All new Traxxas Maxx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many mfr's offer bluetooth (BT) control directly to the ESC - and you can view and change the setting of the ESC only. Trx's way of doing it - you have to pair with the transmitter (not with the ESC) and once paired, you can view and change all of the settings - ESC, steering and others. Any system updates (Radio, Receiver, ESC, etc) also come through this link. From a security standpoint, unless you are paired with the transmitter (this is a manual process), you cannot access the system.

Last edited:
I have been contemplating getting the wide kit to make the truck handle better than it does without , but all the videos I watch half and half have great luck ,some no problems others are breaking the driveshafts because they are pulled out now . I don't mind doing the wide kit , but don't want to get into the metal CVD's . With the driving I do , I am not that violent on the truck so for $50 for the kit , I think I might give it a try as it is easy to put back to stock if I start breaking shafts.
Who here has done it to theirs and what is your experience ?

I have the wide kit. Twisted the plastic driveshafts in a couple of packs. I did not enjoy the Maxx nearly as much before the upgrade to the wide kit though. I'd recommend it even with the drive shaft upgrade. If you avoid the self righting feature you will get some more life out of the plastic ones.

I have the wide kit. Twisted the plastic driveshafts in a couple of packs. I did not enjoy the Maxx nearly as much before the upgrade to the wide kit though. I'd recommend it even with the drive shaft upgrade. If you avoid the self righting feature you will get some more life out of the plastic ones.
I try not to use the self right feature even without the widekit , def not with the kit , easy to see could be harmful on the shafts .

I have been contemplating getting the wide kit to make the truck handle better than it does without , but all the videos I watch half and half have great luck ,some no problems others are breaking the driveshafts because they are pulled out now . I don't mind doing the wide kit , but don't want to get into the metal CVD's . With the driving I do , I am not that violent on the truck so for $50 for the kit , I think I might give it a try as it is easy to put back to stock if I start breaking shafts.
When I installed the widemaxx kit I broke one plastic driveshaft after about 4 battery packs. Some of the shafts didn't break but were twisted when I changed them to the metal ones. I do drive hard and fast all the time with this truck. I've broken one steel cvd on a hard landing after months and months of crazy bashing. Yeah handling is a bit better with the widemaxx kit. I also have Kaiju tires on mine, so maybe that strains my truck a bit more than the little stock tires.

I'm still 95% stock (I did get the lights and the BT link). Like you, the videos I've seen are 50/50. I drive on pavement, grass, playground .. barely any rollovers - and when it does, it usually comes back right side up - maybe TSM is helping ... though I have it turned way down.

I try not to use the self right feature even without the widekit , def not with the kit , easy to see could be harmful on the shafts .
I've seen the damage self righting can do .. I refuse to use it.

When I installed the widemaxx kit I broke one plastic driveshaft after about 4 battery packs. Some of the shafts didn't break but were twisted when I changed them to the metal ones. I do drive hard and fast all the time with this truck. I've broken one steel cvd on a hard landing after months and months of crazy bashing. Yeah handling is a bit better with the widemaxx kit. I also have Kaiju tires on mine, so maybe that strains my truck a bit more than the little stock tires.
I am fairly hard (and fast) on mine - and *knock wood*, no damage yet - course I'm not flying it either. As of this moment, I don't see a need for the wide kit. It makes sense that it would 'handle' better as the center of gravity is a little lower.

Hey. I put a max 8 esc and tried out 6s on the Maxx. It's just as insane as the Kaiju. Standing backflips with Kaiju tires. No problem. It will probably do standing backflips even on 4s most likely. I'll try it out. But this thing is a BEAST with that max 8 ?. I know that the plastic spur gear has been able to take the 6s power previously. Most likely it will be ran on 4s mostly. I only tried out for 5 minutes, but it's definitely insane Kaiju territory.

I was running 6s in my Maxx the other night, repurposed Kronos ESC and motor. Within 10 minutes I completely shredded two tires.

I was running 6s in my Maxx the other night, repurposed Kronos ESC and motor. Within 10 minutes I completely shredded two tires.
Yeah I can destroy the Kaiju tires and the stock tires very easily on 6s. That's why I mostly run my Maxx on 4s. More than enough for its size.

Took mine out for a battery pack tonight in the back yard , flying across the yard caught a hump just right , truck went barrel rolling literally all the way across my yard , landed on its wheels but I noticed the right front tire leaning in toward the truck . Thought OK , finally broke it , arm maybe . No , the lower steering knuckle popped off the screw/kingpin . Unscrewed it , lined it back up , screw back in , back to business !!!

Took mine out for a battery pack tonight in the back yard , flying across the yard caught a hump just right , truck went barrel rolling literally all the way across my yard , landed on its wheels but I noticed the right front tire leaning in toward the truck . Thought OK , finally broke it , arm maybe . No , the lower steering knuckle popped off the screw/kingpin . Unscrewed it , lined it back up , screw back in , back to business !!!
Yup, mine does that all the time. I think that the threads on the plastic c hub are worn out. I have to replace it, since that keeps happening until it takes out the steering knuckle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back