Kraton Bearing Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83N

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Before my truck arrived, I was out with a mate and his Typhon at a really sandy track and I remember being surprised by the crunching sounds his bearings were making at the end of the day. So, after I'd settled on the Kraton, I hit AsiaTees in a frenzy of excitement and bought the RPM front and rear guards. And the Boom Racing bearing kit because I don't want crunching, grinding noises after a blast. Anyway, this pile o' sh*te kit consists of 10 sealed bearings which seems to be half of what I actually need.

Out of curiosity, can you guys take a look and see if you can help me identify where they all go?

In the pic attached, I've shown the kit after the front hub bearings had been replaced (top left and bottom right segments of the box).

Top centre - inner bearing for diff. Input shaft?

Bottom left - thought these would be for the steering assembly but they're about 1mm too big.

Bottom centre - ??

Individual bearings seem to be of an expected quality but over all this seems to be a really crap kit...

...Nothing for the rear hubs.
...Nothing for the centre diff.
...Nothing for the outer diff input shaft.

(sigh)

Attachments

• IMG_5198.JPG
    IMG_5198.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 86
Thanks guys.

Still none the wiser about where the bearings in the bottom centre and bottom left go!? :confused:

It's hard to tell. What are the measurements of the bearings? Compare them to the AVID bearings list.

My guess is the bottom center bearings are intended for the the steering rack. That's the only spot on the truck that I know of that will accept those hat bearing.

The ones on the right? It's hard to tell. How many of that size did you get? They look like the center diff bearings or outer hub bearings to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back