What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldendrakester

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Talion EXB
I will have about 1000 dollars to work with this summer, I have been looking at a mojo as I could make a track easily. Some other options would be: comp 1/24 crawler, build up my dead talion EXB(for sale maybe), 2-3s speedrunner as I have a highway in front of my house that has insanely few cars, or another opinion you think could be better.

Well what part of the RC hobby gets your juices flowing? Jumping? Tricks? Driving fast? Scale realism? Racing? Driving on the edge?

You'll get a million and one different ways from the forum to spend your own money, but at the end of the day, you're going to choose the one that you gravitate towards. So maybe we can help you find what pulls you into the hobby and steer you in that direction to begin with.

If he’s got a straight, lonesome road in front of his house, heck yes!
The nice thing about the straight in front of my house (other than fews cars) is I live on somewhat of a hill and can probably see the car further than the radio can reach, offering maximum space to accelerate, This is the main reason I suggested speedrunning as I often end up on the road trying to see how fast my off road rigs can go. If you agree on that I should get a speedrunner, I would want low cell, as It will most likely be cheaper as I have batts already, so what cars would you suggest, think vendetta would be a good idea as I could buy an rtr in my area for 175.

The nice thing about the straight in front of my house (other than fews cars) is I live on somewhat of a hill and can probably see the car further than the radio can reach, offering maximum space to accelerate, This is the main reason I suggested speedrunning as I often end up on the road trying to see how fast my off road rigs can go. If you agree on that I should get a speedrunner, I would want low cell, as It will most likely be cheaper as I have batts already, so what cars would you suggest, think vendetta would be a good idea as I could buy an rtr in my area for 175.
You can speed run anything.

People with vendettas have reached somewhere in the 150 mph mark iirc, i've seen people get a granite to 120+, mojave's at 100+. I think i remember someone on another forum trying to get a mini summit to 80mph. Just depends if you want to do something different or use a tried and true platform.

If it's a brushless vendetta, for that price i'd definitely be considering that. Otherwise, a 6s typhon is pretty versatile, and you can always stretch it later if needed. My two cents.

A lot of people love the Vendettas and like @Hector_Fisher said, they’re putting up some serious numbers with them. I also love the Typhon idea, but don’t be dissuaded from a Limitless V2 even if you want to run low cell counts. It’s an outstanding platform and has held a whole lot of WR’s. It’s a little more expensive to get into but offers many rewards.

A lot of people love the Vendettas and like @Hector_Fisher said, they’re putting up some serious numbers with them. I also love the Typhon idea, but don’t be dissuaded from a Limitless V2 even if you want to run low cell counts. It’s an outstanding platform and has held a whole lot of WR’s. It’s a little more expensive to get into but offers many rewards.
I was trying to stay cheaper as I will not have any opportunities to work until the next summer,(think you can assume why) so I would like something that I can hold on to some money for fixes and gearing etc.

I was trying to stay cheaper as I will not have any opportunities to work until the next summer,(think you can assume why) so I would like something that I can hold on to some money for fixes and gearing etc.
For sure, if you're on that strict of a budget, grab the vendetta. Will give you money to tinker. And yes, you're going to crash it (hopefully at somewhat lower speeds), so you'll also have money to fix it. Not to mention, the parts will be much cheaper to pick up, and there is pretty good aftermarket support and upgrades for the blx trucks. Once you hit 60+, you'll be hooked ;)

The only reason I would consider a lim is there is a dual 8s castle one for 1k on FB, with batts and all. They say their top speed with it is like 160 I think.

For sure, if you're on that strict of a budget, grab the vendetta. Will give you money to tinker. And yes, you're going to crash it (hopefully at somewhat lower speeds), so you'll also have money to fix it. Not to mention, the parts will be much cheaper to pick up, and there is pretty good aftermarket support and upgrades for the blx trucks. Once you hit 60+, you'll be hooked ;)
@Hector_Fisher "Once you hit 60+, you'll be hooked" age or speed ? :)

Back