Outcast Aluminum A-Arms Outcast 6S V2 Keep Breaking Pivot Balls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two3fpv

Reaction score
I recently put aluminum a-arms on my Outcast 6s V2 as they were the ones that would get delivered the quickest. I love the arms and they seem to take a beating without issue, but the pivot balls keep snapping off. Is this something others have experienced and is there anything I can do about it - apart from getting different arms. I am assuming the plastic arms flexed more and so now that stress is being transfered to the balls and causing them to snap.

I recently put aluminum a-arms on my Outcast 6s V2 as they were the ones that would get delivered the quickest. I love the arms and they seem to take a beating without issue, but the pivot balls keep snapping off. Is this something others have experienced and is there anything I can do about it - apart from getting different arms. I am assuming the plastic arms flexed more and so now that stress is being transfered to the balls and causing them to snap.
Plastic arms front and rear my guy along with the camber and steering link ends seem to be the go to rpm or stock

I don't think there is a single person here who will tell you that aluminum arms are a good idea outside of on road cars, and even then it depends.

Bought a used Outcast with aluminum arms. The balls and hinge pins kept tearing out.... had to switch back to plastic.

Agreed with above comments. Aluminum a-arms will cause breakage of other components on an off road rig. I’d go back to stock arms just because I hate RPM arms.

Agreed with above comments. Aluminum a-arms will cause breakage of other components on an off road rig. I’d go back to stock arms just because I hate RPM arms.
O do tell I'm curious dan

I got a set as spares and wad thinking about throwing them on maybe I'll keep them for my noto build

Some people love them, and they definitely don’t break as easily as stock. Like Slick said, they do flex a lot and you won’t have very sharp handling. Ok for a basher though, but make sure you don’t set your rig on its wheels when not in use. They will curl up faster than Billy Idols upper lip.

I've had good luck with rpm arms on 3s arrmas, but the sheer size of the 6s arms and weight of those rigs seem to cause the flex to be significantly more pronounced. Honestly still haven't broken any 6s or 8s arms yet though, too busy breaking tie rods and wing mounts and driveshafts :ROFLMAO:

Back