Big Rock ARA330830 V2 wide hub, what's different about it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
I'm looking for some Kraton/Noto 6s hubs for the rear of a Krajave I built. It currently has Mojo 6s hubs/stubs, I want to try the wider truck hubs/stubs. Noticed at JRC they say the BR 6s hubs are unique to that model. Must be just the rear hubs since the K6/N6 use the same p/n on the front as the BR. Then, over at Arrma RC, I noticed that the new K6EXB also uses the ARA330830 V2 wide rear hubs, so not unique to the BR after all I guess? Anyways, what I also found is that all the current 6s rigs use the same rear stub axles, well trucks anyways, Mojo is different I know (Typhon) stubs. So, what is the actual difference in these v2 wide hubs if they use the same stub axles as the prevous hubs I wonder? Anyone know?

I'm looking for some Kraton/Noto 6s hubs for the rear of a Krajave I built. It currently has Mojo 6s hubs/stubs, I want to try the wider truck hubs/stubs. Noticed at JRC they say the BR 6s hubs are unique to that model. Must be just the rear hubs since the K6/N6 use the same p/n on the front as the BR. Then, over at Arrma RC, I noticed that the new K6EXB also uses the ARA330830 V2 wide rear hubs, so not unique to the BR after all I guess? Anyways, what I also found is that all the current 6s rigs use the same rear stub axles, well trucks anyways, Mojo is different I know (Typhon) stubs. So, what is the actual difference in these v2 wide hubs if they use the same stub axles as the prevous hubs I wonder? Anyone know?

Are the hexes different too? I know they have a few different width hexes as well.

The rear Kraton hub was redesigned for the Big Rock/K6EXBv2. Does it not call for the same stub/hex?
1712341846606.png

1712341870161.png

Are the hexes different too? I know they have a few different width hexes as well.
Well, these are the hexes for the BR and K6EXB RTR..
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-wheel-hex-17mm-16.5mm-thick-black-2/ARA311117.html
Interestingly Arrma says they fit the V5 K6 blx and exb roller. I know they definitely don't look like the ones my exb roller came with. It had the shallow hex adapters with offset on them. These must be an upgrade for those models.
Anyway, like I always do, I bought first, asked questions afterwards, LOL. I ordered the BR 6s hubs yesterday from JRC. I'll let y'all know what the difference is after I get them.🤪

.Anyway, like I always do, I bought first, asked questions afterwards, LOL. I ordered the BR 6s hubs yesterday from JRC. I'll let y'all know what the difference is after I get them.🤪
That’s the spirit!!! 🍻

I just ordered up a set of the same hexes to use them on Typhon S6 build (down the road), then stumbled upon this thread. Same ones Fireteam uses, and SHOULD 🤞 fit the Typhon stub axles. Deeper hexes. It's obvious they use all the available depth of the wheels. I wish I had known when I started the plans for the build.

Anyway, like everyone in RC always does, I bought first, asked questions afterwards, LOL. I ordered the BR 6s hubs yesterday from JRC. I'll let y'all know what the difference is after I get them.🤪
Fixed.

At least me anyhow. I have sooo many xtra parts (a lot of which I find uses for, even if that means buying a new rig just to use the part, lolol)... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I just ordered up a set of the same hexes to use them on Typhon S6 build (down the road), then stumbled upon this thread. Same ones Fireteam uses, and SHOULD 🤞 fit the Typhon stub axles. Deeper hexes. It's obvious they use all the available depth of the wheels. I wish I had known when I started the plans for the build.
I have the FT hexes, they fit the K6 axles/hubs perfectly. And yes, much more engagement in the wheels. On my Kraton armed Mojave (KXL) I broke a front hub and only spares I had at the time were Mojo/Typhon. On that I used some TC Kronos hub adapters, perfect fit.👌 So I suppose the TC adapters are the same as Mojo/Typhon? I literally have bags of 17mm hex adapters. Arrma, Redcat, Tekno, TC, Xray.. you never know what you might need👌😂

I’ve replaced all my rigs with the Fireteam hexes for the reasons above……more meat in the wheel hex.
They fit all of your 6s rigs? Any other changes required in any of them?

Top to bottom, FT, K6,TC,Redcat,Xray,Tekno. Also the race rigs use thicker drive pins. I have broken a few of the Arrma pins, never on a Tekno or XRay. Actually Tekno just started using the larger pins on either the 2.0 or 2.1 models, not sure. I believe they are .5mm bigger diameter.
I didn't get a pic of the Mojo/Typhon cuz they're still installed..

