Best Drive Shafts For 130Mph+

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
Good Evening,
I did some research on google between Raz Perfect Pass Carbon Shafts, Scorched RC's Pinocchio Spool Set, or FLOPACK RC's Spool and Drive Shaft Setup. I couldn't really find a concise answer on which is the best, so I'm asking some of the faster guys what they prefer. I have heard good things about all them, so as a noob it's kind of a toss up to me. I think I'm partial to Raz's stuff at the moment because its always done me well, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running a Joe Diaz spool with PP V2 carbon shafts and it's a beautiful combination. I can't make an objective comparison as I haven't had the chance to try out the others but I have a difficult time envisioning something better. The V2 shafts are a thing of beauty and perfect concentricity. I have to give props to Raz for these, they're amazingly light and beautifully manufactured. There is zero vibration in my drivetrain and I can recommend them whole heartedly. I'm sure there's someone else that has tried them all and can give a more comprehensive breakdown.

I'm running a Joe Diaz spool with PP V2 carbon shafts and it's a beautiful combination. I can't make an objective comparison as I haven't had the chance to try out the others but I have a difficult time envisioning something better. The V2 shafts are a thing of beauty and perfect concentricity. I have to give props to Raz for these, they're amazingly light and beautifully manufactured. There is zero vibration in my drivetrain and I can recommend them whole heartedly. I'm sure there's someone else that has tried them all and can give a more comprehensive breakdown.
I’ll add to this. I have the Scorched Pinocchio spool and shafts. On my new build I have the Joe Diaz spool and PP V2 shafts. Both are solid choices but the JD and PP combo is ridiculously smooth. I can’t even tell it’s spinning.

That sounds awesome. Raz's carbon shafts seem the most durable of anyone's and having a better spool than stock sounds almost unbeatable in terms of combination there.
I’ll add to this. I have the Scorched Pinocchio spool and shafts. On my new build I have the Joe Diaz spool and PP V2 shafts. Both are solid choices but the JD and PP combo is ridiculously smooth. I can’t even tell it’s spinning.
Think I need to look into these Joe Diaz Spool's then. Thank you for the input.

That sounds awesome. Raz's carbon shafts seem the most durable of anyone's and having a better spool than stock sounds almost unbeatable in terms of combination there.

Think I need to look into these Joe Diaz Spool's then. Thank you for the input.
There is really no comparison between the stock and Joe Diaz spools. Highly recommend upgrading if you're planning on running a spool. Don't get it twisted, there are other good spools for certain. I just can't fault this one anywhere. The only seller I've found is Island Hobbynut though I suspect that perhaps Saga Custom RC might sell them too.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...ium-spool-kit-fits-all-arrma-1-8-scale-models

Pretty much any solid setup that can use the perfect pass carbon shafts will be a good setup.
I say that given how much it helped guys like James jump up nearly 10 mph. I have not had a chance to use mine yet due to high wind the past 45 days.

Pretty much any solid setup that can use the perfect pass carbon shafts will be a good setup.
I say that given how much it helped guys like James jump up nearly 10 mph. I have not had a chance to use mine yet due to high wind the past 45 days.
PP shafts seem to be the way. Man 45 days. I’d be going insane. It’s hard enough to wait until the next weekend to make more passes. Respect for 45 days, that’s rough.

PP shafts seem to be the way. Man 45 days. I’d be going insane. It’s hard enough to wait until the next weekend to make more passes. Respect for 45 days, that’s rough.

Very hard, but luckily work got extremely busy to keep me distracted.

Hello, does anyone know if the Ironman Rc spools from Island Hobby Nut are the same as the Joe Diaz spools I tried searching for them there and they don't show up on there anymore have tried searching the web for them and it appears they are not being sold anymore? Planning on sticking RAZ PP Carbon driveshafts in my Infraction should I go with Scorched Rc, Flowpak, or Ironman Rc branded spool? Let me know.

Hello, does anyone know if the Ironman Rc spools from Island Hobby Nut are the same as the Joe Diaz spools I tried searching for them there and they don't show up on there anymore have tried searching the web for them and it appears they are not being sold anymore? Planning on sticking RAZ PP Carbon driveshafts in my Infraction should I go with Scorched Rc, Flowpak, or Ironman Rc branded spool? Let me know.
Scorched are amazing. Versions for the V1 and V2 Lim, and all Infraction/Felony.

Scorched are amazing. Versions for the V1 and V2 Lim, and all Infraction/Felony.
Ok thanks you for the info I Have some stuff coming in from scorched currently just playing the waiting game. Hopefully it doesn't get stuck in customs for too long. says its on the way here so that's good there are a few things I plan on buying through them. also looking for a carbon chassis by them just not sure if i should go stock styling of chassis or get the gt versions. Which are currently sold out.

Ok thanks you for the info I Have some stuff coming in from scorched currently just playing the waiting game. Hopefully it doesn't get stuck in customs for too long. says its on the way here so that's good there are a few things I plan on buying through them. also looking for a carbon chassis by them just not sure if i should go stock styling of chassis or get the gt versions. Which are currently sold out.
They come back in stock quite quick. Just keep an eye out. Anything from Scorched is good to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back