Kraton Aftermarket battery straps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyAtom

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
I'm not having much luck with the stock battery straps on the Kraton 4S. Broke two of them so far after bad landings (nothing else broke on the truck lol)

Anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket ones?

I'm not having much luck with the stock battery straps on the Kraton 4S. Broke two of them so far after bad landings (nothing else broke on the truck lol)

Anyone have any recommendations for aftermarket ones?

Where abouts on the strap did it break..?

Only one way to find out....make sure you have good aim. :)

May I get some extra samples for testing?
If I was make a purchase.

I'll shoot it with my-
Sig MCX .177caliber rifle
Compound bow (60lb draw weight)
Glock 9mm

in that order..

Uuuuuhh..
Oooo Reaction GIF

Huh, The Garage life and Saga straps look the same, but with a different label? How can that be? :unsure: ;):p

Just playin with ya brother @tysonwald .;)✌️

Glad to see you here, promoting and backing your products. 👍🍻

View attachment 365026 Just get a roll of velcro. It sticks to itself, so no buckles and it is super strong.
For real! My bro works construction, union carpenter. He brought me a bag full of what appears to be similar, fell off the truck er somthin", but I literally just used some to make straps for my K8S just last night, first time I've used it.
I've had this stuff kicking around for like a year! LOL. Works very well TBH. I used it to run lengthwise front to back in conjunction with the factory Arrma straps to secure a new pair of Turnigy Rapid 8000 4s 140-240C hard case batts that were delivered yesterday. I've only got one run on the Turnigy batts thus far, hoping they hold up well.

Last edited:
I have a question about battery straps.
Does anyone know where I can buy the parts the straps go into? I am looking for a bracket 1/2 inch/ 13mm wide so I can strap batteries to a carbon fiber chassis plate.

Something like this but smaller. I don't have a 3D printer and I am not sure plastic is strong enough.

IMG_5549.jpeg

Thank you they are perfect except for the price.

At least someone makes something. I need twelve or at least eight of them to hold two 6-8 s batteries. The brackets need to hold the battery during a 100+ mph flips .

Thank you they are perfect except for the price.

At least someone makes something. I need twelve or at least eight of them to hold two 6-8 s batteries. The brackets need to hold the battery during a 100+ mph flips .
Hopefully minus the flips, but one has to be prepared right?
I agree, $20 for 2 measly little bits of aluminum and a few button head screws seems absurd to me also.
What kind of tools do you have at your disposal? I bet you could make something similr from aluminum bar or sheet stock. Aluminum is pretty easy to work with.
I'm sure there's options to buy as well as far as battery trays that mount on the chassis.

Maybe these? Nicer, and cheaper..
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collections/arrma-limitless/products/custom-battery-mount-buckle

Last edited:
Nice👌 $12 each? Ouch. I can understand it being worth it to some, not me however. I'm still sporting the original Arrma straps. For 3 years now. ✌

These have done well for me in my Xmaxx.
$12 for 5.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRJ7BUY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
I have these they are okay. I've broken 2 of them though. The plastic breaks.

-edit- I have had them for a while though so I can't really blame them for breaking.

Hopefully minus the flips, but one has to be prepared right?
I agree, $20 for 2 measly little bits of aluminum and a few button head screws seems absurd to me also.
What kind of tools do you have at your disposal? I bet you could make something similr from aluminum bar or sheet stock. Aluminum is pretty easy to work with.
I'm sure there's options to buy as well as far as battery trays that mount on the chassis.

Maybe these? Nicer, and cheaper..
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collections/arrma-limitless/products/custom-battery-mount-buckle
Maybe not with the shipping from the UK.

Last edited:
View attachment 365026 Just get a roll of velcro. It sticks to itself, so no buckles and it is super strong.
I would still run a strap. In a hard impact Velcro won’t always keep your batteries from being ejected. And if they are you risk ripping wires out of your ESC or battery. Not worth the risk to me.

Back