Infraction Armma limitless V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey guys just got my limitless v2 and around 5 mins of drifting and a few short distant straight passes the motor I’m guessing went into thermal shut down checked temps and was about 160-170F what would you recommend for having a bash without it getting really hot I’ve got a hobbywing 1650kv motor with a 39T spur and a 32t pinion gear. Also I have a heat sink for the motor thats a bit tight but fits would that help with heat. TIA

You are geared waaaaaaaaaay too high. You’re going to ruin your electronics if you don’t change it up asap.

Have you used a gearing calculator to decide on pinion and spur options?

Which ESC are you using?

P.S. this isn’t the right sub-forum for you. Try the 6S one instead.

You are geared waaaaaaaaaay too high. You’re going to ruin your electronics if you don’t change it up asap.

Have you used a gearing calculator to decide on pinion and spur options?

Which ESC are you using?

P.S. this isn’t the right sub-forum for you. Try the 6S one instead.

Thank you for the reply and no I haven’t used a calculator a bit new to things like this also I am using the max6 esc and motor combo I got the bundle that was suggestion from model sport with the pinion gear and everything so I thought that would be alright to run

Thank you for the reply and no I haven’t used a calculator a bit new to things like this also I am using the max6 esc and motor combo I got the bundle that was suggestion from model sport with the pinion gear and everything so I thought that would be alright to run
They trolled you! are you running 8s or 6s? a 46t center gear would help you tremendously.

They trolled you! are you running 8s or 6s? a 46t center gear would help you tremendously.
Thank you for the reply, I’m at running 6s the spur that came with the roller was a 39t spur gear

Thank you for the reply, I’m at running 6s the spur that came with the roller was a 39t spur gear
tbh they shouldn't have sold you a max 6 combo for a limitless v2. Your esc is definitely hitting thermal and your motor kv is too high for stock limitless v2 gearing. Even if you put in a 46t center gear that's still over 100 mph and max 6 combo is not going to handle bashing with that gearing. I'm not sure what the minimum or maximum tooth count is but this going to be rough for you to fix. I think you weren't ready for a v2 limitless if I'm being honest. Infraction would have been infinity better for you or some real limitless worthy electronics like an xlx2 and another motor.

tbh they shouldn't have sold you a max 6 combo for a limitless v2. Your esc is definitely hitting thermal and your motor kv is too high for stock limitless v2 gearing. Even if you put in a 46t center gear that's still over 100 mph and max 6 combo is not going to handle bashing with that gearing. I'm not sure what the minimum or maximum tooth count is but this going to be rough for you to fix. I think you weren't ready for a v2 limitless if I'm being honest. Infraction would have been infinity better for you or some real limitless worthy electronics like an xlx2 and another motor.
He could go 50T spur and a small pinion. Might be alright.

Sweet thank you for the info I chose the limitless because I absolutely love the F1 look of it I did have a infraction a couple years back along with Xmaxx and typhoon 6s but money isn’t an issue if you think you point me in the right direction like esc, motor, spur and pinion gear etc
He could go 50T spur and a small pinion. Might be alright.
Is this what you would suggest? Higher spur with lower pinion does that help temps it’s just the temps I want to get to a reasonable level

I have a 49 spur and can use from a 23 to 43 pinion. Limitless v2.

Thanks for the reply and does this give you decent speed as well with good temps? If so I’ll will do this same as you? What electrics are you running
Also a link for the spur and pinion gear would be really appreciated

Thanks for the reply and does this give you decent speed as well with good temps? If so I’ll will do this same as you? What electrics are you running

Also a link for the spur and pinion gear would be really appreciated
What would be best for a esc is a xlx2. What I have is a Momba Monster x8s with a Castle 1721 2400kv. . Cant help much more that that until I run mine but I'm going to start with a small pinion on 6s. I have several pinions on hand to test. Keep a close on motor and esc temps. Get a temp gun soon if you don't already have one. Again, it's best to start with a xlx2 and I will need one before to long. Can't do the link thing but I think Saga gears are best. Edit- If you haven't done speed runs start slow and work your way up as that is my plan.

Last edited:
What would be best for a esc is a xlx2. What I have is a Momba Monster x8s with a Castle 1721 2400kv. . Cant help much more that that until I run mine but I'm going to start with a small pinion on 6s. I have several pinions on hand to test. Keep a close eye on motor , esc temps. Get a temp gun soon if you don't already have one. Again, its best to start with a xlx2 and I will need one before to long. Can't do the link thing but I think Saga gears are best. Edit- Id you haven't done speed runs start slow and work your way up as that is my plan.
Nice one bro thank you very much all I want is decent speed and to be able to drift it as well without it cutting out like I said with the system I’m running is hitting 170F in a few minutes but until I get the castle mamba system is it worth upping the spur and geting like a 29t pinion?

The limitless is sold as a speed rig. Not really set up for bashing. If you want to bash with it you can but you will need a real center diff not a spool like what comes on it . I would suggest picking up an infraction diff from Jenny’s.com . Then you can play around with 18-26 tooth pinions. If you’ve got the max 6 with 1650kv 4985 motor it will have plenty power for blasting around parking lots. Get some fans, A temp.gun and have a blast. Most folks set the Limitless up for straight line speed runs but that don’t mean you have to. I have thought about getting one to try to dial it in for better turning and handling around corners and. Let us know how things work out. A Limitless lot brasher sounds fun to me too

The limitless is sold as a speed rig. Not really set up for bashing. If you want to bash with it you can but you will need a real center diff not a spool like what comes on it . I would suggest picking up an infraction diff from Jenny’s.com . Then you can play around with 18-26 tooth pinions. If you’ve got the max 6 with 1650kv 4985 motor it will have plenty power for blasting around parking lots. Get some fans, A temp.gun and have a blast. Fb da žx Most folks set the Limitless up for straight line speed runs but that don’t mean you have to. I have thought about getting one to try to dial it in for better turning and handling around corners and. Let us know how things work out. A Limitless lot brasher sounds fun to me too
Thank you for that bro shouldn’t be too hard to swap the center diffs but yeah I see a lot of speed runs with it but I like the way it looks I love it a lot and would love to make it a basher out of it but have the speed also I will try the spool for the time being and get a bigger one but will defo try the swap and see how that goes

A 46t Infxn Diff from Jennys is $40 and an ARA310920 Spur Gear, 47T is $34. If I were you, I would get the diff (and fill it w/ 500k diff fluid) instead of the spool if you are street-bashing and drifting. I am running 46T diffs (w/ 20 - 25t pinions) in all but one of my 5 different 6s rigs (that still has a 50T spur gear on the Diff).

I spent $60+ to build a 40T spur but I haven't even tried it yet because I don't really have the road/distance for the 100ish mph it would be capable of and I know it will overheat my system if I try and bash with a 40t spool and a 27T+ pinion.
View attachment 288315
just tried searching for the diff and I can find it? Will and limitless v1 center diff do?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back