amainhobbies what gives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParkRacing

Reaction score
Not directly Kraton related but quick question!
ordered Kraton parts from a main on black friday and the order is still pending, will be a week as of tomorrow morning. it used to be my favorite company.
I emailed them three days ago to ask what the deal was and they said that the proline 1980 chevy body I ordered for my tekno takes 3-5 days to process? but it is in stock?
anyways what has been your experience with the company?
I have 5 pages of orders dating back to 2009 and some of them are for hundreds of dollars!

I'm not defending Amain nor diminishing your issue; this year, online Black Friday and Cyber Monday broke records.
Below is a link showing it jumped 17%.
Of course, that is an average, it varies retailer to retailer.
For me personally, most of my Amazon Prime purchases were 2 to 3 days late.
I don't know if the hitch was in the order processing or shippers, probably both.
On one occasion when I was particularly angry at my child over an incident, another parent softly reminded me "one bad thing doesn't undo many good things".
In the end, the decision is up to you.

Link:
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/cyber-monday-2017-stats/

Yup, I placed probably a dozen purchases between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, one was never shipped and the seller canceled my order and gave me a refund, one got delivered to the wrong address(it was delivered to California I live in South Dakota) one got stuck in Florida for a week and one is still sitting someplace in China.

@ParkRacing I don't order a bunch from Amain, but when I have my experience has been pretty positive. I prefer to order from one of my LHS or through Amazon/eBay.

I've mixed feelings on the LHS's:
  • I like supporting the local small businesses which means I pay more for the convenience of now and the advice.
  • But advice is a choice and it's my decision to accept or decline the advice.
  • They do tend to get fussy and kranky when their advice is not revered.

I've mixed feelings on the LHS's:
  • I like supporting the local small businesses which means I pay more for the convenience of now and the advice.
  • But advice is a choice and it's my decision to accept or decline the advice.
  • They do tend to get fussy and kranky when their advice is not revered.
I too have mixed feelings about my LHS especially since 99% of what they cater too is Traxxas, the other 1% is Losi, Vaterra, Ecx and Team Associated. They can order me parts for my Outcast but they only get product in on Thursdays. Most Traxxas parts are the exact same price at my LHS that they are online, so I just lose a few cents too tax. However kits, rtr vehicles, most wheels and tires and anything electronic cost upwards of twice what they would online. I paid $124 for a Savox servo that if I would have been patient would have cost me $82 direct from Savox. I understand supporting local businesses but when they charge more for an item than the manufacturer does it gets kind of hard to do.

Shoot. My LHS is awesome and they are affordable. Huge Arrma selection and some Axial, Losi and Traxxas. Planes and other things that are awesome like rockets! Prices are inline with Horizon and every place else. Want something they don’t have? 2 days and it’s in your hand. Got the Mini B yesterday and already ordered a brushless set up. Lol. It’s pretty fast but I want a rocket ship for a Mini. 😂

Shoot. My LHS is awesome and they are affordable. Huge Arrma selection and some Axial, Losi and Traxxas. Planes and other things that are awesome like rockets! Prices are inline with Horizon and every place else. Want something they don’t have? 2 days and it’s in your hand. Got the Mini B yesterday and already ordered a brushless set up. Lol. It’s pretty fast but I want a rocket ship for a Mini. 😂
You know this thread is ummm.. 6 years old?

Yes it being old almost got me.. :) Be that as it may I like Horizon hobby website better. Have had great luck with the two of them as far as getting stuff shipped within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back