Benefits to running a two pack "Y" connection system vs single connector to esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turn2burn

Reaction score
At first I thought buying two separate batteries (2s) to make a 4S pack would be cheaper. 2S packs are so cheap. I also thought it would be good to go to 6S (two 3s in series) as Im just running 4s now. But with all those wires isnt there power lost? I'v found $65 6s packs if I ever wanted to make the jump, it seems so much more simple.

As it would be I'd just have the 4s hooked up and a loop for the other male lead, maybe a useless kinda system.

Pros, cons for running dual battery system?

At first I thought buying two separate batteries (2s) to make a 4S pack would be cheaper. 2S packs are so cheap. I also thought it would be good to go to 6S (two 3s in series) as Im just running 4s now. But with all those wires isnt there power lost? I'v found $65 6s packs if I ever wanted to make the jump, it seems so much more simple.

As it would be I'd just have the 4s hooked up and a loop for the other male lead, maybe a useless kinda system.

Pros, cons for running dual battery system?
Not a ton is lost. It can also really depend on the batteries and the gauge of the series harness you are using. Lower wire gauge is better flow but thicker wire. It honestly is mostly preference. One 4s Brick or 2 2s batteries to make that brick. Performance wise comes down to the batteries itself too. Problems with dual 2s is both need to be same brand, same model battery and you may have a harder time finding the perfect ones of those to fit. One honestly makes it simpler in most sense. Buying a 4s/6s brick can clear up wires too without the harness. If you have a badly made or too small wire gauge series harness it can hinder performance.

Not a ton is lost. It can also really depend on the batteries and the gauge of the series harness you are using. Lower wire gauge is better flow but thicker wire. It honestly is mostly preference. One 4s Brick or 2 2s batteries to make that brick. Performance wise comes down to the batteries itself too. Problems with dual 2s is both need to be same brand, same model battery and you may have a harder time finding the perfect ones of those to fit. One honestly makes it simpler in most sense. Buying a 4s/6s brick can clear up wires too without the harness. If you have a badly made or too small wire gauge series harness it can hinder performance.
Going with the single then. 10 Guage is what I'm using even though the max x mamba 8s has only 12 which is odd. A Y connection could be used with a ec5 and a ic5 something cheap like a pack with an evil deans connector. Ec5's look like they will be around for awhile. Also with a single pack it will be easier to monitor IR

Going with the single then. 10 Guage is what I'm using even though the max x mamba 8s has only 12 which is odd. A Y connection could be used with a ec5 and a ic5 something cheap like a pack with an evil deans connector. Ec5's look like they will be around for awhile. Also with a single pack it will be easier to monitor IR
Great! What brand are you going to use? Gen ace is a good one as well as Hoovo if you want cheaper but still ok.

Cool thanks for info I was wondering about Hoovo. but I went with Zee. I think Ill try an HBT or gens-ace-r-spam for a 6s if I ever get that. I just don't have the space for that kinda speed. Im also soldering on a pair of 20 gauge wires where the harness meets the esc wires. Its for telemetry (so nice to see voltage so I can stop around 14.8v). Its big amps so yea its another wire that Im keeping safe with a loom and not really touching anything. But now I don't feel guilty of buying a premade connector. Yup I bought a male ec5 connector with 10 gauge leads. And Iv been soldering my whole life. Freekin ec5...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back