Outcast Custom 6s EXB Bearing Kit from Jim’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAnOutcast

compulsive over-thinker, I think. 🤔
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience (or opinion :)) with the custom bearing kit for the Outcast 6s EXB from Jim’s Bearings? The description says the kit was “pieced together specifically for the Arrma vehicles, with bashing in less than ideal conditions in mind.”

Here’s what the kit includes:

• Stainless wheel hubs keeps the rust off the vital areas that see rust
  • Stainless Bellcrank bearings should never need replaced again
  • Stainless outer diff pinion
  • Abec 5 metal shield motor bearing for inner diff pinion
  • Chrome steels on the diffs, to add some extra durability over the Stainless
So rather than all stainless or chrome, they’ve kitted based on what they think is a good combo for bashing…

Seems like it would be worth the few extra bucks over Fast Eddy’s, but I have little experience in this area, so I’m clueless.

I’m going to service all three diffs soon and thought it would be a good idea to replace stock bearings while having it torn down.

Thanks for all comments and suggestions!

Here’s the link to Jim’s if anyone is interested:

https://jimsbearings.com/products/a...stunt-truck-basher-kit?variant=42375360676034

Does anyone have experience (or opinion :)) with the custom bearing kit for the Outcast 6s EXB from Jim’s Bearings? The description says the kit was “pieced together specifically for the Arrma vehicles, with bashing in less than ideal conditions in mind.”

Here’s what the kit includes:

• Stainless wheel hubs keeps the rust off the vital areas that see rust
  • Stainless Bellcrank bearings should never need replaced again
  • Stainless outer diff pinion
  • Abec 5 metal shield motor bearing for inner diff pinion
  • Chrome steels on the diffs, to add some extra durability over the Stainless
So rather than all stainless or chrome, they’ve kitted based on what they think is a good combo for bashing…

Seems like it would be worth the few extra bucks over Fast Eddy’s, but I have little experience in this area, so I’m clueless.

I’m going to service all three diffs soon and thought it would be a good idea to replace stock bearings while having it torn down.

Thanks for all comments and suggestions!

Here’s the link to Jim’s if anyone is interested:

https://jimsbearings.com/products/a...stunt-truck-basher-kit?variant=42375360676034
Jim’s is good stuff. It is thought that most, if not all of these aftermarket bearings are made in the same factory. That being said, they are still better than the OEM bearings. At least in my experience.

I have heard only use stainless if you drive in wet conditions. They are weaker than the regular steel ones.

I don't drive in wet so its never been an issue.

Jim’s and Fast Eddys make great bearings.

You definitely want to stay away from hybrid ceramic bearings and stick with a rubber shielded bearing for ease of maintenance

Debris and heat are the two biggest killer of bearings.
Also, a good thing to know if all of Arrma’s 6S line uses the same size bearings. So if you find a cheaper Kit for Typhon, Kraton, or Infraction go with it.

I tend to overpack my bearings if I pull the rubber seals off to do maintenance (maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full). I was surprised at least on the 3S Granite how much longer the bearings are lasting after doing that. I use superlube synthetic.

I suspect a little extra grease gets squeezed out of the rubber seal keeping contaminates out of the bearings.

The last set of Jim's bearing I got seemed very well greased. Was wondering perhaps if that's why they last longer, paired with a good MFG?..

I still have not mastered removing the seals.. They are a pain. Someone design a seal remover already 😆.

I tend to overpack my bearings if I pull the rubber seals off to do maintenance (maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full). I was surprised at least on the 3S Granite how much longer the bearings are lasting after doing that. I use superlube synthetic.

I suspect a little extra grease gets squeezed out of the rubber seal keeping contaminates out of the bearings.

The last set of Jim's bearing I got seemed very well greased. Was wondering perhaps if that's why they last longer, paired with a good MFG?..

I still have not mastered removing the seals.. They are a pain. Someone design a seal remover already 😆.
You are more patient than me. I toss them and buy new. I have never tore a bearing apart.

You are more patient than me. I toss them and buy new. I have never tore a bearing apart.
I know what you mean… I have done some bearing servicing on my “little truck”, the 1/10 Stampede. To make it less boring and tedious, I make a game out of it, seeing if I can do little things that will make one bearing spin longer than the other, try different lubes, etc…. It does make it more interesting when it’s a game.

RC noob question here but would some dry lube be a good idea in bearings?

https://www.wd40.com/products/dry-lube/

For super low rpm I don’t see it being an issue but for high rpm applications the lubed helps with heat dissipation and help creates a suspension for the bearings to move in versus rolling on a surface with decreased friction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back