Outcast arrma outcast 6s EXB pinion problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketbuilder

Reaction score
Hello all, i recently had a problem with my pinion gear not lining up with my spur gear when changing out a stripped pinion. I replaced it with a RR 12t and when i go back to put it on there is too much of the motor shaft sticking out when correctly lined up with the spur. I know the pinion is supposed to sit flush with the E-clip at the end and when i do line it up only half of the pinion is on the spur gear.. I took it all apart and made sure everything was there (thought maybe the crush tube fell off) but it didnt. Any advice? MY only thought is maybe the RR pinion is shorter in length then the stock one?

Hello all, i recently had a problem with my pinion gear not lining up with my spur gear when changing out a stripped pinion. I replaced it with a RR 12t and when i go back to put it on there is too much of the motor shaft sticking out when correctly lined up with the spur. I know the pinion is supposed to sit flush with the E-clip at the end and when i do line it up only half of the pinion is on the spur gear.. I took it all apart and made sure everything was there (thought maybe the crush tube fell off) but it didnt. Any advice? MY only thought is maybe the RR pinion is shorter in length then the stock one?
Pictures?

Welcome to the forum, man! Could you post a pic? That might help with answers. I’ve flipped pinions before to get them to fit better when necessary. As long as the pinion is properly set up and you threadlock the grub screw it’s good.

MY only thought is maybe the RR pinion is shorter in length then the stock one?
That's it.
Arrma pinions have a really wide face.

Just line it up correctly with the spur gear, make sure to really clean the grub screw and threads of the pinion with alcohol or break cleaner and use some blue locktite, directly into the threaded hole of the pinion.

Also, remember to check your gear mesh (y)

The e-clip on the motor shaft is meant to prevent the gear from slipping off, should it loosen up. The pinion doesn't have to rest against it, it works as long as the e-clip is present.

Welcome to the forum, man! Could you post a pic? That might help with answers. I’ve flipped pinions before to get them to fit better when necessary. As long as the pinion is properly set up and you threadlock the grub screw it’s good.
Ill post a pic of what im talking about asap!
That's it.
Arrma pinions have a really wide face.

Just line it up correctly with the spur gear, make sure to really clean the grub screw and threads of the pinion with alcohol or break cleaner and use some blue locktite, directly into the threaded hole of the pinion.

Also, remember to check your gear mesh (y)

The e-clip on the motor shaft is meant to prevent the gear from slipping off, should it loosen up. The pinion doesn't have to rest against it, it works as long as the e-clip is present.
Will do. Thx a ton

Ok so i got around to taking pics. I also compared this RR pinion to the optional 16t that it came with and its alot bigger. If i line it up straight on with the spur the motor shaft is sticking out some. Is that fine?

04207742-B6CC-4796-9A71-F0F38A1D6DA5.jpeg

15DCAC50-AF62-47CA-8AF7-42DFC8146753.jpeg

It's ok if some of the motor shaft sticks out as long as you have the grub screw set TIGHT. Look how far mine sticks out. Just make sure the pinion and spur are lined up.

IMG-3790.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back