Adding just a bit of detail / bling to Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Some Rustoleum metallic silver paint, a long hat pin or needle etc .... A small dot added to each Fake rim lock screw and the 5 at center hub.
Subtle effect tho looks nice ... IMO :sneaky:

z.jpg

z1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Looks like the tire is stress cracks around the rim. I just wipe down the bead area and apply ic-2000 ca glue. Seems to work great.

Pull the tire away from the rim as you go around the bead.

You’re right, it’s a subtle touch but looks great. Nice work!

Nice. Looks like the tire is stress cracks around the rim. I just wipe down the bead area and apply ic-2000 ca glue. Seems to work great.

Pull the tire away from the rim as you go around the bead.
Yea was on my TOO-DO list of post run maintenance ... did so today.
I'm kinda bummed on these LP's :cautious: they have seen two runs/batteries on 4S running around a dirt track, no rocks or boulders etc ....
YES rubber tears and cracks all over the glue bead areas of all 4 wheels ( Outside only ) Actually with the micro damage to the rubber showing up all along most of the glue seam to wheel, can't see these lasting very long at all !!! Likely sidewalls will blow out before tread wear is even an issue ... Bummer :mad:

Yea was on my TOO-DO list of post run maintenance ... did so today.
I'm kinda bummed on these LP's :cautious: they have seen two runs/batteries on 4S running around a dirt track, no rocks or boulders etc ....
YES rubber tears and cracks all over the glue bead areas of all 4 wheels ( Outside only ) Actually with the micro damage to the rubber showing up all along most of the glue seam to wheel, can't see these lasting very long at all !!! Likely sidewalls will blow out before tread wear is even an issue ... Bummer :mad:
I put extra on them even when they are new. I think the LP variety are more prone to this issue. The Badlands LP tire is even worse in my opinion.

Back