20240406_113808.jpg

20240406_114457.jpg

You can see where the drive pin is further inward on the TC hub(3rd down), which is why they work in place of the Mojo/Typhon hubs.

I also ordered a set of BR 6s suspension arms along with the hubs. My Kraton arms have seen better days.. the rears are soo sloppy I swear I have an eighth inch of play at the wheels, LOL. I just tore the rear suspension apart, the sloppiness is likely just as much or more from the hinge plates as it is the arms/hubs. Holy crap, I never realized just how thin Arrma's EXB suspension plates are!! Sad. Take a look at the Arrma plate next to a spare I have for my 21 TC Kronos xtr..
BTW, the front lower arms are rather tight still, can't say the same for the front uppers. They're just flapping about up front, hinge pin holes are hogged right out.

Attachments

• 20240406_112631.jpg
    20240406_112631.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240406_112708.jpg
    20240406_112708.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Huh.. so I was just doing some research on the Arrma suspension plates. I want to replace them on my K6EXB. Arrma says they're steel? ARA330681 is the part number for the RR plate, also known as D block in racing terminology.. anywho, that would explain why the EXB plate is so thin when compared to the TC Kronos aluminum plate. But, why are they non magnetic? I mean I put a magnet to the ARA330681, it doesn't stick. Must be stainless? In which case it might just as well have been aluminum? Stainless isn't all that strong IMO. So, I now see why folks often upgrade from the Arrma plates.. I'm off to do some recon..

Huh.. so I was just doing some research on the Arrma suspension plates. I want to replace them on my K6EXB. Arrma says they're steel? ARA330681 is the part number for the RR plate, also known as D block in racing terminology.. anywho, that would explain why the EXB plate is so thin when compared to the TC Kronos aluminum plate. But, why are they non magnetic? I mean I put a magnet to the ARA330681, it doesn't stick. Must be stainless? In which case it might just as well have been aluminum? Stainless isn't all that strong IMO. So, I now see why folks often upgrade from the Arrma plates.. I'm off to do some recon..
I always thought they were anodized aluminum, hence no magnet stick. I didn’t know the Arrma specs said steel. That’s weird, man…

So, bummer the hexes I bought won't fit the Typhon stub axles then. Darn! No worries. Guess I didn't investigate far enough. I still have the ones on there from a TLR and still look good. I should think about those super nice 7075 ADU ones for it.

Top to bottom, FT, K6,TC,Redcat,Xray,Tekno. Also the race rigs use thicker drive pins. I have broken a few of the Arrma pins, never on a Tekno or XRay. Actually Tekno just started using the larger pins on either the 2.0 or 2.1 models, not sure. I believe they are .5mm bigger diameter.
I didn't get a pic of the Mojo/Typhon cuz they're still installed..

View attachment 359261

View attachment 359262

You can see where the drive pin is further inward on the TC hub(3rd down), which is why they work in place of the Mojo/Typhon hubs.

I also ordered a set of BR 6s suspension arms along with the hubs. My Kraton arms have seen better days.. the rears are soo sloppy I swear I have an eighth inch of play at the wheels, LOL. I just tore the rear suspension apart, the sloppiness is likely just as much or more from the hinge plates as it is the arms/hubs. Holy crap, I never realized just how thin Arrma's EXB suspension plates are!! Sad. Take a look at the Arrma plate next to a spare I have for my 21 TC Kronos xtr..
BTW, the front lower arms are rather tight still, can't say the same for the front uppers. They're just flapping about up front, hinge pin holes are hogged right out.
That’s a ton of useful information right there. Thanks for that. You’ve just influenced my next hub purchase for sure. I need to do some research, as I’m loving the silver X-Ray ones, but I’d need to change the carriers to run on a Typhon, correct?

So, bummer the hexes I bought won't fit the Typhon stub axles then. Darn! No worries. Guess I didn't investigate far enough. I still have the ones on there from a TLR and still look good. I should think about those super nice 7075 ADU ones for it.
Which did you buy, FT? They could, but that would be a lot of milling to get the pins to line up. At which point you wouldn't likely gain much "beef" over the stock pieces. Alternatively you can put truck hubs/stubs onto the Typhon to gain about say 10mm total width..

Which did you buy, FT? They could, but that would be a lot of milling to get the pins to line up. At which point you wouldn't likely gain much "beef" over the stock pieces. Alternatively you can put truck hubs/stubs onto the Typhon to gain about say 10mm total width..
Looks like Tekno has another mm of hex engagement, but X-ray appears to require m8x12 shim(s)to eliminate hub slop.

Back