Thank you for all the advice! Will be good to know for future upgrades, or if I break something, will want to go with something stronger.

Does anyone recommend the chassis guard? Does this go over the existing bottom or does it replace the existing bottom?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B1VDVVQX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A39WPUHODJNU0K&psc=1

View attachment 348167

View attachment 348168

If I were going to spend this amount of money for something that will not look this good after a few bashes, I would just swap the OEM Fireteam chassis for the Mojave EXB chassis....

(y)

Thank you, love the idea of getting the Mojave Extreme Bash chassis! Didnt realize they were the same platform. What is the difference between the FT6S stock chassis and the Mohave EXB chassis? Same material? Just thicker?

Thank you, love the idea of getting the Mojave Extreme Bash chassis! Didnt realize they were the same platform. What is the difference between the FT6S stock chassis and the Mohave EXB chassis? Same material? Just thicker?
Fireteam chassis is 3mm 6065 the EXB is 3mm of what Arrma calls 7075 but it's been heavily debated that it even is 7075 aluminum.

Back